Bears ready to move on from fields?

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
Can we stop with the “generational talent” shit?

It’s used so often on here it’s become meaningless.
First off ignoring that is a literal perfect phrase to use for Fields are you some type of word/phrase sheriff? No, you aren't, so no, we can't.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
First off ignoring that is a literal perfect phrase to use for Fields are you some type of word/phrase sheriff? No, you aren't, so no, we can't.

No it’s not. Fields is not generational. Brady is generational. Rice was generational. LT. Reggie White. Butkus. Etc. (get the point?)

But go ahead and keep calling every talented player you like generational.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
No it’s not. Fields is not generational. Brady is generational. Rice was generational. LT. Reggie White. Butkus. Etc. (get the point?)

But go ahead and keep calling every talented player you like generational.
When's the last time you saw a QB with the running ability of Fields you absolute brain dead carcass of a poster. My fucking God you are stupid and my thoughts and prayers are not with you

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
When's the last time you saw a QB with the running ability of Fields you absolute brain dead carcass of a poster. My fucking God you are stupid and my thoughts and prayers are not with you

I mean the obvious answer is Lamar.

So because Fields is really great at one aspect of playing the position he’s generational?

I just don’t think you understand what generational means.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
I mean the obvious answer is Lamar.

So because Fields is really great at one aspect of playing the position he’s generational?

I just don’t think you understand what generational means.
His ability to run as a qb is a GENERATIONAL trait you fucking doofus. Not only do I not think you understand what generational means, based on your take here I'd have to assume you also don't understand football in any capacity. You know there are forums out there for like minded people who make ogres out of wood and jerk off to Japanese cartoons you could go argue about the word generational at. You don't have to stay here and pretend you have any idea what's going on.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
His ability to run as a qb is a GENERATIONAL trait you fucking doofus. Not only do I not think you understand what generational means, based on your take here I'd have to assume you also don't understand football in any capacity. You know there are forums out there for like minded people who make ogres out of wood and jerk off to Japanese cartoons you could go argue about the word generational at. You don't have to stay here and pretend you have any idea what's going on.

LOL.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
His ability to run as a qb is a GENERATIONAL trait you fucking doofus.
No it's not. Lamar Jackson is in the NFL, and Mike Vick wasn't that long ago. It's elite level, sure, but not generational.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
So you’re a Fields fan first?

I used to be a Texans fan for 20 years until they decided to become a religious cult pretending to be a football team. I watched so many bad QBs just waiting for a franchise QB. Then they got Watson. When they hired Bill O'Brien as GM and he immediately traded away Clowney for nothing - that was strike 1. Then they traded Hopkins away a year later for nothing - that was strike 2. When they finally fired O'Brien, I had hope again. Then they hired a team chaplain (who happens to give off legitimate cult vibes) to be the GM of the football team - that was strike 3. I waited until the end of the season just to see if maybe they would hire a real GM but no, they hired his best friend from New England. When Watson (before it was known about him being a sexual abuser) said he wanted a trade, I decided I was out too. I'd follow wherever Watson went. I had waited 2/3 of my life just for a competent QB, I wasn't going through that shit again without enjoying some fun football.

When the allegations about Watson came out, I stopped watching NFL football altogether for a season and only watched college. I loved watching Justin Fields and decided wherever he got drafted, that would be who I would support. So I'm a Bears fan now. If Fields fails but they put good players around him, I'll still be a Bears fan.

But so far, they've put him with a coach who didn't want him and no clue how to use him (Nagy) and then this year said go play with the worst receiving room in the NFL, the worst offensive line in the NFL and the worst defense in the NFL and try to make shit happen. If they move on from him after all that, then yeah, I'll go with him because they didn't even give him a chance to succeed. I saw him play in person, I've never believed in a college to pro QB more than him to be great (next closest was Watson though never saw him play in person). If he fails, I'll be supremely disappointed but such is life in the NFL. If they give him a fair shot and he sucks, then I'll be all for moving on.

Hope this novel answers your question, have a good one!

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I used to be a Texans fan for 20 years until they decided to become a religious cult pretending to be a football team. I watched so many bad QBs just waiting for a franchise QB. Then they got Watson. When they hired Bill O'Brien as GM and he immediately traded away Clowney for nothing - that was strike 1. Then they traded Hopkins away a year later for nothing - that was strike 2. When they finally fired O'Brien, I had hope again. Then they hired a team chaplain (who happens to give off legitimate cult vibes) to be the GM of the football team - that was strike 3. I waited until the end of the season just to see if maybe they would hire a real GM but no, they hired his best friend from New England. When Watson (before it was known about him being a sexual abuser) said he wanted a trade, I decided I was out too. I'd follow wherever Watson went. I had waited 2/3 of my life just for a competent QB, I wasn't going through that shit again without enjoying some fun football.

When the allegations about Watson came out, I stopped watching NFL football altogether for a season and only watched college. I loved watching Justin Fields and decided wherever he got drafted, that would be who I would support. So I'm a Bears fan now. If Fields fails but they put good players around him, I'll still be a Bears fan.

But so far, they've put him with a coach who didn't want him and no clue how to use him (Nagy) and then this year said go play with the worst receiving room in the NFL, the worst offensive line in the NFL and the worst defense in the NFL and try to make shit happen. If they move on from him after all that, then yeah, I'll go with him because they didn't even give him a chance to succeed. I saw him play in person, I've never believed in a college to pro QB more than him to be great (next closest was Watson though never saw him play in person). If he fails, I'll be supremely disappointed but such is life in the NFL. If they give him a fair shot and he sucks, then I'll be all for moving on.

