Bears Part Ways with Sitton

Joliet Jake

Liked Posts:
Kind of surprising. But Hiestand I'm sure had input so that gives me solace.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
New coach wants new toys. Get rid of Glennon, McPhee, Young, Simms, Massie, Wheaton, Demps and Cooper and you have 100 million in cap space. I suspect that is more appealing to a new coach than keeping vets at high cap numbers that aren't true difference makers. Get younger, cheaper and better hopefully while getting guys that you consider to truly fit what you want to do.

Sitton was still good but I suspect given his age, risk of future injury and likely reduced mobility, he was not a great fit for an up tempo offense where the guards are expected to be on the move a lot.

D.J. Moore

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Damb it, my phone says "Bears declining to pick up Josh Sitton's contract option for 2018." but I read ""Bears deciding to pick up Josh Sitton's contract option for 2018."

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Why would you paint yourself into a corner by releasing Sitton. I just don't get it.

I think it really depends on when the 8 million came into play. Was it guaranteed at some point etc. If it wasn't I would agree with you at least until after the draft and FA

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
Cutting ways with old oft injured players seems like a good FA strategy.

Quenton Nelson is a monster. I’d be stoked with him at 8.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If that means we can lock up Kyle Fuller and Eddie Goldman on long term contracts I'm happy.

Luke

Liked Posts:
https://www.windycitygridiron.com/2018/2/16/17020696/chicago-bears-andrew-norwell-zach-fulton-cody-whitehair-free-agency-preview-offensive-line-nfl-2018

Norwell?! Fulton?! Does Pace go shopping in FA for an upgrade on Josh with Andrew Norwell....he's younger and quite good...but do we risk getting into a bidding war and opting out without securing Josh's replacement. That would put an awful lot of pressure on our No.#8 Draft Pick....

Pass the popcorn.....this is getting interesting.

I would think Fulton would be a distinct possibility considering Nagy knows him so well.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Cutting ways with old oft injured players seems like a good FA strategy.

Quenton Nelson is a monster. I’d be stoked with him at 8.

Sitton is NOT oft injured... or do you mean Long lol?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Zach Fulton's market value is set at 4 years 28 million and if he's not a lock or Bears really like Kush Bears are idiots.

Image%20uploaded%20from%20iOS%20(10).jpg

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I’ll say this about Pace, he was very willing to overpay for insurance on the QB position last offseason, but puts himself in a position of no depth and no insurance at the OG position, you know, the position that protects the QB... I hope he has something good planned in the next few months.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I don't understand the move but there must be a part two coming. Drafting Nelson is a plan I can get behind.