Bears not attending Kaepernick workout

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
No I acknowledge you think he isn't that good. I simply am saying no knows that for sure and Bears aren't good enough to be unwilling to take that risk. I also think the downside is small as they will still make money and they are already a laughing stock so they aren't really going to sink much lower if it fails.

Furthermore, 2:1 60% and 7 ypa is good enough to get it done if your D is elite. That is the point. He may not work for a team with a shitty D but he has already proven he can take a team with an elite D to the SB. Again there is no guarantee he can replicate it but there is also no guarantee he cannot so the question for me is less about Kap and more about whether the Bears are good enough to not take that chance or if they have a better solution. I think the answer to both questions is no at this present time.

And quite frankly 2018 Trubs if he didn't stop running is good enough to win with. The issue with Trubs is once he stopped running after the shoulder injury he became less effective. But if you have a QB that is a decent enough passing who also ran for 507 yards and 4 TDs in 6 career playoff games, that is more than enough to win with. At his best and healthiest he was in fact Lamar Jackson lite and with 3 years to recover, I think there is enough of a chance he can be again to take the risk. I understand if others disagree but just trying to make clear that it is very much debatable rather than a forgone conclusion that there is zero chance of him being a productive QB still.
And I agree on all of that basically.

Where you and I disagree is if the NFL basically ORDERED teams not to sign him. No, I think teams made their own decision and in some cases it was the wrong decision. The league might have encouraged teams not to sign him, but I don't think they prohibited them.

I also don't think he has the desire to play from the reasons I already said.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Please stop. You are adding nothing to the discussion.
That's your opinion. I added several points of discussion that obviously people don't agree with. I have every right to say what I want to say though... just like someone has the right to counter it.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
That's your opinion. I added several points of discussion that obviously people don't agree with. I have every right to say what I want to say though... just like someone has the right to counter it.

You have every right to say it, it's just that what you're saying is pretty stupid.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That's fine. But that only proves that he doesn't want to play bad enough.

I think it proves he isn't a bitch. If in your world you feel being a bitch should be a prerequisite for getting to play in the NFL then do you.

And I agree on all of that basically.

Where you and I disagree is if the NFL basically ORDERED teams not to sign him. No, I think teams made their own decision and in some cases it was the wrong decision. The league might have encouraged teams not to sign him, but I don't think they prohibited them.

I also don't think he has the desire to play from the reasons I already said.

I accept that there is a possibility that it wasn't collusion. I just think that possibility is not as likely as the possibility there was collusion. What I challenge is these apparent definitive statements that he can't play anymore or that there was no collusion. There is a clear reason why the NFL wanted to avoid NFL owners' depositions becoming public and discovery. I don't think that reason was altruistic.

I think he has a desire to play. I just don't think he feels he should have to debase himself to do so. He is not some criminal looking for a second chance.

Finally, I think the fact there are people out there that care more about the flag than they do the women and children being beat up by NFL players they cheer on Sunday says more about the society we live in than it does about Kap. The so called distraction and lost revenue is not because of Kap. It is because of the moral decay of football fans that would chose not to watch football because Kap knelt while gladly cheering Kareem Hunt or Ty Hill or Brandon Marshall. Jeff Walton just got cut for repeatedly bashing his pregnant girlfriend's head into the wall. If he had Kap's level of ability, rest assured that after some time frame of punishment, someone would sign him and most fans would welcome him. I suspect that thought is part of the reason Kap is not going to debase himself like you want.

Last edited:

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The NFL really didn't care abt Kap and Kap doesn't trust them. However, if he wanted to get back in the NFL, that stunt he pulled on Saturday definitely doesn't help him do that. Is he wrong for not trusting the NFL? hell no. I wouldn't trust them either. The problem is that all these issues could have been rectified earlier in the week. Have your lawyer talk with the NFL about changing the language in the liability waiver. All this could have been fixed or tried to be fixed behind the scene.

If the NFL refuses your demands, put out a statement why you can't agree to that sham of a workout the NFL asked you to do last minute. However, now, you change locale last minute and move everything an hour away to a different field, wear a Kunta Kinte shirt, and have a statement at the end of your workout that basically calls out the NFL. This just showed NFL teams that he's still about drama. He gave them an excuse to say 'No.' Should all this matter? No. In an ideal world, these things shouldn't matter. The only thing that should matter is if he can play. But we don't live in that world. I applaud that he has principles, but sadly if he wants to play in the NFL, he will have to conform. He shouldn't have to, but he will have to. I applaud him if he wants to stick to his principles but I also hope he realizes it means he most likely won't play in the NFL.

