dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Didn't he up and retire during halftime of some game because he was getting his ass beaten all over the field?

Yeah i actually forgot about that but he sure did. It was brutal and he took a lot of shit for that. There had to be more to that though cause like i said he was a really good cover corner for a while. Maybe he had personal issues going on or something.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Yes. It was national news IIRC.

There were memes, so you know it was true

2i3bnr.jpg

2i343i.jpg

66pueff0snn11.jpg

nfl-memes-bills-believe-in-something-even-if-its-just-36320775.png

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
How freaked would you be if Bears skip on RB???

Davis, Cohen, Patterson, Nall, (plus other team casualty or other FA)

Davis -- 5'9"/216 Could Davis be the back we're looking for? He has some burst and power to run between the tackles, good rec out the back field and decent blocker.

Cohen more complete Back -- 5'8"/187 I think Nagy should shoot Cohen between the tackles a bit more often, just so he isn't as predictable as Howard was in the reverse. If there's a decent hole, Cohen can dart it, maybe make some moves at the second level. We don't want to hurt him, but it will help the team and it's not tremendously more risky.

Patterson -- 6'2"/220 made some impressive runs for Pats last year, the kind Nagy was running with Gabriel/Miller, and more. Patterson is fast, strong, big back, whose very N/S, but has some moves too. Plus he's big target with nice hands.

Nall -- 6'2"/235. In preseason he avg 7YPC (223y), played ST, has nice hands, H-back experience. With Cunningham & Mizell released and Nall retained, he may be a ST player, who could also play some Short-yardage, FB, H-back. He had potential to play Burton's position, but certainly without Burton's route ability, but his receiving skills are intriguing.

Visionman

Liked Posts:

Davis -- Could Davis be the back we're looking for? He has some burst and power to run between the tackles, good rec out the back field and decent blocker.

Cohen more complete Back -- I think Nagy should shoot Cohen between the tackles a bit more often, just so he isn't as predictable as Howard was in the reverse. If there's a decent hole, Cohen can dart it, maybe make some moves at the second level. We don't want to hurt him, but it will help the team and it's not tremendously more risky.

Patterson -- made some impressive runs for Pats last year, the kind Nagy was running with Gabriel/Miller, and more. Patterson is fast, strong, big back, whose very N/S, but has some moves too. Plus he's big target with nice hands.

Nall -- 6'2", 235lbs. In preseason he avg 7YPC (223y), played ST, has nice hands, H-back experience. With Cunningham & Mizell released and Nall retained, he may be a ST player, who could also play some Short-yardage, FB, H-back. He had potential to play Burton's position, but certainly without Burton's route ability, but his receiving skills are intriguing.
I wouldn't freak at all. If the right guy is there, they will take him, but theres no need to reach for a RB...

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Davis -- 5'9"/216 Could Davis be the back we're looking for? He has some burst and power to run between the tackles, good rec out the back field and decent blocker.

Cohen more complete Back -- 5'8"/187 I think Nagy should shoot Cohen between the tackles a bit more often, just so he isn't as predictable as Howard was in the reverse. If there's a decent hole, Cohen can dart it, maybe make some moves at the second level. We don't want to hurt him, but it will help the team and it's not tremendously more risky.

Patterson -- 6'2"/220 made some impressive runs for Pats last year, the kind Nagy was running with Gabriel/Miller, and more. Patterson is fast, strong, big back, whose very N/S, but has some moves too. Plus he's big target with nice hands.

Nall -- 6'2"/235. In preseason he avg 7YPC (223y), played ST, has nice hands, H-back experience. With Cunningham & Mizell released and Nall retained, he may be a ST player, who could also play some Short-yardage, FB, H-back. He had potential to play Burton's position, but certainly without Burton's route ability, but his receiving skills are intriguing.
I wouldn’t freak at all either. I like our backs so far and there could be some free agents after the draft. I think we need defensive help and depth.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Not that freaked. I like Cohen a lot. Davis is a decent first down guy. Nall a decent short-yardage, redzone. Patterson for trickery. I don't think they go RB in 3rd. But COULD in 4th/5th, but we don't have to. I'd rather go CB/S/OL.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I wouldn't freak at all. If the right guy is there, they will take him, but theres no need to reach for a RB...

Yeah i don't think i'd freak either just because i wouldn't doubt if some of the names we've heard for the Bears went undrafted so we could grab one or two in UDFA and as i mentioned earlier there's still some guys in free agency that could work playing with Cohen and Davis.

S.Ware
J.Ajayi
B.Powell
A.Collins

Now if we went into the season with what we have now in Cohen, Davis, Mizzell, Nall without bringing in a couple UDFA's and at least one of those names i mentioned then i would freak. Didn't M.Davis have a couple minor injuries with Seattle last year? One of the biggest things i'll miss with J.Howard is how he stayed healthy.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I think the draft needs to get here, because everyone is overthinking this. The Bears didn't trade Howard for next to nothing, and sign a career backup RB (for backup RB money, FWIW) to wait and take a RB whenever it happens. Pace has his eyes on one of the top RBs.

While EDGE would be nice at 87, the Bears have Mack, Floyd, and Lynch...same top 3 that was part of the #1 D last year
While Safety would be nice at 87, the Bears have 4 on the roster, 3 of the 4 from the #1 D last year. Only change is HCD instead of Amos
While CB would be nice at 87, the Bears have 4 of the top 5 from the #1 D last year. Only change is Skrine instead of Callahan
While TE would be nice at 87, the Bears invested money in Burton and a top 60 pick on Shaheen.

At RB, while the Bears do have 2 of the 4 from last year's O back, they lost their starter. And while Davis could help replace Howard, he's probably not as good (and definitely not as proven), despite being a "better fit". Davis is, as he's getting paid, a replacement for Cunningham who is part of the insurance plan to replace Howard.

Think of the Pace tenure so far.....
Last year, everyone thought the Bears would wait on LB, because Kwiatkoski was thought to be a decent, replacement level player capable of starting.
The year before, everyone thought the Bears would wait on QB, because Glennon was thought to be a decent, replacement level player capable of starting.
2016 everyone thought the Bears would wait on pass rusher, because Houston, Young and McPhee were thought to be decent, replacement level players capable of starting.
Going back to 2015, everyone (me included) thought they would wait on WR because Eddie Royal was supposed to replace Brandon Marshall.

This is Pace's MO as a drafter. He fills every position with capable players, but he knows which ones are replacement level and can be upgraded long-term. He's also hedging his bets in case he can't get the guy he wants. Granted, this year's a little bit tougher with no picks til 87, but 21 of the 22 positions have an unquestioned starter going into mini camp. All 21 started at the same position last year either for the Bears or for another team. Only 1 position is the opposite. Ryan Pace is drafting a RB at or before 87.
QFC
Quoted For Crow...to maybe be eaten soon...

I prefer steak.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Hard for me to say since i knew nothing about this kid until i saw this article on him. He could be anywhere from a 4th-5th to a UDFA and they brought him in to let him know they're interested so if he does go undrafted he would know we were a team that liked what they saw from him. Shit he could of bombed the visit and there isn't any interest on the Bears side. I know i want edge rush in the draft, in UDFA or another one in free agency though and possibly 2 of the 3 or even all 3 so if Pace/Nagy/Pagano like him then draft him or sign him after the draft.

So what round did Harris end up being taken? I didn't watch any of the draft stuff.