Not open for further replies.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
And yet I have posted studies that contradict what you say. Stupid is not knowing how to sort the data. You seem to confuse the concept of slowing the spread, to that of ending the virus.
You posted one study. The consensus from the medical community is wear a mask. Not being a tin foil hat wearing idiot like you, I’m going to listen to the consensus of people who have spent their lives practicing medicine and fought other outbreaks before. Like I said, you’re part of the problem.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah they were under strict lockdowns while Trump had his thumb up his ass. They took it seriously and we didn’t. They are still taking it serious and we still aren’t.
When all else fails, blame Trump. I watched our Governor in Michigan preach social distancing one day, and two days later join hand in hand during the protests, totally ignoring her own advice. Talk about hypocrisy. During Qt you were allowed to go kayaking, but not allowed to go out on the same lake in a motor boat.

Plenty of stupid to go around I am afraid.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
When all else fails, blame Trump. I watched our Governor in Michigan preach social distancing one day, and two days later join hand in hand the protest totally ignoring her own advice. you were allowed to go kiyaking, but not allowed to go out on the same lake in a motor boat.

Plenty of stupid to go around I am afraid.
I’ll repeat it: other countries were able to enforce a strict lock down. So yes I will blame the man at the top

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’ll repeat it: other countries were able to enforce a strict lock down. So yes I will blame the man at the top
And as a result the economy collapses, Social Security goes insolvent, your 401k becomes worthless, and unemployment dries up, you will still be blaming Trump for that as well.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
And as a result the economy collapses, Social Security goes insolvent, your 401k becomes worthless, and unemployment dries up, you will still be blaming Trump for that as well.
Nice to see you putting material things above human life. Like I said you are part of the problem.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You can thank our leadership for extending this crisis.

Seriously? Do you wait for leadership to tell you when to shower and change your underwear too? What ever happened to people taking a little bit of personal responsibility, and not looking for who to blame next for all their problems?

Had the situation been handled properly, and a clear and concise message been given from top down, there is a very good chance this situation could have been at a conclusion

Spoken from someone that has absolutely zero clue. Wearing masks extends the the duration of the problem (while decreasing it's numbers). the only way to get this over more quickly is to expose everyone, and then bury the bodies and move on.
No conclusion in site and no, we're not surprised that came for msadows but wearing masks is how you prevent more lockdowns and keep the economy running, unlike Houston and FL that are closing back up after trying it your way,. If EVERYONE participates, you can stave off the disease until it hopefully mutates into something less deadly or even dissipates. Not everyone will catch this and it could be controlled to where most don't catch it with caution. Good hygiene and protection from disease has protected med pros for a long time other than when they are too busy to participate properly, Those precautions work for any human being.

Good leadership being able to zealots that don't understand what freedom really is to participate and willing to lock down sooner so it would have been 1 mo. instead of 2 would help a lot. People act like this is a US created problem. The entire world is going through this and we have good examples of what works and what doesn't. It has nothing to do with USA media or politics unless you make it so. It's opposite world where the right blames global warming and covid on politics and left media when they are the ones forcing a politicization of these world wide concerns. Lots of tail wagging the dog these days.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nice to see you putting material things above human life. Like I said you are part of the problem.
and doesn't understand that no mask will result in more lockdowns and disruption of business. A stitch in time vs mine, mine, mine. Making this an either or situation is just wrong think. Fast action and adherence to guidelines is what gets us through this fastest and richest. The rest is noise. The disease itself will force shutdowns without our help. With our help, more will be able to stay open.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I've seen all the data you posted numerous times before and laughed at most of it. From one of your own articles, it claims an effectiveness of 50%. While that would slow the spread, it just means that sooner or later the coin is going to come up heads, whey you called tails.

What they don't tell you is these studies never take into account anything other than particulate matter dissipation through the mask. They don't take into account once a person coughs into the mask, and then touches it by continually readjusting it and then touching other objects or people (remember that glass of beer?) what effect that has on the overall effectiveness. so take your 50% and now knock it down to 25%.
No it doesn't. At that point it's clearly less contagious than a flu. Most don't catch those and without worrying about keeping their hands clean etc. Why TF do you think masks were created. Speaking or coughing into a mask reduced spread 100 fold.

