Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
not his first year
Just a giggle. It was just a lob and he may not even have been doing more than completing the call. I do recall Mitch getting shit even before OTAs for not knowing what a hard count was (run and shoot and some others) and that's not unusual for college QBs.

Last edited:

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just a giggle. It was just a lob and he may not even have been doing more than completing the call.
yeah, it was bad. unless he was told to try a back shoulder

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
yeah, it was bad. unless he was told to try a back shoulder
Disclosure: this is not directed at you

I think it is amusing how many people are dissecting and justifying a throw in no pads with no defenders and you can tell no urgency from anyone.

It wasn't a good throw, but I don't care until it is game speed with defenders

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Btw if Dalton keeps sucking and fields playing well, it's going to be real hard for Nagy to tell the rest of the team Dalton is starting

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can someone smarter than me tell me justin fields doesn’t underthrow a lot of deep balls…even if ever so slightly. Going back to college as well obviously since we haven’t seen much otherwise

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Btw if Dalton keeps sucking and fields playing well, it's going to be real hard for Nagy to tell the rest of the team Dalton is starting

Fields tearing shit up and outplaying everyone and showing command of the system is literally what Nagy means when he keeps saying, "Fields will show us when he is ready, or "everyone will know when it is time"

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats

I think it is amusing how many people are dissecting and justifying a throw in no pads with no defenders and you can tell no urgency from anyone.

True true. It may also be that Fields hasn't thrown enough passes to him to get the timing down. That's what practice is for, right?

Can't wait to see him in preseason. I have a feeling (which may be this Bears KoolAid I'm drinking) that Fields is going to prove the Jets and Niners were foolish for passing on him.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
True true. It may also be that Fields hasn't thrown enough passes to him to get the timing down. That's what practice is for, right?

Can't wait to see him in preseason. I have a feeling (which may be this Bears KoolAid I'm drinking) that Fields is going to prove the Jets and Niners were foolish for passing on him.
I think Nagy is going to try to shield Dalton from criticism in preseason by not playing him (I know technically he always does that with his starters, but feel he'll also be saving him some as well)

I cant wait to watch fields play. I need to temper my expectations, but I'm definitely excited.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Can someone smarter than me tell me justin fields doesn’t underthrow a lot of deep balls…even if ever so slightly. Going back to college as well obviously since we haven’t seen much otherwise
Something i've noticed as well.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I think Nagy is going to try to shield Dalton from criticism in preseason by not playing him (I know technically he always does that with his starters, but feel he'll also be saving him some as well)

I cant wait to watch fields play. I need to temper my expectations, but I'm definitely excited.
I'm not sure why he'd want to shield Dalton. He's got a grace period this year to get Fields up to NFL speed. No amount of criticism of Dalton will change that.

The first time Fields connects on a deep pass I will squeal like a pig and do a happy dance. It will not be a good dance, but I shall make it up with an extraordinary amount of happiness. I hope his first attempt in preseason is a play action rollout with a deep shot to Mooney, just to show off

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure why he'd want to shield Dalton. He's got a grace period this year to get Fields up to NFL speed. No amount of criticism of Dalton will change that.

The first time Fields connects on a deep pass I will squeal like a pig and do a happy dance. It will not be a good dance, but I shall make it up with an extraordinary amount of happiness. I hope his first attempt in preseason is a play action rollout with a deep shot to Mooney, just to show off
I just think he'll want to shield any criticism of Dalton as much as he can until regular season because he knows the calls for fields from fans and media are going to grow loud quick

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Honestly, nobody fucking cares and you're making more of it than anyone else has. Amazing how a giggle becomes serious business.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I just think he'll want to shield any criticism of Dalton as much as he can until regular season because he knows the calls for fields from fans and media are going to grow loud quick
I hear your point. This isn't directed at you just saying my general frustration...

Why the hell would a coach give in to pressure from fans and the media? It's the medias job to "create" news stories to talk about and fans don't know shit. It's not like he's going to lose his job, fans are still going to fill the stadium... He'd be a weak man to change QBs because some talking heads get to talking.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How? When has he criticized players or stopped anyone else from doing so.

Fields is pushing to start and he may just pull it off.

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have a feeling (which may be this Bears KoolAid I'm drinking) that Fields is going to prove the Jets and Niners were foolish for passing on him.
I'm sure he wants to make them feel like we all felt when we could have had Mahomes or Watson.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Now? When has he criticized players or stopped anyone else from doing so.

Fields is pushing to start and he may just pull it off.
I agree with the last sentence. Not sure what you mean in your first sentence. He's never criticized his players.