Bears OL Ranked #11

Liked Posts:
By ESPN - Poles for exec of year if this materializes

11. Chicago Bears

Projected starters: Riley Reiff, Cody Whitehair, Lucas Patrick, Michael Schofield III, Larry Borom

Predicted pass block rank: No. 13
Predicted run block rank: No. 11

This is a pretty stunning rank for the Bears' offensive line, but they have a few things going for them. Reiff and Schofield -- late additions just before training camp -- help bolster the line. Borom, a fifth-round pick a year ago, posted a very solid 90% PBWR last season in 10 games, 21st among tackles. And Patrick should be an asset in the ground game after ranking third in RBWR among centers last season with the Packers.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Odds are if Jones gets the nod, this rank goes down. Crazy thought, Jenkins fights to be RG and wins?

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Odds are if Jones gets the nod, this rank goes down. Crazy thought, Jenkins fights to be RG and wins?
Yes, this is a crazy thought considering he isn't even suiting up and looks like he is going to be traded.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Would be funny if after months and months of so many of you guys crying about how Poles didn't do ANYTHING to fix the line, they were middle of the pack this year.

Like I've said all along, maybe we should wait until they start playing some games before we panic??

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Would be funny if after months and months of so many of you guys crying about how Poles didn't do ANYTHING to fix the line, they were middle of the pack this year.

Like I've said all along, maybe we should wait until they start playing some games before we panic??
So if the bears offense lacks weapons and the OL sucks are you going to run into a hole and hide?

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

At this point Poles has earned the benefit of the doubt from me. He showed a lot of patience, avoiding rash spending and taking a deliberate approach.

There’s a lot of work for the coaches to put it all together, but the resources are there to develop. I like that there’s steady vets to solidify the line and rookies ready to compete for playing time.

It’ll be interesting to see how this shakes out in preseason.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So if the bears offense lacks weapons and the OL sucks are you going to run into a hole and hide?
I don’t think he’s the hiding type tbh. When he was otherworldly wrong about Mitch he was still here posting. But if you mention how someone he supported failed, he’ll tell you to get a life and move on. Just your average homer who always thinks the next guy is up the right guy and he isn’t then there’s no point dwelling on the past. Time to hype the next guy.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At this point Poles has earned the benefit of the doubt from me. He showed a lot of patience, avoiding rash spending and taking a deliberate approach.

There’s a lot of work for the coaches to put it all together, but the resources are there to develop. I like that there’s steady vets to solidify the line and rookies ready to compete for playing time.

It’ll be interesting to see how this shakes out in preseason.
I'm actually kind of excited to watch the pre-season games. Said the starters may play a bit.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
By ESPN - Poles for exec of year if this materializes

11. Chicago Bears

Projected starters: Riley Reiff, Cody Whitehair, Lucas Patrick, Michael Schofield III, Larry Borom

Predicted pass block rank: No. 13
Predicted run block rank: No. 11

This is a pretty stunning rank for the Bears' offensive line, but they have a few things going for them. Reiff and Schofield -- late additions just before training camp -- help bolster the line. Borom, a fifth-round pick a year ago, posted a very solid 90% PBWR last season in 10 games, 21st among tackles. And Patrick should be an asset in the ground game after ranking third in RBWR among centers last season with the Packers.
@nc0gnet0 / @remydat

FIGHT!

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

As long as those who’ve tried sticking up for poles admit they were wrong if the offense look like shit, I’m ok waiting. Problem is…

msadows

Liked Posts:
On paper...it looks solid.

But then you realize this is what our starting right guard looks like:

fvemnobwuae-2d5___27180016564.jpg

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

You’re taking half the fun away.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yeah hilarious. He didn’t do shit until about a week ago., around the time he saw what he had to work with and realized oh no.

mecha

Liked Posts:

I've been saying this for months now. people get pissed when I call it as such, but it's chicken little shit.

fucktards need lives.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

During OTAs, the offensive line was #32. After one week of training camp, the offensive line is #11. They are bound to be the #1 offensive line by the time the season opener comes along (green text).