Bears open as 3.5 favorites over the Lions

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Bears favored by 3.5, no total posted yet. I think this will be a tough game, certainly a lot tougher than when the Bears faced them at Soldier Field. I don't like the situation either... road game on a short week, right after a big emotional win. And I always bet on home divisional underdogs as a rule. It has upset written all over it, but I hope I'm wrong and the Bears crush them.

swz01

Liked Posts:
They will be pretty one dimensional with Johnson out. No excuses not to win.

Speed

Liked Posts:
Johnson out is huge. With that said we definitely have to be on our toes. They'll be confident after beating a Wildcard team(Albeit because Newton missed an open man), and they're gonna want to kick our ass after being embarrassed last week.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
I expect a full scale ass whoopin, being dished out by the Bears. As well as about 20 necessary comments on Matt Patricia's beard.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I expect a full scale ass whoopin, being dished out by the Bears. As well as about 20 necessary comments on Matt Patricia's beard.

But the posture will be perfect. Remember that.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Brutal turnaround and Bears getting showered with praise all of a sudden is not a great combo. This a game Mitch may have to win.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Johnson and most likely Marvin Jones again... Plus, no Golden Tate... Thank you Bob Quinn.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
A win by a single point on Thursday would be huge. To be honest, I'm already semi-counting it as a loss. 82 hours is not long enough to recover from a fucking football game.

If the Bears surprise me and play well and win, awesome.

kapooncha

Liked Posts:
A win by a single point on Thursday would be huge. To be honest, I'm already semi-counting it as a loss. 82 hours is not long enough to recover from a fucking football game.

If the Bears surprise me and play well and win, awesome.

I mean it's not as if Detroit is coming off a bye week. They do have the home field advantage but Minnesota to Detroit isn't exactly a brutal travel schedule.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I mean it's not as if Detroit is coming off a bye week. They do have the home field advantage but Minnesota to Detroit isn't exactly a brutal travel schedule.

Lions are staying at home and have a several-hours head start on rest time on the Bears.

I'm not saying it's necessarily a done deal. But let's not pretend this isn't a huge disadvantage for the Bears. That's not enough time to recover.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Lions are staying at home and have a several-hours head start on rest time on the Bears.

I'm not saying it's necessarily a done deal. But let's not pretend this isn't a huge disadvantage for the Bears. That's not enough time to recover.

I was listening to Olin on the 670 postgame and he said the team is young and should be good to go. He thinks Nagy will have them ready to play.

kapooncha

Liked Posts:

So Bears had 82 hours roughly and Lions had 88 roughly. 88 is enough but 82 isn't? Not really following you on that one. Although I did acknowledge that Detroit is staying home which is an advantage. I just don't think it's as massive as some are going to make it out to be.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I was listening to Olin on the 670 postgame and he said the team is young and should be good to go. He thinks Nagy will have them ready to play.

I don't doubt their mental toughness, just the physical toll. If folks disagree, that's fine---I'll agree to disagree. Hope they play well and win.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
So Bears had 82 hours roughly and Lions had 88 roughly. 88 is enough but 82 isn't? Not really following you on that one. Although I did acknowledge that Detroit is staying home which is an advantage. I just don't think it's as massive as some are going to make it out to be.

It's more like 7+ extra hours, and yes, when the timeframe is just a few days, one team has to travel and the other doesn't, that absolutely can make a difference.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
It's more like 7+ extra hours, and yes, when the timeframe is just a few days, one team has to travel and the other doesn't, that absolutely can make a difference.

I'm guessing a chartered flight from Chicago to Detroit takes less time than my daily morning commute.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Lions fans say we haven't won anything yet...lol.

Well, that's actually just one fan. And he isn't even liked on their own MB...

Woods

Chicago Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
I just wanted the Bears to at least go 1-1 between these two games. A loss in Detroit wont be the end of the world.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What's with all the debbie downers? If the Bears truly are a good team that is going to compete in the NFC, this is a win. Even if the offense comes out flat, our D should show up and hold the Lions in check.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Detroit just won against Carolina, though...WTF is Ron Rivera doing?

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
3.5 sounds about right to me, but I won't be worried if the Lions win it at home as long as the Bears stay healthy. The Giants game feels like more of a trap at this point.

I just really really want them to beat the Packers next month.