Bears release Tarik Cohen & Danny Trevathan

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
It's actually refreshing and making me respect Poles even more that he is not wasting time cleaning up all the shit and instead is forging forward with agency.

I haven't seen a GM be that pro-active upon taking the job since Jerry Angelo was hired and sent a third of the team to the woodchipper.
You were making excuses for pace and caping for him before he got fired

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I’m not defending Pace because these extensions were terrible - but - people need to stop with the Poles love fest.

You judge Poles by his draft picks and FA signings. All these cuts were obvious - even if Pace was the GM
So was Kwiat over Trevathan. How'd that work out.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I’m not defending Pace because these extensions were terrible - but - people need to stop with the Poles love fest.

You judge Poles by his draft picks and FA signings. All these cuts were obvious - even if Pace was the GM
there was nothing obvious about Mack being traded or else so many wouldn't be butt hurt.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

What in my post made you think I’m on a Poles love fest? I simply stated I like his moves so far and it seems like he has a plan. That’s a pretty vanilla comment in my opinion.

Pace would have extended one of those guys or made the trade for an underwhelming player.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

He deserves to get credit for seeing reality and cleaning up the pace mess instead of slow rolling shit just to keep things status quo. He could have easily redone some more contracts and kept the average ass team together. Instead we see an honest rebuild so phase one of this how can you hate on it? We will see how he drafts and acquires free agents later but for now he’s doing the right thing

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
He deserves to get credit for seeing reality and cleaning up the pace mess instead of slow rolling shit just to keep things status quo. He could have easily redone some more contracts and kept the average ass team together. Instead we see an honest rebuild so phase one of this how can you hate on it? We will see how he drafts and acquires free agents later but for now he’s doing the right thing
Poles had me a little worried of keeping an average team when he talked about taking the North and never letting it go - so at least removed the concern when he moved Mack. (Even though I think most of us knew Mack or Quinn was going to get moved). I’ll give Poles some credit for that, but I’m not gonna praise the man for cutting Cohen and Trevathon.

What other contracts could have been redone?

napo55

Liked Posts:
As athletic and light as cohen was I thought he’d come back super quick. The fact he still isn’t ready is def a huge concern for his career. Either the surgery was fucked or the damage to his knee was very bad
Sorry to see Tarik go. He was a really positive guy and a real asset to the team. I think he was averaging 5 yards a carry before hisn injury. Best of luck to him!

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Goldman to be released to per Rapoport THE CLEANSING

greg23

Liked Posts:
Goldman to be released to per Rapoport THE CLEANSING
What?

Nobody is giving us a 4th or 5th for that slug?

In 24 hours most of the hairdos awful contracts are being wiped away

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
What?

I know......NOT EVEN A 7th for this guy!

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What?

When he was healthy man he was a beast. It'd be cool if we could sign him off the market for cheaper but either way that contact was gruesome for what we were getting from him

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Poles had me a little worried of keeping an average team when he talked about taking the North and never letting it go - so at least removed the concern when he moved Mack. (Even though I think most of us knew Mack or Quinn was going to get moved). I’ll give Poles some credit for that, but I’m not gonna praise the man for cutting Cohen and Trevathon.

What other contracts could have been redone?
If allot of the blood letting would of happened last year instead of all the bad contract restructuring you prob could have kept Mack and have a normal cap situation this year. It was just terrible mismanagement by pace and I blame the ownership more anyways cause they could have ended this nonsense a year earlier

greg23

Liked Posts:
When he was healthy man he was a beast. It'd be cool if we could sign him off the market for cheaper but either way that contact was gruesome for what we were getting from him

So.....3+ calendar years ago; in another system?

He's unproductive, unmotivated and completely the wrong fit for this defense....they wouldn't bring him back for the leauge minimum