Bears QB Mitch Trubisky out with shoulder injury, should be able to play with harness

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
By video, he suffered a dislocated left shoulder. It appears the shoulder may have self-reduced as he was helped up while avoiding use of the left arm

He was taken into the blue medical tent and then walked into the locker room for X-rays which should be negative.

The bone should be intact, but the labrum is likely torn.

Typically, this means surgery. But since it is Trubisky’s non-throwing shoulder, surgery can wait. He can play with a shoulder strap/harness. If it were his throwing shoulder his season would be done. (Blaine Gabbert similarly dislocated his non-throwing shoulder and was ultimately put on injured reserve by the Buccaneers.)

Even though he can play, an acute dislocation is quite painful and the risk of re-dislocation would be very high if he were to return Sunday. Indeed, Trubisky was ruled out today. He likely will miss the next week and possibly two. The Bears have put the rest of the game and likely more in Chase Daniel’s hands.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
So basically out for the London game and a long bye, with a chance to return at home against the Saints in three weeks, depending on pain tolerance.

Because of the balance and precision needed to play quarterback, I wonder if the harness would fuck with his throwing motion?

In any case, now’s where Daniel either steps in and does enough to win while riding the defense, or shows us why he’s a backup quarterback. Would suck to beat the Vikings only to then lose to the Raiders.

Hopefully Chase can use the same poise against the Raiders that he showed in the first half of this game against the Vikings.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Keep him out next week. Get him in after the bye against New Orleans

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
That early bye is gonna be helpful.

No way he travels to London...so he has at least three weeks to determine if he can play with it.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Probably not. I doubt Chase lights it up. There’s likely to be a game where the defense shits the bed and Chase needs to score points. We’ve seen that show before.

yeah, but if Daniel is efficient and Trubs comes back and struggles, I could see that weighing on his confidence

or not. football players need a healthy dose of delusional to be successful. hopefully Trubs has that.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
So basically out for the London game and a long bye, with a chance to return at home against the Saints in three weeks, depending on pain tolerance.

Because of the balance and precision needed to play quarterback, I wonder if the harness would fuck with his throwing motion?

In any case, now’s where Daniel either steps in and does enough to win while riding the defense, or shows us why he’s a backup quarterback. Would suck to beat the Vikings only to then lose to the Raiders.

Hopefully Chase can use the same poise against the Raiders that he showed in the first half of this game against the Vikings.
I worry that we won't beat the Raiders with Daniel at QB.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I would almost rather just play the Raiders in Oakland than in London. Bears fans travel so well to California anyway. Playing in London could through off the team.

Speed

Liked Posts:
I would almost rather just play the Raiders in Oakland than in London. Bears fans travel so well to California anyway. Playing in London could through off the team.

Bears are one of the most popular NFL teams in England, I wouldn't worry about the support.

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
By video, he suffered a dislocated left shoulder. It appears the shoulder may have self-reduced as he was helped up while avoiding use of the left arm

He was taken into the blue medical tent and then walked into the locker room for X-rays which should be negative.

The bone should be intact, but the labrum is likely torn.

Typically, this means surgery. But since it is Trubisky’s non-throwing shoulder, surgery can wait. He can play with a shoulder strap/harness. If it were his throwing shoulder his season would be done. (Blaine Gabbert similarly dislocated his non-throwing shoulder and was ultimately put on injured reserve by the Buccaneers.)

Even though he can play, an acute dislocation is quite painful and the risk of re-dislocation would be very high if he were to return Sunday. Indeed, Trubisky was ruled out today. He likely will miss the next week and possibly two. The Bears have put the rest of the game and likely more in Chase Daniel’s hands.

You mean Labia likely torn right