Bears outlook 2023

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
My feelings for Justin Fields aside, this team is shaping up to be a mess in 2023 as well.

I don't see how Poles is even going to manage to cobble together enough players to compete to win games in 2023.

The Bears need to replace their entire front seven on defense, and that's just for starters.

They need to replace all of their receivers but two of them.

They'll need to add another RB in the draft or free agency.

They'll need to find at least two offensive line starters likely both OT spots. Although I suppose Poles' ego won't let him give up on Braxton Jones just yet. Lucas Patrick will be coming back from injury Whitehair another year older.

Jack Sanborn is a good backup but he's a two-down linebacker at best, very Nick Kwiatkowski like.

I guess put stock in how many close games the Bears have lost this year.

OliverTwistCone

Liked Posts:
Dude.....this place is so bad now. With this clown and the other shitty "content providers " along with the fact that there are like 7 real people here and the other 10 have like 4 alts apiece, this is just insufferable

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Dude.....this place is so bad now. With this clown and the other shitty "content providers " along with the fact that there are like 7 real people here and the other 10 have like 4 alts apiece, this is just insufferable
I'm a real boy (with only 4 alts)

Also I'm a huge OG @JordanSigler stan.

I agree that this place is insufferable tho

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:

Great Content.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My feelings for Justin Fields aside, this team is shaping up to be a mess in 2023 as well.

I don't see how Poles is even going to manage to cobble together enough players to compete to win games in 2023.

The Bears need to replace their entire front seven on defense, and that's just for starters.

They need to replace all of their receivers but two of them.

They'll need to add another RB in the draft or free agency.

They'll need to find at least two offensive line starters likely both OT spots. Although I suppose Poles' ego won't let him give up on Braxton Jones just yet. Lucas Patrick will be coming back from injury Whitehair another year older.

Jack Sanborn is a good backup but he's a two-down linebacker at best, very Nick Kwiatkowski like.

I guess put stock in how many close games the Bears have lost this year.
Bears can sign plenty of UDFAs.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like one person actually addressed the post. He's not wrong. Pace screwed this team so bad we're probably going to need a couple of drafts to fix it....and then Fields will be looking for $40 - $45M a year soon after.

Then factor in the Bears long standing tradition of 1st round busts...

Last edited:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Fields has carried this talent challenged roster on his back and had them in every game this season. Yes, they were in the Dallas game.

There’s a ton of work to do, but Poles will have the resources to do some heavy lifting this off-season. Look around the NFL and tell me about all the juggernauts they’ll need to overcome.

They’ll play the AFC West, NFC South and most likely a last place schedule. They can easily be in the playoff hunt next year.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Like one person actually addressed the post. He's not wrong. Pace screwed this team so bad we're probably going to need a couple of drafts to fix it....and then Fields will be looking for $40 - $45M a year soon after.

Tell me how a new GM with a new Assistant GM and a newly modeled scouting staff has any relationship to what transpired in previous regimes?

Please don’t say they were hired by the McCaskey family so they’re doomed. That’s would be even too lazy for you so I’m taking it off the table. Bill Polian was the hiring consultant.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tell me how a new GM with a new Assistant GM and a newly modeled scouting staff has any relationship to what transpired in previous regimes?

Please don’t say they were hired by the McCaskey family so they’re doomed. That’s would be even too lazy for you so I’m taking it off the table. Bill Polian was the hiring consultant.
TIL the McCaskeys have nothing to do with decades of bad GMs and constantl failure of the franchise.

?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Fields has carried this talent challenged roster on his back and had them in every game this season. Yes, they were in the Dallas game.

There’s a ton of work to do, but Poles will have the resources to do some heavy lifting this off-season. Look around the NFL and tell me about all the juggernauts they’ll need to overcome.

They’ll play the AFC West, NFC South and most likely a last place schedule. They can easily be in the playoff hunt next year.
Hopefully he'll do a better job shopping out of the tier 2 and 3 type free agents, which he did lousy at last offseason, and hit big in the tier 1 and top of tier 2 type free agents next offseason.

Liked Posts:

You idiots are contradicting yourselves into submission.

Fields sucks but he’s gonna command $45M. This roster sucks, look how many close games they’ve lost, because Fields couldn’t win the games even though the roster will take years to rebuild.

You can’t have your cake and eat it too pumpkin. Pick a side or fuck off.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
As bad as they are now, they've pretty much been in every game. You don't need to have Pro-Bowl talent in every player, just need a few difference makers.

Also, people claiming because things happened one way in the past, they simply have to continue happening in the future are fucking morons.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
The desperation from the trolls makes me really, really happy. Please tell me next about how Rodgers is going to be MVP next year!