Bears release Tarik Cohen & Danny Trevathan

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
If I am reading it right Danny T is a $3.2M cap hit while Tarik is a $2.2M cap savings?

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I know it's fun to rip Danny, but he gave the Bears some good seasons.

Cohen was great for one season then idk what happened. He just decided to run horizontally instead of vertically.

Hope they both can find new homes.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
If I am reading it right Danny T is a $3.2M cap hit while Tarik is a $2.2M cap savings?
If he was released prior to June 1. After it saves the Bears $2-3 mil or something.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It's actually refreshing and making me respect Poles even more that he is not wasting time cleaning up all the shit and instead is forging forward with agency.

I haven't seen a GM be that pro-active upon taking the job since Jerry Angelo was hired and sent a third of the team to the woodchipper.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know it's fun to rip Danny, but he gave the Bears some good seasons.

I am never going to rip on Trevathan. I was a huge fan of the intial signing.

The extension he got might be one of the worst NFL contracts I ever bothered to look at, but I have already let my feelings about the mastermind behind that financial nightmare be known in this thread.

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
So how much maximum cap do we gain with these moves in addition to Mack?

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
I am never going to rip on Trevathan. I was a huge fan of the intial signing.

The extension he got might be one of the worst NFL contracts I ever bothered to look at, but I have already let my feelings about the mastermind behind that financial nightmare be known in this thread.

Truth. The DannyT contract was even more head scratching than Glennon.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
So far I like everything Poles has done to begin his (hopefully) long career as Bears GM. It seems like he has a direction and plan. I don’t know what Pace was thinking with most of his decisions.
I’m not defending Pace because these extensions were terrible - but - people need to stop with the Poles love fest.

You judge Poles by his draft picks and FA signings. All these cuts were obvious - even if Pace was the GM

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
As athletic and light as cohen was I thought he’d come back super quick. The fact he still isn’t ready is def a huge concern for his career. Either the surgery was fucked or the damage to his knee was very bad

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's actually refreshing and making me respect Poles even more that he is not wasting time cleaning up all the shit and instead is forging forward with agency.

I haven't seen a GM be that pro-active upon taking the job since Jerry Angelo was hired and sent a third of the team to the woodchipper.
It's also better for the players to release them before the start of FA instead of after finding replacements. Won't hurt his rep.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I’m not defending Pace because these extensions were terrible - but - people need to stop with the Poles love fest.

You judge Poles by his draft picks and FA signings. All these cuts were obvious - even if Pace was the GM
LOL, Pace was never making one of those moves.