Bears need drastic change over mini-bye week ( FTO)

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
1666270807372.png

We need to make drastic changes!!!

Hey Bob, move over to the stern. It will be so much better!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sure, I'll play:
  • Bench Mustipher and insert Patrick at Center
  • If Leatherwood is healthy (fully recoverd from Mono) insert him at LG.
    • If he isn't, I would go Schofield and then Reiff at LG
      • Schofield came in for a few plays against Washington at LG and didn't look that bad, granted it was only 3 or 4 plays
  • I would leave Jenkins at RG as he has settled in there and is our best linemen.
    • Braxton Jones will be a solid LT once he fills out. Pretty small considering he is 6'5. Hit that weightroom young man.
Now for the most important part:
  • Lock Getsy in a room and have him watch on a continuous loop the offenses for Lamar Jackson, Jalen Hurts and Josh Allen and let him know THAT is the offense we should be running
  • Fit Getsy with a shock collar around his neck and his balls
    • First time he goes back to "his system" he gets a shock to the neck...The second time, a shock to the balls
Here is the thing (and its way to similar to Nagy, which scares the shit out of me) as bad as we are, we are about 3 plays away from being 5-1 instead of 2-4.
  • This, probably more than anything, is what is driving all of us batshit crazy this season. We didn't expect to be world beaters but this is a down year for the NFL.
  • The fact that any semblance of an offense like Baltimore, Buffalo, Eagles and we are probably 5-1. The Packers game is the only game we were really out-gunned from start to finish.
One of the better posts I've seen on this subject. Good job.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Come-on. Offensive linemen can add 20 pounds of muscle easily in one off season.
lol easily ? in an offseason they have roughly 7 months ? Even at a very aggressive and mostly unlikely average of 2lbs per month that is well below 20. 10-12 is feasible, 20 is not.

DB012031

Liked Posts:
lol easily ? in an offseason they have roughly 7 months ? Even at a very aggressive and mostly unlikely average of 2lbs per month that is well below 20. 10-12 is feasible, 20 is not.

Don't want to come off like an asshole, but you're nuts if you think that 20lbs is not feasible in 7 months.

I'm a former D1 athlete (wrestling and a walk-on), former certified personal trainer and currently coach competitive youth sports and that kind of weight, given the timeframe you mentioned (7 months) is a cakewalk.

These are pro athletes with the best facilities, weight room and nutrition that money can buy. If an NFL player can't put on 20 lbs of good weight in 7 months, then there is something else going on.

DB012031

Liked Posts:
Come-on. Offensive linemen can add 20 pounds of muscle easily in one off season.
Actually, they can with the right nutrition and weightlifting program. It's all a matter of dedication and sheer will.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't want to come off like an asshole, but you're nuts if you think that 20lbs is not feasible in 7 months.

I'm a former D1 athlete (wrestling and a walk-on), former certified personal trainer and currently coach competitive youth sports and that kind of weight, given the timeframe you mentioned (7 months) is a cakewalk.

These are pro athletes with the best facilities, weight room and nutrition that money can buy. If an NFL player can't put on 20 lbs of good weight in 7 months, then there is something else going on.
20 lbs IN MUSCLE. yes I can put on 20 lbs in two, that’s not difficult.

Congrats on your things. It’ s impossible Without peds.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

EXACTLY....between lifting weights & diet (5 small meals/day high protein diet chicken, turkey etc.). Also there are weight gain supplements for muscle. I once put on more than 20lbs muscle in about 3mos ( back in the day). I was getting to big, my clothes were getting tight. I had to cut back. But you're right "Offensive linemen can add 20 pounds can easily"

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I just disagree. These are huge men and we are not talking about body builders trying to sculpt muscles. 20 pounds of weight gain for offensive tackles has more to do with eating than anything else. And this doesn't even include the legal supplements that these guy's take.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Come-on man. What are you basing your opinion on? These are 300 pound men. 20 pounds is nothing.

DB012031

Liked Posts:

Your response tells me you don't know anything about diet/nutrition and working out. 20lbs in muscle in 7 months and you think you need PEDS? Get real.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Your response tells me you don't know anything about diet/nutrition and working out. 20lbs in muscle in 7 months and you think you need PEDS? Get real.
LOL I am a competitive weightlifter. btw personal trainers are largely a joke. If it's so common name one pro football player who has put on 20 lbs of muscle in 7 months. Hell, one year.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
LOL I am a competitive weightlifter. btw personal trainers are largely a joke. If it's so common name one pro football player who has put on 20 lbs of muscle in 7 months. Hell, one year.

OK I’m not a weightlifter and have no clue what I’m talking about…. But 20 pounds of muscle for an NFL lineman doesn’t seem crazy to me. I know Lamar Jackson who was only a 200 pound guy added 12-20 this offseason. (Depending on the article)

I’m not trying to shit on you either here… I’m just honestly surprised is all.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fortunately, 10-12 goes a long way along with and extra 8-10lbs of mass which that frame can hold. A guy that's already in great shape like that will be lucky to do it but that big frame may help. A strong 20 pounds of weight gain is a lot to ask for but it would be nice to see him at 330lbs next year. Lots more functional strength for the position.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
OK I’m not a weightlifter and have no clue what I’m talking about…. But 20 pounds of muscle for an NFL lineman doesn’t seem crazy to me. I know Lamar Jackson who was only a 200 pound guy added 12-20 this offseason. (Depending on the article)

I’m not trying to shit on you either here… I’m just honestly surprised is all.
What he's saying is that the extra weight is not all muscle. He likely added 7-10 of pure muscle with the 12-15 lbs weight increase. It's actually a great accomplishment.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Regardless of the actual amount of muscle added I do know guys can improve dramatically especially those first couple off-seasons. I remember James Daniels recently coming to camp looking like a different guy almost. But how much is actually possible I’ll leave that to the guys here that aren’t rocking the dad bod.

DB012031

Liked Posts:
And a trenbone sandwich daily

I would agree, many PT's are largely a joke, but you could say that for a lot of professions. Every profession has its great's and it's not so greats.

First, I never said it was common, I said it's not that hard if it needs to be done; there is a difference.

The fact that you say you are a competitive weightlifter, and you don't think you can put on 20lbs of muscle in 7 months without PEDS....maybe you should read what you just sent me but replace Personal Trainer with Competitive Weightlifter.