Bears ready to move on from fields?

greg23

Liked Posts:
Because he is a racist.

And you are a racist.

In fact, this entire message board is collectively the biggest racist piece of shit the entire known universe has ever contained and every single one of you should be locked inside the worst dungeon on the planet to do nothing with the rest of your lives but post your horrifically racist football takes on this fine website until the end of time.

........so can we move on now????

What if I thought Mahomes was the best qb in the leauge? Asssuming im still racist since he's half white?

maybe the hustler can clarify that?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
maybe the hustler can clarify that?

Nah.

That is a rabbit hole meant for an entirely separate forum, but I will end the conversation here with this tidbit for you Bear Nation:

If you hate Justin Fields because he is black, it does not make you racist. It makes you prejudiced. You would have to physically act out on those feelings to move over to racist.

Please understand the difference before having that conversation far, far from here.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Nah.

That is a rabbit hole meant for an entirely separate forum, but I will end the conversation here with this tidbit for you Bear Nation:

If you hate Justin Fields because he is black, it does not make you racist. It makes you prejudiced. You would have to physically act out on those feelings to move over to racist.

Please understand the difference before having that conversation far, far from here.

Who hates him?
And who hates him because he's black?

Those are the way the hustlers think. @TezMaKai

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
It would be a very dirty move to throw Fields aside after making him the franchise punching bag the last year. Poles never prioritized him. He hired a defensive coach, when Daboll was on the market. Tried to sign Ogunjobi first in FA. Went defense the first two picks. Didn't sign any impactful WR or OL. Then traded away defensive talent so that when the offense did put up 30+ point performance we still lost.

Yet, while I say all this, I also think Bryce Young is a generational talent. He may not have the physical tools, but the dude just wins. I've never seen a player make a play so often when his team needs him to and all the pressure is on his shoulders. Even in his losses, he made game winning plays to beat both LSU and Tennessee this past year. But his kicker and defense let him down in those games. He is calm and talented in the pocket as well. CJ Stroud I can pass on. Everyone else I can pass on. Bryce Young, I may pull the trigger.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
It would be a very dirty move to throw Fields aside after making him the franchise punching bag the last year. Poles never prioritized him. He hired a defensive coach, when Daboll was on the market. Tried to sign Ogunjobi first in FA. Went defense the first two picks. Didn't sign any impactful WR or OL. Then traded away defensive talent so that when the offense did put up 30+ point performance we still lost.

Yet, while I say all this, I also think Bryce Young is a generational talent. He may not have the physical tools, but the dude just wins. I've never seen a player make a play so often when his team needs him to and all the pressure is on his shoulders. Even in his losses, he made game winning plays to beat both LSU and Tennessee this past year. But his kicker and defense let him down in those games. He is calm and talented in the pocket as well. CJ Stroud I can pass on. Everyone else I can pass on. Bryce Young, I may pull the trigger.

Same could be said about Stroud against Georgia.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Bryce Young, I may pull the trigger.

you don't mean as a replacement for JF....do you? Please say u don't mean replacement for JF

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Same could be said about Stroud against Georgia.
On paper, sure. And I'll admit, I've watched less of Stroud than Young. But from what I've watched Ohio State usually has far superior talent than their competition in the Big 10 and played with a lead alot. Stroud would have multiple possessions to make things right and usually he would eventually get through. But there are games like Northwestern and Michigan, where he never could really put it together. I've seen him flat out be inaccurate when his team needed him to make a throw on third down...multiple times. Then OSU run game would break through and carry him.

On the other hand, Bryce just made critical 3rd/4th down throws all the time. He carried that team. Name Bana's receivers this year. Burton's not bad, but not great. Latu was an OK TE. But outside of thar not much.

Its something that may be overlooked on tape, but he played best in the big moments. He responded punch for punch in SEC play. Even in Tennessee and LSU, both road games. Not neutral site games.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

Bryce Young just wins? He was the leader of one of the least successful Bama teams in recent memory. Almost every starting qb they have wins a national championship and he did not

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:

you don't mean as a replacement for JF....do you? Please say u don't mean replacement for JF
I mean, I would highly consider drafting Bryce Young and moving on from Fields if given the opportunity. Anyone else, no. But I've never seen a QB make so many clutch and pressure plays than Young.

Also Young would have 4 years on his rookie contract. Fields would only have 2 more years.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Bryce Young just wins? He was one one of the least successful Bama teams in recent memory. Almost every starting qb they have wins a national championship and he did not
That's an ignorant statenent. I'm a Tennessee fan and seen all the other QBs and I hate Bama. But I got to give credit to where it's due. Bama fans would tell you Young is the best. He was the only one to win the Heisman.

He made winning plays. He managed winning drives. Bana should have been in the CFP if not for voter fatigue. Their two losses were both on the road on, to top 10 teams, on the last second. But both games Young drive down the field and did his job. Tennessee his RB dropped an easy catch and kicker missed the kick, Tennessee then went on to make FG as time expired. LSU was a matter of LSU going for 2 in overtime and Bama not. That's it.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I mean, I would highly consider drafting Bryce Young and moving on from Fields if given the opportunity. Anyone else, no. But I've never seen a QB make so many clutch and pressure plays than Young.

