Bears ready to move on from fields?

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
So they don't have the number 1 and number 2 ranked players in this draft class?
There are 10 other players on each side of the ball. And one of the 2 players you reference is the same player I reference, Bryce Young.

There roster is still "good" but it was not head and shoulders above everyone else like usual. Ask any Bama fan.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:

Not everything is about stats. Especially when they both play in different conferences against different opponents.

The funny thing is, many on here would think Stroud was the better college QB between Fields and Stroud. I'd disagree. Yet Young is considered a better NFL prospect than Stroud. But when the idea for Young to replace Fields its thought to be asanine..

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
There are 10 other players on each side of the ball. And one of the 2 players you reference is the same player I reference, Bryce Young.

There roster is still "good" but it was not head and shoulders above everyone else like usual. Ask any Bama fan.

What are you talking about? Alabamas roster is loaded with NFL talent.

Defense

Will Anderson - Top 3 draft pick

Brian Branch - Mid to late first round

Jordan Battle - early to mid 2nd

Henry To’o To’o - Early to mid 2nd

Eli Ricks - mid 2nd to early 3rd

Malachi Moore 2nd - 3rd

Offense

Bryce Young- Top 3 draft pick

Jahmyr Gibbs - Mid 1st to early 2nd

Cameron Latu - 2nd to 3rd round

Jermaine Burton - 2nd - 3rd

Emil Ekiyor 3rd - 4th

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
What are you talking about? Alabamas roster is loaded with NFL talent.

Defense

Will Anderson - Top 3 draft pick

Brian Branch - Mid to late first round

Jordan Battle - early to mid 2nd

Henry To’o To’o - Early to mid 2nd

Eli Ricks - mid 2nd to early 3rd

Malachi Moore 2nd - 3rd

Offense

Bryce Young- Top 3 draft pick

Jahmyr Gibbs - Mid 1st to early 2nd

Cameron Latu - 2nd to 3rd round

Jermaine Burton - 2nd - 3rd

Emil Ekiyor 3rd - 4th

I'm talking about Bryce Young. So to include him to make your point is silly. I'm talking about the rest of the roster excluding him. And for Alabama standards the last two years were down seasons for them, roster wise. It may look like a solid group for any other middle of the pack SEC or Big 10 team, but for what Bama is used to, its a regression. No doubt about it!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think it would be better to get help for JF. Right now we can't make an assessment on JF. Plus, we'd be starting all over again.
For sure. Frankly I am really surprised that there are really questions about Fields not being a franchise quarterback. Maybe it is because of the "metrics" used to assess the worth of a quarterback. I would love, for example, to see many of the great quarterbacks in the last 15 or so years do with the total crap offensive line, terrible wide receivers, and limited offensive passing options that Fields had in his first two years as a quarterback. How do you think, these future HOFer would have fared with guys like Mustipher, Borom, blocking for him and E. Brown, Pettis, and some other guys who actually are worse than they are.

I think that some people just cannot look beyond the rigid stat line. No quarterback, even 5 year excellent seasoned pros could have lasted through this season let alone have made the pro bowl with the lack of talent given this guy this season.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bama had a down year, talent-wise. Still Young played like a generational talent.

I think he has better situational awareness than Fields if I'm being honest but not so much that I'd replace Fields because Fields is a bigger, faster, more athletic QB who has the arm talent.

I would do whatever is necessary to get more talent around Fields and see what happens, rather than pray that Young doesn't get crushed by the porous Oline that will take more time for Poles to truly fix.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I think it would be better to get help for JF. Right now we can't make an assessment on JF. Plus, we'd be starting all over again.

For sure. Frankly I am really surprised that there are really questions about Fields not being a franchise quarterback. Maybe it is because of the "metrics" used to assess the worth of a quarterback. I would love, for example, to see many of the great quarterbacks in the last 15 or so years do with the total crap offensive line, terrible wide receivers, and limited offensive passing options that Fields had in his first two years as a quarterback. How do you think, these future HOFer would have fared with guys like Mustipher, Borom, blocking for him and E. Brown, Pettis, and some other guys who actually are worse than they are.

I think that some people just cannot look beyond the rigid stat line. No quarterback, even 5 year excellent seasoned pros could have lasted through this season let alone have made the pro bowl with the lack of talent given this guy this season.

Like a hawk, you can see the problems JF has undergone. ?:) Yet JF has been able to persevere. I've said it before, if JF didn't have great improvisational & play-making skills, he'd be in the hospital by now.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
"Justin's got to be back there and operate," Eberflus said. "There's going to be different people out at certain times, and he's got to be able to operate, get rid of the ball when it's not there and do a good job of having poise in the pocket."

?

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Not sure if anyone has brought this up but I think the fear of Fields going somewhere else and becoming greater would terrify any GM as they’d never hear the end of it!

See Pace and ask him how often he relives the Trubisky nightmare. Had he picked maholmes or even Watson, he’d be the bears GM for life.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure if anyone has brought this up but I think the fear of Fields going somewhere else and becoming greater would terrify any GM as they’d never hear the end of it!

See Pace and ask him how often he relives the Trubisky nightmare. Had he picked maholmes or even Watson, he’d be the bears GM for life.
Been brought up plenty of times. The Bears, who have not had a franchise QB in well forever, gives up on the first one who has ever shown the promise and specialness that Fields has. This franchise can't afford to give up on him yet and if they do they deserve everything bad that will follow.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

If he picked Watson, he’d have the inside track on some great massage experiences. Can a GM and his QB do a couples massage?

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not disagreeing. I'm asking if this staff is into Fields. What do you think?

I think they are. They call him out on stuff when he deserves it. They also praise him when he deserves it. They seem like straight shooters. Brutal and honest. Fields seems to have a great relationship with Getsy and Janocko.

I don't think Poles is dumb enough to pull the trigger on a QB when Chicago finally has a QB they're in love with for the first time since McMahon. Fields is a God here. And a quarterback too. That's rare.

I think the staff believe enough in him to give him Year 3 (or Year 2 in this offense). They'll surround him with talent, on OL and hopefully WR (weak FA, but good draft class).

If he still has garbage passing stats with open receivers, then yeah, maybe we can talk about moving on. That is December 2023 talk, not January 2023 talk.