Bears news... (a break from the mock draft threads)

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I think it's more indicative of Nagy's crew and their flaws that they weren't able to do the same thing with Pace's pieces that Eberflus and his people have. Pace has shown he can obtain good talent, just in all the wrong places and done entirely in the wrong way. he had no long-term plan like Poles has shown to have. when faced with some kind of pressure they're not going to be able to win the Super Bowl that year he just starts spending obscene amounts of money and doing draft day trades that hurt the team. going .500 and backing into the playoffs and the quarterback winning what's effectively an imaginary award doesn't help the team. losing games and picking earlier in the draft does. in case you still don't understand that it's acceptable for a team to lose a lot of games to get better later and finally operate like a 21st century NFL team.
Pace had a plan, but made two mistakes that derailed the plan. He drafted Trubisky over Watson. Which, in my opinion, wasn't as bad as the media made it out to be in hindsight and didn't single handedly ruin the plan since he was on a rookie contract.

It was falling for Nagy that was the bigger and ultimately career ending move for Pace. On the surface Nagy probably came across as a very upbeat leader and great communicator. He came from a coaching tree with a very prolific offensive HC in Andy Reid. But once you dive deeper into his history you learn he was really inexperienced as a playcaller and head coach.

But Pace did have a plan. He turned over the roster and moved on from an aging and expensive offense under Trestman/Angelo. He did so while having to manage Cutlers contract etc. The only two players he kept over longterm from before were Kyle Long and Kyle Fuller. Unlike Poles who has been able to acquire some 2nd rd picks for carry over players, Pace wasn't left much and could only get late rd picks for whatever guys he could trade. But the plan to get younger, build a quality defense, draft a QB, get him an offensive coach and surround him with talent was a solid plan. I think he got alot right, just missed on two of the more important pieces.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Plus to get street cred with reputable posters like @vabearsfan15 you have to do mock offseasons or you just don’t know what you’re talking about
Never said quite that. My point is that it is easy to criticize draft picks/decisions with the benefit of hindsight. I take criticism more seriously from people who follow the pre draft process and make their observations known about players and who they like and don't like when their future is still unknown.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
This guy specifically said he's trying to provide news without morons like you derailing his thread and then you go and say some stupid shit like this. Imagine that, idiot
We already have a news thread. If you want to talk about a specific player then start a thread about that player, etc. I thought this was more if a troll thread from HHM mock drafts. So I treated it as such.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong. I'll wait to see what this thread evolves into.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
@hebs there is a news thread that people check every day here. Just pointing it out.

Thanks for the articles.
Some people have not checked that news thread in months.

What I fail to understand is how some people complain about a new thread that makes it easy for people to get news about a team without having to hunt through about 100 pages of old trash, but are fine with some members making so many new mock draft threads that there doesn't even seem to be anything on the front page but mock draft threads.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

What I fail to understand is how some people complain about a new thread that makes it easy for people to get news about a team without having to hunt through about 100 pages of old trash, but are fine with some members making so many new mock draft threads that there doesn't even seem to be anything on the front page but mock draft threads.
I haven't seen many mock drafts personally but I certainly wish we had more.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Who’s complaining?

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We already have a news thread. If you want to talk about a specific player then start a thread about that player, etc. I thought this was more if a troll thread from HHM mock drafts. So I treated it as such.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong. I'll wait to see what this thread evolves into.

Nah. No troll thread. Sure I gave @HeHateMe a little ribbing at the beginning. But that was just in jest.
When I see a thread go past 20 pages here, I typically assume it has spiraled out of control or gotten way off topic and I don’t really have the time to sift through all of the pages to glean what little information that I’m interested in out of it. I know there are some here that feel similarly so I figured I’d consolidate some recent articles and post them all on a single page for folks to checkout.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Nah. No troll thread. Sure I gave @HeHateMe a little ribbing at the beginning. But that was just in jest.
When I see a thread go past 20 pages here, I typically assume it has spiraled out of control or gotten way off topic and I don’t really have the time to sift through all of the pages to glean what little information that I’m interested in out of it. I know there are some here that feel similarly so I figured I’d consolidate some recent articles and post them all on a single page for folks to checkout.
Fwiw i appreciate you bringing the bumping issue to my attention, i only click on "new posts" and browse from that screen, when i went to bears forum it looks like im out of control with all these mocks.

So I reigned it in and only made two mocks today.

mecha

Liked Posts:
the season hasn't even ended yet and the first page is all mock drafts lol

the actual trolls aren't doing their jobs, honestly. they ran out of juice 2 months ago I guess. I keep expecting mass rage over the team being on a 6 game losing streak and it's just not happening.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
“… Then they needed a team that once employed the best black quarterback of his generation… “

Uhhh that just doesn’t sounds right lol

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Who’s complaining?
Every single year you will find people complaining about someone creating a new thread about something, wanting everything in an all-in-one mega thread, and, if you haven't, you aren't trying very hard.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Every single year you will find people complaining about someone creating a new thread about something, wanting everything in an all-in-one mega thread, and, if you haven't, you aren't trying very hard.

So you’re complaining about people complaining?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
For Braxton Jones - it honestly is all about how they feel about him internally. He's actually very technically sound, but man he gets pushed around a lot. It is impressive that he doesn't break technique, but to me, its not enough to fully trust in one off season - I would draft a LT and put Jones on a program to help him build up strength - its not uncommon for linemen in rounds 4-7 to lack the power they need to play in the NFL early in their career, and often they need one or even two offseasons in an NFL program to get to where they need to be.

If a stud LT is there for the taking in the draft, I go with that and make Jones my swing tackle.

On Jack Sandborn, I just am not buying the hype. He's a fun player to watch on a bad team - he plays with a high motor but is too slow to play the position with any regularity. Pay attention to how many ankle tackles he makes. He's too slow to routinely to anything else.

I see him as a Brendon Ayanbadejo type - high motor and can be a special teams ace, and also fill in for a few games when your starting LB gets hurt, but he's not your starting LB on a playoff roster....

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Love to see Borom and Vildor benched or traded for a bag of footballs

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Last time I checked twice inducted HoF posters can make as many mock draft threads as they want. Not my fault that we the people enjoy them enough that there's sustained front page engagement...

Hey can you do a mock or two with keeping in mind that there is no need for a tackle because Braxton Jones is the future? Thanks

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hey can you do a mock or two with keeping in mind that there is no need for a tackle because Braxton Jones is the future? Thanks
I believe that they do need a good tackle. Jones is definitely a keeper at tackle but right tackle is a clear question mark and they have no depth. They also can draft a left tackle and move Jones to right tackle.