There's a consensus by med pros on how to handle this. Are their exceptions? Always but they never prove the rule and well organised cooperation without mixed messages and outright lies is always the best way to solve a problem.

Last edited:

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
The ones telling you to wear a mask and stay home are the ones who are calling for no fans.
The names who say that the protestors and looters did not cause a spike of the numbers are the ones that a day after the Trump rally say many were infected. There are still less than 1% of infected who die.

Either way, Chicago Bulls are not offering refunds, and its indoors. Not only are they not offering refunds, they want 10% in 2 weeks then commit to paying the rest off in installments. Suppose its the same with Bear fans, you ask for the refund, you lose your place.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I honestly never realized how many infectious disease experts we had in the U.S. It's amazing really. I've said this before and I'll say it again for the people in back, I have no god damn clue if me wearing a mask helps, but it sure as shit doesn't hurt the situation. So in an effort to do everything in my power to make life go back to pre-COIVD days, I'll continue to wear a mask in public. If more people had this mindset, I think we would be in a much different situation right now.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The ones telling you to wear a mask and stay home are the ones who are calling for no fans.
The names who say that the protestors and looters did not cause a spike of the numbers are the ones that a day after the Trump rally say many were infected. There are still less than 1% of infected who die.

Either way, Chicago Bulls are not offering refunds, and its indoors. Not only are they not offering refunds, they want 10% in 2 weeks then commit to paying the rest off in installments. Suppose its the same with Bear fans, you ask for the refund, you lose your place.
All those protests in AZ? :rolleyes: Where's the uptick in Chicago and NY. Most of them were giving space and wearing masks.

Remember when the right manufactured Obama's nonexistent death panels. Obviously, that never happened. Guess what's happening in AZ right now? Triage death panels for survival because folks couldn't be bothered to social distance and believed the nonsense about the lack of severity. I guess lives and children's futures (deficit) only matter when a Dem is pres.

Percentages don't matter, it's about how many die and they aren't all the same that die from a flu. Flu season has come and gone but others are still dying at record rates. The 'you're all going to get it anyway' attitude is silly as only 0.5% of our the population dying in a war would be devastating and horrifying. 1.68M people. We lost 0.02% in WW2 and are almost at that actual # of deaths right now. That and some other also have long term affects.

If you want unbiased info, go here. Home

Last edited:

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Also, a federal lockdown would have helped. Leaving it up to 50 individual governors on their own timelines and terms was a disaster.

Lol a federal lockdown?!?!?

You think a one size fits all solution for a pandemic is appropriate in a country w/ 300+ million people?

Imagine the criticism of Trump if that is what he did. The dictatorship accusations. From the left. Classic lol.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol a federal lockdown?!?!?

You think a one size fits all solution for a pandemic is appropriate in a country w/ 300+ million people?

Imagine the criticism of Trump if that is what he did. The dictatorship accusations. From the left. Classic lol.

Well the individual lockdowns sure are going swell.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Addressing the OP, this was common sense. There was never going to be full stadiums allowed so refunds were going to be needed regardless.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
All those protests in AZ? :rolleyes: Where's the uptick in Chicago and NY. Most of them were giving space and wearing masks.

Remember when the right manufactured Obama's nonexistent death panels. Obviously, that never happened. Guess what's happening in AZ right now? Triage death panels for survival because folks couldn't be bothered to social distance and believed the nonsense about the lack of severity. I guess lives and children's futures (deficit) only matter when a Dem is pres.

If you want unbiased info, go here. Home

Were you counting how many people had masks in each protest lol?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Were you counting how many people had masks in each protest lol?
What part of most don't you understand? Where's the associated cases? Of course it will have caused an uptick but the demographics show it's not the only cause of what we're seeing in TX and FL. States that have had strong distancing rules and greater turnout have not seen the same increase from those protests.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Herd immunity might be the only way to do this in the USA. Americans are usually more selfish than the rest of the world. I don't see a lockdown working. I don't think forcing people to wear a mask in public will work either...at least not in the States. I just want college bball and NFL to not be cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.