Hope this novel answers your question, have a good one!

It does! Thanks! You too.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
No it's not. Lamar Jackson is in the NFL, and Mike Vick wasn't that long ago. It's elite level, sure, but not generational.
I just said very clearly he is better at running a football as a qb than Lamar Jackson. Didn't Vick play like 10 years ago? How many years do you quantify as a generation? I mean what are we even talking about anymore I feel like I'm on a episode of Punkd with you people. A generational prank show featuring Ashton Kutcher who was not a generational talent

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I just said very clearly he is better at running a football as a qb than Lamar Jackson. Didn't Vick play like 10 years ago? How many years do you quantify as a generation? I mean what are we even talking about anymore I feel like I'm on a episode of Punkd with you people. A generational prank show featuring Ashton Kutcher who was not a generational talent
If Fields is so much better than Lamar at running the ball then why is Fields chasing Lamar's record? It doesn't compute dude.

Cabbage King

Liked Posts:
The real question is, do they put up a statue of Justin Fields before or after he retires?

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
If Fields is so much better than Lamar at running the ball then why is Fields chasing Lamar's record? It doesn't compute dude.
You're right, a guy setting a seasonal record on one of the most highly regarded and consistently talented teams in the NFL is definitely the same as doing it with a bunch of Canadian league players on the Chicago fucking bears in less attempts. Do I have to draw you a fucking picture here? I mean WHAT?

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers

I'd argue the quality of teammates has to factor into it. Lamar's in an organization that actually puts good players around him and routinely has good players across the board. Fields has 2 good running backs (not great but good) and an emerging tight end. He's got nothing else.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I'd argue the quality of teammates has to factor into it. Lamar's in an organization that actually puts good players around him and routinely has good players across the board. Fields has 2 good running backs (not great but good) and an emerging tight end. He's got nothing else.
Which is one reason he's rushed for so many yards: not as many people to throw to. That's been the topic of discussion nearly this whole season: Fields needs to stop running so much cause he's gonna get hurt, right? Fields didn't get drafted 11th overall cause of his rushing ability, he did cause of his passing aiblity and the rushing has been a surprise out of pure necessity. No one, including Fields, the coaching staff and everyone here, wants to see him running this much ideally.... because running this much means the passing game is shit, because it is.

You're right, a guy setting a seasonal record on one of the most highly regarded and consistently talented teams in the NFL is definitely the same as doing it with a bunch of Canadian league players on the Chicago fucking bears in less attempts. Do I have to draw you a fucking picture here? I mean WHAT?
His record setting rushing season came in his second year as well. But he also had a better supporting cast around him, yes, which is why he also threw for 3,000 yards and 36 TDs at 7.8 Y/A. Fields is arguably putting up all these rushing yard because the passing game (i.e. targets and blocking along with improvement needed from him as well) can't move the ball.

Sorry, but Fields just isn't a "generational talent" or "player" and nor is his rushing ability.

norton63

Liked Posts:
This thread has merit. I was watching the game yesterday and I’m an expert lip reader. I kept seeing Eberflus telling Getsy “I don’t care what you call, everyone knows Fields isn’t our guy.”

It makes sense. Who would want a 6 ft 3 inch stud with 4.3 speed, arm talent and a strong work ethic?

Plus, Fields never complains, never throws teammates under the bus, is great in the community, is smart as hell and humble. What coaching staff would want to deal with that?

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
Which is one reason he's rushed for so many yards: not as many people to throw to. That's been the topic of discussion nearly this whole season: Fields needs to stop running so much cause he's gonna get hurt, right? Fields didn't get drafted 11th overall cause of his rushing ability, he did cause of his passing aiblity and the rushing has been a surprise out of pure necessity. No one, including Fields, the coaching staff and everyone here, wants to see him running this much ideally.... because running this much means the passing game is shit, because it is.

His record setting rushing season came in his second year as well. But he also had a better supporting cast around him, yes, which is why he also threw for 3,000 yards and 36 TDs at 7.8 Y/A. Fields is arguably putting up all these rushing yard because the passing game (i.e. targets and blocking along with improvement needed from him as well) can't move the ball.

Sorry, but Fields just isn't a "generational talent" or "player" and nor is his rushing ability.
You missed the part where he's RUN THE BALL LESS TIMES THAN LAMAR DID THAT SEASON and has oh IDK about 40 times run for 60+ yards. Lamars long run was 47. ??????

THE OFFENSE CAN ONLY DO ONE THING RIGHT. THE ENTIRE NFL PREPS FOR THE BEARS KNOWING ALL THEY CAN DO IS RUN FIELDS. HE STILL DOES IT EVERY WEEK. HOW TF DOES HAVING A SUCCESSFUL PASSING GAME DO ANYTHING OTHER THAN PROVE MY POINT. DO YOU THINK THE NFL DOESNT KNOW WHAT WE KNOW IN THAT FIELDS RUNNING IS THE BEARS WHOLE OFFENSE???

norton63

Liked Posts:
This thread has merit. I was watching the game yesterday and I’m an expert lip reader. I kept seeing Eberflus telling Getsy “I don’t care what you call, everyone knows Fields isn’t our guy.”

It makes sense. Who would want a 6 ft 3 inch stud with 4.3 speed, arm talent and a strong work ethic?

Plus, Fields never complains, never throws teammates under the bus, is great in the community, is smart as hell and humble. What coaching staff would want to deal with that?
I believe he ran a 4.4.