Bears preparing to change scheme?

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Please refrain from using personal insults against me.

It is listed in the forum code of conduct, if you actually took the time to read it.

You're too busy trolling, otherwise.

Grow the fuck up. The mods know who the trash is on here. It would be better for everyone if they just outright banned you all.
giphy.gif

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I think the answer is they are not changing the scheme, but acquiring personnel that would fit a variety of schemes if they decide to make a coaching change.

Virtually any team can use a traditional tight end like Kmet, and Graham (the guy specifically for Nagy's scheme) is just on a 2 year deal.

This is probably Nagy's last chance to prove he can run a legit NFL offense unless he limps into the playoffs with a great defense and they just can't bear the idea of firing a coach who made the playoffs 2 of his 3 seasons.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Jimmy, while an old bag of bones, has combined to be a top 10 TE in receptions and yards over the last two years. This is also in an offense where he wasn't really schemed as a primary option.

Don't expect miracles, but he's far from "done". His athleticism took a major hit, but I 100% expect he can get about 500-600 yards this season. If kmet can get about 300-350, then we actually got something at the TE spot.

There are rookie 2nd round WR’s coming out and putting up 1k yards. I think your numbers are accurate, but you’re saying that between the 2 we can hope for less than 1k yards ?

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Jimmy, while an old bag of bones, has combined to be a top 10 TE in receptions and yards over the last two years. This is also in an offense where he wasn't really schemed as a primary option.

Don't expect miracles, but he's far from "done". His athleticism took a major hit, but I 100% expect he can get about 500-600 yards this season. If kmet can get about 300-350, then we actually got something at the TE spot.

Jimmy Graham is done, he is nothing more than a redzone threat. It was a bad free agent move by Pace.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Jimmy Graham is done, he is nothing more than a redzone threat. It was a bad free agent move by Pace.

Except...the post you just quoted says he accumulated top 10 stats the last two years combined.

He is more than capable of posting 500 yards this season.

Maybe if you actually watched football....but nah, too busy looking for Gif's to personally insult people on a forum.

The packers didn't use him effectively. He's a shadow of his former self, but he can still be a reliable target.

Please lists all the great FA TE's we could have signed. I'll be waiting.

msadows

Liked Posts:
There are rookie 2nd round WR’s coming out and putting up 1k yards. I think your numbers are accurate, but you’re saying that between the 2 we can hope for less than 1k yards ?

That's WR's tho. Only 3 TE's posted more than 1000 yards last season. Only 10 posted greater than 600 yards. I think 500 is a realistic # for Jimmy, considering its about what he averaged the last two years combined w/ the packers who don't utilize the TE as much as we do here.

Finding a good TE in this league is hard, few teams have two, shit, some don't even have one.

I didn't like the Graham signing at first, but there is zero way to go into this season without having a proven and reliable threat at the position. Jimmy G at the worst will peel off coverage from anthony miller and Arob, which is basically what he did in greenbay for Adams. Even with his old man body today he still gets double teamed a lot.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Except...the post you just quoted says he accumulated top 10 stats the last two years combined.

He is more than capable of posting 500 yards this season.

Maybe if you actually watched football....but nah, too busy looking for Gif's to personally insult people on a forum.

The packers didn't use him effectively. He's a shadow of his former self, but he can still be a reliable target.

Please lists all the great FA TE's we could have signed. I'll be waiting.

You literally just admitted that he is done.

And being a top 10 TE in the league is not some incredible feat. Hunter Henry was a top 10 TE last year and he played in 12 games. Dallas Goedert was a top 10 TE last year and he isn't even the best TE on his team. You want to say the Packers didn't use him effectively but that was a team that passed 560+ times. So who were all those targets going to? Outside of Adams who are the WR's that are even worth a damn? MVS? Lazard? Allison?

On a GB team you say did not use him effectively he was still the 3rd most targeted receiving option, was 4th in receptions (behind 2 RB's), and was 5th in yards. You would think with the receiving options on that team he would have mustered up more than 447 yards.

He is done, Pace paid $8M/year to a TE who will mainly be a redzone target for an offense that was 24th in Red Zone Attempts. He is a 34 year old TE on a decline, playing for an offense that has trouble scoring with an inaccurate QB. But hey let's just blindly say he is serviceable because there were no options.

Both Hooper and Ebron were available. But if given the option of signing Graham or no TE, give me no TE. Pace could have waited until after the draft to make a decision on a free agent TE if needed. No other team was going to be dumb enough to sign Graham.

