Bears OL in flux.

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
"To me, I'm glad that Lucas can play multiple positions on the offensive line but I believe Sam Mustipher is a center. I think that's the position that he's born and bred to play."

-Former Bears guard Tom Thayer on WSCR AM-670

Mustipher had relatively low Pro Football Focus blocking grades, but not a great deal lower than the grade Patrick had last year with Green Bay while playing center with a 57.5 grade and Mustipher 36th with a 51.8.

I can see Cody Whitehair as LG, Mustipher C, and Lucas Patrick RG..

Thoughts?

Dumpster Fire

Liked Posts:
The collective thoughts of this message board will be "fuck Mustipher."

Keep Mustard Fur as a backup but if he's a starter week one, yikes.

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Center and LT are the two most important positions on the Line, you can get by with average play from the rest. And chemistry brings it all together to make them a top Line.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
All I know is that I saw Mustipher get handled a lot last year. Pressure straight up the middle is worse than edge pressure, so I don't want him back there.
If Mustipher is only a center, and he struggled last year, unless things changed this offseason and he has gained strength, perhaps he needs to go and let Whitehair be the backup Center.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I can see Cody Whitehair as LG, Mustipher C, and Lucas Patrick RG..

Thoughts?
Insert worst gratuitous vomiting GIF I can find!
Straight up, fuck Mustipher.

That guy doesn’t need to be anywhere near an offensive line. Instead, he should apply to work in the subway as a turnstile or at an MMA gym as a soft grappling dummy.

Fuck him.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thoughts?

The OL is a scary void of unproven talent where somehow Cody Whitehair became the best thing it had going.

At this point, I have absolutely no idea how it's going to end up with the season opener less than 60 days away.

I am trying to stay optimistic, but I imagine it's gonna be a brutal start for whomever the Final Five end up being.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
One of these decades they'll get it right..

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
They need to bring this shit together fast. Cohesiveness is the most important part especially when the entire line is below league starter standards(besides whitehair)

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The OL is a scary void of unproven talent where somehow Cody Whitehair became the best thing it had going.

At this point, I have absolutely no idea how it's going to end up with the season opener less than 60 days away.

I am trying to stay optimistic, but I imagine it's gonna be a brutal start for whomever the Final Five end up being.
At least this situation and new O will make the preseason somewhat interesting. Just hope they can keep Fields upright for the 1st 4 games and develop some sort of cohesion.