Bears need to change the organizational structure

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I’ve heard it mentioned by several Bears beat guys, so maybe something like this is already in the works but i feel like creating a “President of Football Operations” and a “President of Business Operations” positions would help a ton, and everybody would benefit.

The McCaskeys get to keep their adopted son Ted Phillips, assuming he doesn’t want to retire, while also allowing themselves the opportunity to bring in a new face to hire GMs.

This is similar to what the Cubs did when bringing in Theo and it obviously worked out well for them.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I’ve heard it mentioned by several Bears beat guys, so maybe something like this is already in the works but i feel like creating a “President of Football Operations” and a “President of Business Operations” positions would help a ton, and everybody would benefit.

The McCaskeys get to keep their adopted son Ted Phillips, assuming he doesn’t want to retire, while also allowing themselves the opportunity to bring in a new face to hire GMs.

This is similar to what the Cubs did when bringing in Theo and it obviously worked out well for them.

Isn't this already whats basically going on?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Also, I mentioned previously I wouldn't be shocked if they give pace teddy's job and put teddy in a different role, then hire a new GM while keeping nagy.

msadows

Liked Posts:
i’ve seen nothing suggesting it’s actually happening just beat guys saying they think it should happen

I don't think teddy really has any say in football ops anymore. Figured that was basically ryan pace's job....Sweaty just handles how much money he can scam you out of for a ticket and such.

Either way, IDC either way. If they get a new president get someone who isn't a bonehead and knows football.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I don't think teddy really has any say in football ops anymore. Figured that was basically ryan pace's job....Sweaty just handles how much money he can scam you out of for a ticket and such.
my problem with ted is he hires the GM. and he’s pretty obviously not good at it.

Liked Posts:
Also, I mentioned previously I wouldn't be shocked if they give pace teddy's job and put teddy in a different role, then hire a new GM while keeping nagy.

oh yeah I remember you mentioned that, heard you on the radio, thanks for mentioning it

gopher72

Liked Posts:
Good businesses don’t move poor performers around like chess pieces. They put aces in spaces.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
you dont remain this bad for this long when it comes to hires...teddy is def involved in some capacity however little. He is the only variable that hasnt changed in the organization.

msadows

Liked Posts:
you dont remain this bad for this long when it comes to hires...teddy is def involved in some capacity however little. He is the only variable that hasnt changed in the organization.

well yea, teddy hires the gm's.

That's what happens when you have owners who are football clueless.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
well yea, teddy hires the gm's.

That's what happens when you have owners who are football clueless.

i'm not talking about just the GM's, I wouldnt be surprised if his blessing was needed on trades and even some qb draft picks however small that voice may be.

msadows

Liked Posts:
i'm not talking about just the GM's, I wouldnt be surprised if his blessing was needed on trades and even some qb draft picks however small that voice may be.

I've heard that doesn't happen anymore, but who knows.

Jurko said he doesn't meddle anymore, but used to heavily in the first decade or so he was here(The jauron/lovie years)