Keep throwing back those wine coolers thinking you know what you are talking about.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I've thought this for a while. Pace grabbed Burton to pair with Shaheen thinking they would make a nice U/Y tandem and both failed hard. He's now trying to get that combo again with Graham/Kmet. It's why we went for the best TE in the draft instead of the 7th or 8th best wide receiver.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This has always been the plan.

His work, from a personnel stand point, has been pretty pathetic at TE and it has not allowed them to do it. I am hoping the talent and durability issues have been alleviated and we can see what the offense, at least schematically, is suppose to look like.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I've thought this for a while. Pace grabbed Burton to pair with Shaheen thinking they would make a nice U/Y tandem and both failed hard. He's now trying to get that combo again with Graham/Kmet. It's why we went for the best TE in the draft instead of the 7th or 8th best wide receiver.

Exactly. Virtually every team needs a Y unless you were Mike Martz in the early 2000s and just ran 5 WR sets.

People are overthinking Kmet because he had some knocks on his blocking and they thought he is just a receiving TE. That is not the plan for him at all. They are going to develop him as a traditional TE.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
How long do we give Nagy the Mitch excuse?

His offense isn’t going to magically work when given 2 TE’s. Sure, I completely agree that personnel is a problem, but the larger problem is Nagy himself. Not Mitch. Not the lack of an o line. Not the lack of 2 TE’s.

Nagy is the problem. He’s too stubborn to do what could work or even what HAS worked (using the information even just occasionally), and he’s too stubborn to stop trying to force his gimmick shit.

msadows

Liked Posts:
You literally just admitted that he is done.

And being a top 10 TE in the league is not some incredible feat. Hunter Henry was a top 10 TE last year and he played in 12 games. Dallas Goedert was a top 10 TE last year and he isn't even the best TE on his team. You want to say the Packers didn't use him effectively but that was a team that passed 560+ times. So who were all those targets going to? Outside of Adams who are the WR's that are even worth a damn? MVS? Lazard? Allison?

On a GB team you say did not use him effectively he was still the 3rd most targeted receiving option, was 4th in receptions (behind 2 RB's), and was 5th in yards. You would think with the receiving options on that team he would have mustered up more than 447 yards.

He is done, Pace paid $8M/year to a TE who will mainly be a redzone target for an offense that was 24th in Red Zone Attempts. He is a 34 year old TE on a decline, playing for an offense that has trouble scoring with an inaccurate QB. But hey let's just blindly say he is serviceable because there were no options.

Both Hooper and Ebron were available. But if given the option of signing Graham or no TE, give me no TE. Pace could have waited until after the draft to make a decision on a free agent TE if needed. No other team was going to be dumb enough to sign Graham.

Keep throwing back those wine coolers thinking you know what you are talking about.

No, I said he is a shadow of his former self. You know...one of the best TE's the NFL has ever seen. That doesn't mean he can't be serviceable. Which...is lightyears better than what we got from the position last year.

I rewatched multiple packers games on gamepass to see how graham was used versus his years in SEA/NO. They didn't use him as a primary option often. He was used usually on seam's or rubs to pull defenders off adams or whatever other trash WR they decided to line up outside. More often than not he sucked up the safety AND the corner, leaving adams/trash single covered. If he didn't get doubled, rodgers would go to him. Pretty simple foozball.

We tried to get hooper. He cost too much. Ebron was injury prone, he just had surgery on both ankles(Why would we sign another injury prone TE?), and outside his TD count his stats have been very comparable to Jimmy G. Outside of that there was no one. The corpse of Eifert or an even older corpse in Delanie Walker.

Yes, we should have signed no TE, in a TE heavy scheme. Makes sense.

BTW, please stop personally attacking me. I've mentioned it multiple times to you. It's against the code of conduct. You're just being an asshole at this point.

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:

His offense isn’t going to magically work when given 2 TE’s. Sure, I completely agree that personnel is a problem, but the larger problem is Nagy himself. Not Mitch. Not the lack of an o line. Not the lack of 2 TE’s.

Nagy is the problem. He’s too stubborn to do what could work or even what HAS worked (using the information even just occasionally), and he’s too stubborn to stop trying to force his gimmick shit.

Nagy is a major problem. Mitch is a major problem.

The oline, imo, is by far the biggest problem.

