Bears Preseason Games to be Aired on NFL Network

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Every year I get excited for preseason just to see some football. Then by week 2 of it, I'm bored af and just want to see the regular season start. This year I think is gonna be different, as I'm hoping to see a healthy dose of Fields. Also Jenkins. And I REALLY can't wait for the overanalyzing of every single snap that is going to occur here.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Dalton plays more than 1 quarter each game I'll be pissed. I'm a bon-a-fide Justin junkie and I need my fix.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cool to hear this today.

Preseason is like watching a horror movie hoping nobody gets hurt. Every year there's dolts worried about the score & W/L.

Will the starting OL get tons of time to gel? and will the backup OL be good enough to not get Fields hurt?

Nevermind...Fields is plenty good enough to not get Fields hurt. Esp. w/ Leno & Massie gone. Should be a good watch even with vanilla calls.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cool to hear this today.

Preseason is like watching a horror movie hoping nobody gets hurt. Every year there's dolts worried about the score & W/L.

Will the starting OL get tons of time to gel? and will the backup OL be good enough to not get Fields hurt?

Nevermind...Fields is plenty good enough to not get Fields hurt. Esp. w/ Leno & Massie gone. Should be a good watch even with vanilla calls.
Fans drawing way to many conclusions from backups playing vanilla schemes. Should be fun though. I imagine Fields will have some big plays with backup WR speeder vets vs 2nd string DBs.

Board will go Ape shit when Dalton starts against the Rams.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Hulu is going to start carrying the NFL Network August 1st!!! No Doubt hoping to see Fields light it up.

I enjoy watching preseason, even though I know it can be fools gold both in a positive and negative. If we go 0-3 but get no starters hurt and lots of play time for the bubble and backup players, I'm a happy man.

On the opposite side of the coin going 3-0 means nothing either.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Nick foles might die if he has to play behind an OL full of guys about to get cut

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Hulu is going to start carrying the NFL Network August 1st!!! No Doubt hoping to see Fields light it up.

I enjoy watching preseason, even though I know it can be fools gold both in a positive and negative. If we go 0-3 but get no starters hurt and lots of play time for the bubble and backup players, I'm a happy man.

On the opposite side of the coin going 3-0 means nothing either.
thank god, early season thursday night football was so annoying on Hulu without NFLN

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If there were never preseason games again I would be ok with that.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Every year I get excited for preseason just to see some football. Then by week 2 of it, I'm bored af and just want to see the regular season start. This year I think is gonna be different, as I'm hoping to see a healthy dose of Fields. Also Jenkins. And I REALLY can't wait for the overanalyzing of every single snap that is going to occur here.
I'll be going to both games. Love the Saturday noon start for these games

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Plus, there's one less game too. This year has that added bonus of rooting for Fields to take Dalton's job as well.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If there were never preseason games again I would be ok with that.

Not me. It's where the fringe players get an opportunity to make a roster. Most don't, but there are a few who make careers from it. Also lets coaches decide those the winners of camp battles to start those last few spots.

I do agree it's a risk, but is reasonably limited. 3 vs. 4 or 5 is good. No pre-season really sucked for the UDFAs last year. CFL, Europe, or real jobs for the lot of em without a chance to shine. No-hit practices don't count the same.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
In Mitch I trust
In Foles I trust
In Dalton I trust

Can we try the guy with actual elite NFL talent that you gave up draft capital for? We’ve all seen the Mitch/Foles/Dalton shows.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not me. It's where the fringe players get an opportunity to make a roster. Most don't, but there are a few who make careers from it. Also lets coaches decide those the winners of camp battles to start those last few spots.

I do agree it's a risk, but is reasonably limited. 3 vs. 4 or 5 is good. No pre-season really sucked for the UDFAs last year. CFL, Europe, or real jobs for the lot of em without a chance to shine. No-hit practices don't count the same.
For the most part coaching staffs see what they need to in practice.

who always hear of bubble players playing well in preseason games and thinking they made the team. Only to hear a day or two later they are gone. The level of competition in preseason games is shit.

I suppose there is some value in running a game, but coaches have made up their minds on most of the players already.