Dominic Foxworth and my tv sports crush, Mina Kimes, say it better than I can.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Have u read #7 of the waiver?>>>>https://docdro.id/FzCr9wW

C'mon....the verbiage below is not standard. It's to keep him from suing on ANY level. That's why his lawyers said don't sign it. I'll try to find a "standard wavier".

"respective direct and indirect affiliates, partners, subsidiaries, agents, representatives, employees, shareholders, officers, directors, attorneys,insurers, successors and assigns(collectively, the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, causes of action, suits, grievances, "

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
The NFL really didn't care abt Kap and Kap doesn't trust them. However, if he wanted to get back in the NFL, that stunt he pulled on Saturday definitely doesn't help him do that. Is he wrong for not trusting the NFL? hell no. I wouldn't trust them either. The problem is that all these issues could have been rectified earlier in the week. Have your lawyer talk with the NFL about changing the language in the liability waiver. All this could have been fixed or tried to be fixed behind the scene.

If the NFL refuses your demands, put out a statement why you can't agree to that sham of a workout the NFL asked you to do last minute. However, now, you change locale last minute and move everything an hour away to a different field, wear a Kunta Kinte shirt, and have a statement at the end of your workout that basically calls out the NFL. This just showed NFL teams that he's still about drama. He gave them an excuse to say 'No.' Should all this matter? No. In an ideal world, these things shouldn't matter. The only thing that should matter is if he can play. But we don't live in that world. I applaud that he has principles, but sadly if he wants to play in the NFL, he will have to conform. He shouldn't have to, but he will have to. I applaud him if he wants to stick to his principles but I also hope he realizes it means he most likely won't play in the NFL.

Dominic Foxworth and my tv sports crush, Mina Kimes, say it better than I can.

Kinda agree with you there in that he needed to show a more 'team oriented, not about me' type attitude and fell well short of it. Wouldn't even be about putting his principles to the side, just putting out the message he plans on being a team player and a non-divisive player. Still can fight any fight he feels the need to on his own time.

Seeing more BS post tryout though. What's up with these teams who say they would have liked to seen his tryout but the change of venue prohibited them? For one thing an unedited video of that tryout was sent to each team along with his contact info. For another, he's still a free agent, any team can still call him in for an interview and/or another tryout just for them. This is the kind of nonsense that still makes it look like a bad political game the NFL is playing.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The problem is that all these issues could have been rectified earlier in the week. Have your lawyer talk with the NFL about changing the language in the liability waiver. All this could have been fixed or tried to be fixed behind the scene.

Getting a signature on that agreement blew up, of course. Kaepernick’s lawyers and agent received the first draft of the waiver on Wednesday and had dissected the potential impacts of it by Friday. By that point, the NFL knew it was unlikely Kaepernick was going to sign it. In the final hours before the workout, the league’s lawyers delivered the only message that mattered: The NFL would accept only its version of the waiver, refusing any edits from Kaepernick’s legal camp. That made sense, considering the NFL hired lawyers to perfectly craft the document for broad protections. It simply wasn’t going to allow anything to be changed at that stage. Especially when the alternative is Kaepernick pulling the plug on the workout — which can be spun in favor of the NFL easily.

Again this was all a sham. The NFL orchestrated the timeline to ensure there was very little time to negotiate anything and they refused to accept any edits. So no it couldn't be rectified earlier in the week because the NFL never wanted it rectified. The only options were workout while absolving the NFL of all future liability or don't and the NFL would spin it as Kap being a diva.

There have been several lawyers that have said if Kap's lawyers allowed him to sign it that they would be committing malpractice. The reality is the NFL's lawyers are no less bright so the only logical conclusion is they knew the letter was going to be a problem before they sent it which means they never intended to negotiate in good faith. From the start this workout would only ever happen if Kap basically signed all his rights away for nothing more than workout.

I am not sure why people expect Kap to humble himself before an org literally trying to fuck him in the ass with no vaseline by pretending they are operating on the up and up when they clearly are not.

LetsGo34

Liked Posts:
Nobody wants to date a 5 who bitches like a 9, the payoff is not worth the headache. Kaepernick and his cheerleaders on this board are delusional about his current value. He's damaged goods and not a good investment as he has shown the willingness to blow up his career at any given moment.

robovike

Liked Posts:
Umm I already answered your question and then asked you my own. Are you just going to dodge?

You claimed the waiver was standard. It was not. Why did the NFL change the standard workout waiver?
first of all mahomes sucks look at last game... hes getting trubisky happy feet

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Ok, so that is where we fundamentally disagree.