Gamepass is free right now. I recommend anyone who has free time to go watch the chiefs game from this past year. Andy Reid knew exactly how to exploit this offense, and he did it well. The right side was complete utter trash and mitch was pressured on nearly every snap.

I do think nagy is a terrible playcaller, but that is to be expected. The guy had like 6 games of playcalling experience before coming to the bears. However, like you said, the fact that he isn't really learning from trial and error is concerning. His ego is far greater than his actual talent as an offensive mind is at this point of his career.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
No, I said he is a shadow of his former self. You know...one of the best TE's the NFL has ever seen. That doesn't mean he can't be serviceable. Which...is lightyears better than what we got from the position last year.

I rewatched multiple packers games on gamepass to see how graham was used versus his years in SEA/NO. They didn't use him as a primary option often. He was used usually on seam's or rubs to pull defenders off adams or whatever other trash WR they decided to line up outside. More often than not he sucked up the safety AND the corner, leaving adams/trash single covered. If he didn't get doubled, rodgers would go to him. Pretty simple foozball.

We tried to get hooper. He cost too much. Ebron was injury prone, he just had surgery on both ankles(Why would we sign another injury prone TE?), and outside his TD count his stats have been very comparable to Jimmy G. Outside of that there was no one. The corpse of Eifert or an even older corpse in Delanie Walker.

BTW, please stop personally attacking me. I've mentioned it multiple times to you. It's against the code of conduct. You're just being an asshole at this point.

these people attacking you are ridiculous! Ithas no place on this or any other sports forum.

I don’t get it and you and I probably never will. I guess try and ignore it but I understand it’s frustrating.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Nagy is in the crosshairs.

If he chooses to start Foles he is the only one in the crosshairs.

Madden

Liked Posts:
Nagy's gonna bring back the Run and Shoot offense

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
these people attacking you are ridiculous! Ithas no place on this or any other sports forum.

I don’t get it and you and I probably never will. I guess try and ignore it but I understand it’s frustrating.

It makes it pretty shitty when any time you come to post on CCS you have to deal with that certain crew of clowns that follow you around to comment on every post you make with some troll shit and you have them all disliking every post you make just for the hell of it. I had this issue with them a while back and finally put them all on ignore, but you shouldn't have to put multiple people on ignore is the problem. I haven't looked to see exactly what people they are but it's not hard to figure out that it's the same group of like 6-7 people that gang up on one certain poster and i'm sure the same ones that did it to me and have done it to others. You need to just put them on ignore like i did cause it's so much better posting on here when you don't have to read all the posts from that clown crew. If you don't then it's partly your fault cause they won't stop and if you decide to keep reading them then that's on you. I'm obviously talking to @msadows so sorry Klotty for doing this to your post.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Nagy's gonna bring back the Run and Shoot offense

Its what I do in Madden every time.

Imagine mitch having to do on the fly route adjustment reads tho.

LOL. He might throw 30 ints like Winston.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Saying someone is the shadow of his former self is not a compliment nor something any GM or Coach should try to sign to an $8M/year contract. When someone is a shadow of their former self that means they are being signed for past performance not future. Yes the Bears TE's were garbage...so was the QB and RB's. Getting 800ish yards from 2 TE's combined in a system that is a TE heavy scheme as you say is not something to strive for.

You rewatching Packers games doesn't say much either because you have proven to be pretty dumb, whether alcohol related or not. Maybe he wasn't used as a primary option because he is a shell of his former self? A pass catching TE who was "one of the best TE's the NFL has ever seen" getting 60ish targets with 38 receptions all while having one of the best QB's in the NFGL who isn't a shell of his former self is laughable.

The Bears drafted a TE with their first pick in the draft...Cmet was a target for Pace...he could have easily waited on signing a free agent TE when he couldn't sign Hooper or Ebron and see how the draft played out. Teams were not lining up to sign Graham, and there is a reason why. And an injury prone Ebron at 28 years old is still better and more productive than Graham at nearly 34.

Seriously stick to sipping White Claws and leave the football talk to those who know football.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

In Albert Breer’s latest at SI.com an anonymous AFC executive questions the Chicago Bears’ pick of Notre Dame tight end Cole Kmet, particularly after investing cash in free agent Jimmy Graham: “Maybe going to more 12 personnel with Nick Foles like they did in Philly?” the executive asks. “Run the ball, protect the ball and play good defense?”

Well … maybe?

Bears preparing to change scheme?
The thing I didn't get from the article is.....will it yield 3Td's per game. Are 'D' needs 21pts.