Bears need drastic change over mini-bye week ( FTO)

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
........ the lack of money spent on the offensive line, the remaining schedule and more.

Whew.......,pretty tough conversation about $$$, JF and the OL

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Obviously ....changes have to be made b4 the Mon night game

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Obviously ....changes have to be made b4 the Mon night game
Nope they need to keep doing what they are doing the young guys are getting experience and with great Draft position and plenty of $$$ going into next offseason the 35 year rebuild could finally be well on its way ta complete

greg23

Liked Posts:
It starts with getting mustipher off the field

Patrick might not be much better but he was the lone OL signing to play......CENTER.....put him there Monday.

At some point they should see if Leatherwood can be a find....at LG.....now is the chance with witehair out.....assuming he's fit after mono he should get 1st crack at LG.

Not sure Reiff does much but he may be an option at LT....at a minimum they should consider giving Jones help with a TE lined up next to him.

From there....start tailoring the offense to Fields or call quick hitters/boots/play action all day long

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
What changes are you suggesting?

In video, if u checked it out, they mention us having $$. I'd look at what's out there in FA Olinemen i.e. experienced. tackles. Changes have to made on the OL. Wr FA's too. I'd change to a quicker passing scheme from under center.
On Defense, more pressure.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
........ the lack of money spent on the offensive line, the remaining schedule and more.

Whew.......,pretty tough conversation about $$$, JF and the OL
I mean they're right but Kaplan is a moron and it's odd that it took them this long to see that this team was a garbage rebuild in year one when most of us knew it before the preseason even started.

Last edited:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
In video, if u checked it out, they mention us having $$. I'd look at what's out there in FA Olinemen i.e. experienced. tackles. Changes have to made on the OL. Wr FA's too. I'd change to a quicker passing scheme from under center.
I don't care about the video. I asked what you would do. When David Kaplan posts here I'll care about his thoughts.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't care about the video. I asked what you would do. When David Kaplan posts here I'll care about his thoughts.

So the thread and my thoughts are based in part on the video. Watching the video puts things in perspective. Your choice,
In any case.....I gave u my thoughts above. I also want to respectfully remind u, before things potentially go sideways,
this is a FTO thread. If u have any questions refer here............
*** PSA: Bears 2022 Season [Football Talk Only] Threads ***

Otherwise, enjoy your time here.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
So the thread and my thoughts are based in part on the video. Watching the video puts things in perspective. Your choice,
In any case.....I gave u my thoughts above. I also want to respectfully remind u, before things potentially go sideways,

He's specifically asking you to talk more football, and you are refusing. This is ironic in an FTO thread imo.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

I legitimately asked for your football thoughts. There's zero reason to remind me of the rules.

jonimus

Liked Posts:

So at 2-4, you want to bring in whatever scrub/old vet options are available at OL / WR / and Dline midseason to attempt to get a little better record this year and in result get a worst pick and have less money on real free agents next year? I'll pass.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I legitimately asked for your football thoughts. There's zero reason to remind me of the rules.

My thoughts are below in bold

In video, if u checked it out,>>>>> they mention us having $$. I'd look at what's out there in FA Olinemen i.e. experienced. tackles. Changes have to made on the OL. Wr FA's too. I'd change to a quicker passing scheme from under center.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
So at 2-4, you want to bring in whatever scrub/old vet options are available at OL / WR / and Dline midseason to attempt to get a little better record this year and in result get a worst pick and have less money on real free agents next year? I'll pass.

This is gonna sound crazy, but I believe in winning first and foremost. Like they mention in the video, I don't want
JF to end up, beat up, injured and on IR. IMO, we gotta keep JF healthy

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pittsburgh made a grave error switching to Pickett before fixing things.

Only fixes are to survive the rest of the year without getting the qb killed.

1. Bench Mustipher
2. Help the tackles with chips and tight ends
3. Move the pocket more
4. Do more of what they do best: run the damn ball.

jonimus

Liked Posts:
This is gonna sound crazy, but I believe in winning first and foremost. Like they mention in the video, I don't want
JF to end up, beat up, injured and on IR. IMO, we gotta keep JF healthy
I hear ya. I'm all for winning first too, but I think it's too late to waste money trying to acquire talent now. It takes time to mold on the OL and we're almost half way through a losing record season. What's the point? Adding defensive talent doesn't help JF.

If we can find talent at this point of the season that substantially helps beyond this season, then sure. But I don't think we can find that right now.

The money that should have been used was this past off-season and they should have done more to the OL and WR room to help JF, but now it's too late.

Let the young guys play at this point and see what you've got and save your money for this off-season. Just hope JF doesn't get hurt but he is getting valuable experience right now despite a bad surrounding cast.