Why would a team take illegal orders from the NFL and intentionally not sign a QB that they were so sure could help them win? What would that team benefit from?

Answer this, if this was Mahomes, you think the teams would listen to the NFL?

Umm I already answered your question and then asked you my own. Are you just going to dodge?

You claimed the waiver was standard. It was not. Why did the NFL change the standard workout waiver?

first of all mahomes sucks look at last game... hes getting trubisky happy feet

What? I know u aren't questioning Mahomes' viability as a Qb

Last edited:

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I think it proves he isn't a bitch. If in your world you feel being a bitch should be a prerequisite for getting to play in the NFL then do you.

I accept that there is a possibility that it wasn't collusion. I just think that possibility is not as likely as the possibility there was collusion. What I challenge is these apparent definitive statements that he can't play anymore or that there was no collusion. There is a clear reason why the NFL wanted to avoid NFL owners' depositions becoming public and discovery. I don't think that reason was altruistic.

I think he has a desire to play. I just don't think he feels he should have to debase himself to do so. He is not some criminal looking for a second chance.

Finally, I think the fact there are people out there that care more about the flag than they do the women and children being beat up by NFL players they cheer on Sunday says more about the society we live in than it does about Kap. The so called distraction and lost revenue is not because of Kap. It is because of the moral decay of football fans that would chose not to watch football because Kap knelt while gladly cheering Kareem Hunt or Ty Hill or Brandon Marshall. Jeff Walton just got cut for repeatedly bashing his pregnant girlfriend's head into the wall. If he had Kap's level of ability, rest assured that after some time frame of punishment, someone would sign him and most fans would welcome him. I suspect that thought is part of the reason Kap is not going to debase himself like you want.
To your last point, yes there are lot of stupid people out there that get offended at stupid shit people do. Kinda like when Home Goods or whatever store it was that was selling black pumpkins had to take them off the shelves because people got offended. Just one example. And then the store has to apologize for literally doing nothing wrong while they lose revenue.

Hate to say it though, but if Kaepernick does want to play again, he is going to have to be that bitch. And let's be honest, there is no shame in it. We all have to be the bitch to some degree in our jobs.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Can’t people not like him for reasons other than his race? My brother has a friend who is black and I hate him. Doesn’t make me racist bc I hate him for other reasons(like he’s a fn asshole). White people are always assumed racist. Especially wealthy ones.

Despite systems, personnel, skills etc if I was an owner of ANY team I wouldn’t touch him because of everything that comes along with it. It’s just not worth it.

Damned if you do/Damned if you don’t?
I’d go with damned if you don’t.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Within hours of the Kaepernick team's departure from Drew, the NFL distributed to various media contacts a flurry of documents that seemed designed to promote the position that Kaepernick's gamesmanship killed the deal. The league office sent a copy of Wednesday's waiver form, which named Philbin but not Jackson, the standard rookie waiver from the NFL combine and, most disturbing to the Kaepernick team, Kaepernick's signed 2011 rookie waiver from his combine year. The purpose was to show that the documents were not only similar in nature, unworthy of being deal breakers, but contracts Kaepernick already had signed.

It was an approach, NFLPA sources say, that reflected the NFL's belief that its enormous media advantage could muscle Kaepernick into a disadvantageous public position. In actuality, the documents in several ways strengthened the Kaepernick team's weeklong grievance that the negotiation needed to be private. The workout waiver was different from a combine waiver because the latter waived rights for a finite period of time, while the former forfeited Kaepernick's rights to sue against a collusive act in perpetuity.

Moreover, the traditional combine waiver is designed to address prospective professionals not actively in the NFL, not veteran quarterbacks who have a contentious relationship and history of litigation with the league.
The league, a Players Coalition source says, didn't appreciate the history of the two sides, and instead of treating the waiver negotiations as occurring between equals, took the reductive position that Kaepernick was just another player.

The waiver Kaepernick signed Feb. 24, 2011, occurred during the NFL lockout, and its conditions no longer exist. The new labor agreement was signed in July 2011, and as part of the negotiation, the waiver form Kaepernick signed eight years ago was dissolved, replaced by a shorter, simpler form. Furthermore, from the Kaepernick team's perspective, releasing information from Kaepernick's record exposed the NFL to a lawsuit for violation of the league's personnel records policy. That the NFL sent out these documents to media confirmed for the Kaepernick team what it feared all along: The NFL was more interested in winning the public relations battle.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28139355/why-colin-kaepernick-nfl-were-never-going-work-out

Pretty good read on the whole affair.

Last edited: