Bears receiver Kevin White, linebacker Jon Bostic expected ready for training camp

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears receiver Kevin White, linebacker Jon Bostic expected ready for training camp

750x422

Chicago Bears coach John Fox expects to have two key contributors back from injury in time for training camp.

First-round rookie receiver Kevin White (undisclosed) and veteran inside linebacker Jon Bostic (back) are projected to participate in Bourbonnais when the Bears have their first practice on July 30 at Olivet Nazarene University.

White was not at practice during the portions of this week's three-day mandatory minicamp that were open to media. Fox did not say why White was absent, other than indicating it was a medical issue.

"Part of the offseason is getting ready for the season, and any decision we make is going to be with the player’s best interest in mind," Fox said Thursday when asked about White's training camp availability. "It could be physical. It could be a variety of reasons. I feel good about where we are and we will be when we start camp."

Fox sounded surer about White's availability for camp than Bostic's.

Bostic's back injury sidelined him for the entire offseason program. He missed Weeks 6 through 8 last season with a back problem but returned to the lineup, and it's unclear if the injuries are related.

His absence from the offseason program leaves him with significant ground to make up in what promises to be an intense inside linebacker competition in training camp.

Bostic was the second-round pick by former general manager Phil Emery in 2013, but that means little to a new regime that sees potential in athletic linebacker Christian Jones, who joined the team last year as an undrafted free agent.

The 62 solo tackles Bears coaches credited Bostic with last season ranked second on the team to safety Ryan Mundy's 85.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok, maybe out of the loop on this, but what's up with White? Why are they not disclosing the injury?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Fox did not say why White was absent, other than indicating it was a medical issue.

"Part of the offseason is getting ready for the season, and any decision we make is going to be with the player’s best interest in mind," Fox said Thursday when asked about White's training camp availability. "It could be physical. It could be a variety of reasons. I feel good about where we are and we will be when we start camp."
Well at least Fox is modeling his vague presser answers about injuries like Blackhawks JQ, it's a start.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This friggin media blackout is kinda like the " Cold War " of the 60s and 70s.
At least we used to get information on players.
If its personal why can't Fox just say its personal ?
.... and why no inkling as to what has happened ? is it a Hammy ?
Anybody find out anything substantial yet ?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Saw this the other day after I asked what's up with White. Guess we won't find out but you'd think there would be a 'source'.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Saw this the other day after I asked what's up with White. Guess we won't find out but you'd think there would be a 'source'.

Hey Mr Pickles. Im sure you just forgot to post something besides the Claussen.... oh maybe you were talking about Bot's post

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Brand new regime. Probably not a lot of sources left. And the ones that are still around are probably too scared to talk for now.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hey Mr Pickles. Im sure you just forgot to post something besides the Claussen.... oh maybe you were talking about Bot's post

Article was from June 18th. I had the same source as Bot or maybe it was the Sun Times which had the same story at the same time.
dill_with_it_award-r9add226bda0e4b9a910c45f2222f1a2e_8bozu_8byvr_512.jpg

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Brand new regime. Probably not a lot of sources left. And the ones that are still around are probably too scared to talk for now.

Where's Insideinfo when you need him?