Bears New Head Coach Candidates

Who should be the Bears next Head Coach?

• Total voters

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let's pull Dungy out of retirement. He seems to have thing for Chicago, he'd be very lovie-esque which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Let's pull Dungy out of retirement. He seems to have thing for Chicago, he'd be very lovie-esque which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
The guy was basically absent even for his Colts runs.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
The guy was basically absent even for his Colts runs.

Are you insane he had one losing season in 15 years, turned TB around, his assistants Mike Tomlin, L Smith, Marinelli, Caldwell and Frazier.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bienemy apparently interviewed very poorly in all of his interviews and the league views him as merely a hood ornament for Andy Reid's offense.

I wouldn't buy into the NFL narrative to try and justify not hiring minority coaches. Listening to his SB interview, I find it hard to believe he would struggle in interviews. Obviously not the level of detail you get into for a HC gig but yeah not buying it.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ok. I know Dave Taub isn’t a real person but what the fuck are you talking about. None of your choices do anything for me. I don’t want a defensive minded coach either. I think Taub is more level headed and I think he would invite other coaches to do their jobs and stay out of either side and just be a head coach. Which is what we really need.

My point was the option screw offense I want a D head coach can pretty much include DT. The point of that option is you were not picking an O head coach so whether you pick a D or Special Teams guys, it is pretty much the option you are looking for.

John Harbaugh is the prime example of that kind of head coach. However, you have the problem of replacing your OC or DC once they have had success.

Since the League is bias towards the offense, Nagy made sense, until it was discovered that he is really not that good of a coach.

But you take a coach like Harbaugh and it is his offense and he can step in and call plays if need be. So the OC changing doesn't change the O but rather just the play caller.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Offer him 10-15 million a year over 4 years to run the franchise.

ozzie-newsome-718e28573250cc89.jpg
While I agree he would improve this shit show, he also had some years where he missed on a lot of draft picks... DeCosta took over for Ozzie and has done Well as GM.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
As far as Pace and the GM duties. I get that GM’s don’t get many seconded chances but I sure would like one with some experience and a solid track record.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Andy Reid has been a successful coach for decades and now we're going to give the credit to Mahomes?
I literally wrote Andy Reid and Mahomes. how you just completely ignored the Andy Reid part is beyond me.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Because other coaches from his tree have seen success. Frank Reich, Doug Pederson, John Harbaugh to name a few. It just sucks that we seem to have gotten the dud from that tree.
Call me skeptical of the guys who aren’t actually responsible for the offensive success in KC.

Id actually like Greg Roman. For some reason people give all of Baltimore’s credit to Harbaugh.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Bienemy apparently interviews horribly. Not sure why the actual skill of interviewing should matter for a job like head coach of an NFL franchise, but I'm sure that's not an excuse for something else.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
bieniemy gets to call plays with an all star cast on offense...not sure he can elevate a team that is mediocre

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Since we're making up hypotheticals - lets say Vic Fangio gets canned. Anyone want to bring Vic back?

Or, what about Chuck Pagano?

If Nagy were to be canned, I think Chuck would be in the running based on prior HC experience and being In House already.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Bienemy apparently interviews horribly. Not sure why the actual skill of interviewing should matter for a job like head coach of an NFL franchise, but I'm sure that's not an excuse for something else.
At least he didnt fail Phil Emery's mock press conference.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
If I was going to go for a new hc I would go all in on San Fran dc rob saleh

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
Since we're making up hypotheticals - lets say Vic Fangio gets canned. Anyone want to bring Vic back?

Or, what about Chuck Pagano?

If Nagy were to be canned, I think Chuck would be in the running based on prior HC experience and being In House already.
My fear with that is who they would pick as OC. It’s either going to be a retread or a young guy, who could potentially leave after a season or two. To be honest, I’d rather them go down the offensive route again and pick someone like Brady, Daboll, or Roman. Then, they could bring an experienced DC like Fangio back.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
This team needs a double dose of Harbaugh. Bring Vic back as DC. Already a much improved team without making a single player addition.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
PS, barring a complete and total collapse (which I don’t think happens, 4-5 is my guess) this is a 2022 thread.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats