Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Covid-19?

The Bears are more worried about cooties.

msadows

Liked Posts:
All the no mask tough guys are gonna make this thing drag out for years.. thanks guys!

Went with a buddy to grab a beer on the patio of a bar(A dead ass bar, mind you) a couple weeks ago after we finished fishing.

When we walked up there were about 20 old dudes sitting at the bar top....inside. Thats when I shoulda known shit was wrong. Of course not one of them had a mask.

The server came up to us coughing up a fuckin storm(of course, no mask), then tried to give me a handshake(which I declined).

Safe to say I walked out of that place after she left the table.

You can thank our leadership for extending this crisis. A large percentage of the population now thinks its "weak" to practice caution. Had the situation been handled properly, and a clear and concise message been given from top down, there is a very good chance this situation could have been at a conclusion.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Went with a buddy to grab a beer on the patio of a bar(A dead ass bar, mind you) a couple weeks ago after we finished fishing.

When we walked up there were about 20 old dudes sitting at the bar top....inside. Thats when I shoulda known shit was wrong. Of course not one of them had a mask.

The server came up to us coughing up a fuckin storm(of course, no mask), then tried to give me a handshake(which I declined).

You can thank our leadership for extending this crisis. A large percentage of the population now thinks its "weak" to practice caution. Had the situation been handled properly, and a clear and concise message been given from top down, there is a very good chance this situation could have been at a conclusion.

Was this in Illinois? If so you should report the shit out of that bar.

Similar thing happened to me kind of. Was at a patio over the weekend. Went inside to get a beer from the bar, the person pouring drinks had a mask on only covering their mouth. I immediately asked for my check and left.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

Wait a second McDrunky, I thought you didn't ever drink?!

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

#calledit as well

Wait a second McDrunky, I thought you didn't ever drink?!

Double #calledit

greg23

Liked Posts:

You realize it's only going to get to a conclusion when

1) there is a cure (which could never happen)

Or

2) we reach here immunity which is like 60-70% people have it (currently prob at 10-20%)

The shutdowns and mask wearing is just a way to slow down getting to 60-70% so as not to overwhelm the hospital system.....at this rate without a cure we'll we dealing with this bs for another year plus.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

You can thank our leadership for extending this crisis.

Seriously? Do you wait for leadership to tell you when to shower and change your underwear too? What ever happened to people taking a little bit of personal responsibility, and not looking for who to blame next for all their problems?

Had the situation been handled properly, and a clear and concise message been given from top down, there is a very good chance this situation could have been at a conclusion

Spoken from someone that has absolutely zero clue. Wearing masks extends the the duration of the problem (while decreasing it's numbers). the only way to get this over more quickly is to expose everyone, and then bury the bodies and move on.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Seriously? Do you wait for leadership to tell you when to shower and change your underwear too? What ever happened to people taking a little bit of personal responsibility, and not looking for who to blame next for all their problems?

Had the situation been handled properly, and a clear and concise message been given from top down, there is a very good chance this situation could have been at a conclusion

Spoken from someone that has absolutely zero clue. Wearing masks extends the the duration of the problem (while decreasing it's numbers). the only way to get this over more quickly is to expose everyone, and then bury the bodies and move on.
You first

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Seriously? Do you wait for leadership to tell you when to shower and change your underwear too? What ever happened to people taking a little bit of personal responsibility.

This made me LOL.

Thanks!

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Problem with that is I wasn't crying about Covid-19 not being over and looking for someone to blame that it wasn't. But I know, facts hurt.
Facts say the USA basically gave up, your white house's recent covid campaign parties confirm it. Deal with it.

Thanks.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Facts say the USA basically gave up, your white house's recent covid campaign parties confirm it. Deal with it.

Thanks.

Another post out of ignorance. You have mistakenly taken me for a Trump supporter, of which I am not. As has already been stated, and something some people just can't seem to grasp, is you can't make covid-19 go away, best you can do is to manage it in a way that the health care system isn't overwhelmed. And the more you do "manage" it, the longer it will be with us.

And for those of you that think those masks are anything more than a good placebo, I have news for you.

Same bartender example used in a previous post, only this time she has a mask. She coughs into mask, then touches her mask prior to pouring your beer. You then touch the glass, and then use your hands to move your mask down to drink the beer. Now your mask is contaminated, and you continue to breath through it........brilliant!!!!

Maybe you shouldn't have been in the bar in the first place? On one hand your complaining that the government lifted the restrictions too early, and on the other your more than happy to go to the establishments that were allowed to open because of it. Seriously??

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Another post out of ignorance. You have mistakenly taken me for a Trump supporter, of which I am not. As has already been stated, and something some people just can't seem to grasp, is you can't make covid-19 go away, best you can do is to manage it in a way that the health care system isn't overwhelmed. And the more you do "manage" it, the longer it will be with us.

And for those of you that think those masks are anything more than a good placebo, I have news for you.

Same bartender example used in a previous post, only this time she has a mask. She coughs into mask, then touches her mask prior to pouring your beer. You then touch the glass, and then use your hands to move your mask down to drink the beer. Now your mask is contaminated, and you continue to breath through it........brilliant!!!!

Maybe you shouldn't have been in the bar in the first place? On one hand your complaining that the government lifted the restrictions too early, and on the other your more than happy to go to the establishments that were allowed to open because of it. Seriously??

You do not understand much about virus transmission I take it.

msadows

Liked Posts:

You absolutely can make covid go away.

Taking the correct measures would drastically result in the lowering of total infection rate to the point of elimination.

I don't think you really know how infectious diseases work.

Masks, as stated previously, are used as a measure to decrease the infection rate and allow hospitals to stay under capacity. Infection increases exponentially without proper measures, just as it decreases exponentially with proper measures.

There is a reason why a large portion of the world is seeing a drastic decline in infection rates while the US is rising.

My point is, had everyone taken proper precautions the situation in the USA would reflect that of italy, France, or Spain right now. Instead, its worse than it ever was. Why? BECAUSE NO ONE IS PRACTICING PRECAUTIONS.

This does not mean lock everything down and go in a year long quarantine. It means have some common sense. Instead you have dumbshits partying in the ozarks.

Yes, the only way it will go away in this country is from herd immunity, because of idiots. The majority of those idiots get their logic from the guy at the top, who is chief idiot. When your president hasn't taken the virus seriously since day 1, why would you expect the people who voted for him to?

msadows

Liked Posts:
TIL that france, spain, and italy have dropped to 100's of cases a day in their more densely populated countries not because of proper precautions but because of herd immunity.

Gotcha, totally makes sense considering like .4% of their population caught it.

By your logic this shit should be running rampant in other countries, because they've been "managing it" longer than us.

This is the kind of logic that has us in this mess right now. 'Murica!

Its sad when I watch a tv show like The Last Kingdom and the fucking people in the 9th century take a virus more seriously than people a millennium later.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.