Also Young would have 4 years on his rookie contract. Fields would only have 2 more years.

I think it would be better to get help for JF. Right now we can't make an assessment on JF. Plus, we'd be starting all over again.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
That's an ignorant statenent. I'm a Tennessee fan and seen all the other QBs and I hate Bama. But I got to give credit to where it's due. Bama fans would tell you Young is the best. He was the only one to win the Heisman.

He made winning plays. He managed winning drives. Bana should have been in the CFP if not for voter fatigue. Their two losses were both on the road on, to top 10 teams, on the last second. But both games Young drive down the field and did his job. Tennessee his RB dropped an easy catch and kicker missed the kick, Tennessee then went on to make FG as time expired. LSU was a matter of LSU going for 2 in overtime and Bama not. That's it.
Tell me more about how great Bama was this year. @bamainatlanta maybe you can educate him on their schedule.

Regardless of everything you just said, you claimed Bryce Young just wins. In fact he's been less successful in that department than almost every qb they've had in the last decade.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
I think it would be better to get help for JF. Right now we can't make an assessment on JF. Plus, we'd be starting all over again.
We wouldn't be starting all over. We'd actually be building up from a position of strength finally.

We had shit for assets when building around Fields (who cost us an extra 1st rounder himself to attain).

With Young, we'd have insane cap space and multiple extra 1st rounders (in return for Fields). And you reset the "cheap QB" window which is sneaky important (look at the Eagles).

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

We wouldn't be starting all over. We'd actually be building up from a position of strength finally.

We had shit for assets when building around Fields (who cost us an extra 1st rounder himself to attain).

With Young, we'd have insane cap space and multiple extra 1st rounders (in return for Fields). And you reset the "cheap QB" window which is sneaky important (look at the Eagles).

Interesting....you bring up the Eagles. A yr ago there was a sector of ppl pushing to get rid of Hurts.
However, management didn't listen. They instead, got help for Hurts, now he's in the MVP conversation.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Tell me more about how great Bama was this year. @bamainatlanta maybe you can educate him on their schedule.

Regardless of everything you just said, you claimed Bryce Young just wins. In fact he's been less successful in that department than almost every qb they've had in the last decade.
Bama's roster wasn't as good these past two years than in years past. NIL is taking away the edge Bama had for so long in recruiting. Still good, but down comparative to recent years.

Yet, despite that, Young willed these past two teams to winning as many games as they did. He is a winner. That doesn't mean you never lose as a team. It just means, as an individual, that he finds a way to do everything he is asked to give his team a put his team in a position to win. He doesn't play defense or is a kicker though. But he made those clutch plays to win every game. Watch those Tennessee and LSU games and tell me the dude isn't a winner eveb amidst losing

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Bama's roster wasn't as good these past two years than in years past. NIL is taking away the edge Bama had for so long in recruiting. Still good, but down comparative to recent years.

Yet, despite that, Young willed these past two teams to winning as many games as they did. He is a winner. That doesn't mean you never lose as a team. It just means, as an individual, that he finds a way to do everything he is asked to give his team a put his team in a position to win. He doesn't play defense or is a kicker though. But he made those clutch plays to win every game. Watch those Tennessee and LSU games and tell me the dude isn't a winner eveb amidst losing
I haven't been overly impressed. Admittedly I haven't watched more than a couple games. What I've seen is exactly what people complain about with Fields, he doesn't get rid of the ball quick. Luckily he has a pretty dominant OL. In the NFL that isn't going to fly for a guy who lacks elite athleticism and is small. I'd much prefer stroud to him if I was a team looking for a qb.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I agree starting over sucks and I wouldn't want to start over for anyone but Young. I put him on the same level as other recent 1st overall picks.

Poles has also shown himself to make the long term best decision. So I wouldn't put it past him to move on if he feels Young is a great QB.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I haven't been overly impressed. Admittedly I haven't watched more than a couple games. What I've seen is exactly what people complain about with Fields, he doesn't get rid of the ball quick. Luckily he has a pretty dominant OL. In the NFL that isn't going to fly for a guy who lacks elite athleticism and is small. I'd much prefer stroud to him if I was a team looking for a qb.
I think the whole "hold the ball" criticism for QBs in general is overstated. There's alot more to it than just a quick release, or swift decision making. It's also about knowing your options well, reading the defense pre snap well, knowing your protections, and maneuvering in the pocket well.

I actually think what makes Young so elite is his ability to maneuver in the pocket and keep his eyes downfield. He isn't phased much by pressure. And while he may hold the ball in the pocket a while sometimes, I think he creates that extra time and knows his internal clock well.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:

So they don't have the number 1 and number 2 ranked players in this draft class?