Bears release unofficial depth chart

slicker sam

Liked Posts:
www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1/Bears-release-unofficial-depth-chart/f8d6c231-8e0b-439e-8a9d-cd498277e123

The Bears have released their first unofficial depth chart in advance of Friday night's preseason opener against the Philadelphia Eagles at Soldier Field.

Jordan Palmer is listed as the No. 2 quarterback behind Jay Cutler and ahead of Jimmy Clausen and rookie sixth-round draft pick David Fales.

Marquess Wilson is second at one receiver position behind Brandon Marshall and ahead of Josh Bellamy, Chris Williams and Armanti Edwards. At the other spot, Eric Weems is second behind Alshon Jeffery and ahead of Josh Morgan, Micheal Spurlock and Dale Moss.

At running back, Shaun Draughn is second behind Matt Forte and ahead of Michael Ford, Ka’Deem Carey and Senorise Perry.

At tight end, Dante Rosario is second behind Martellus Bennett and ahead of Zach Miller, Matthew Mulligan and Jeron Mastrud.

On defense, Shea McClellin is listed as the starting strongside linebacker, while Jonathan Bostic and D.J. Williams are co-starters at middle linebacker.

Ryan Mundy is the starting strong safety ahead of Danny McCray, Adrian Wilson and Marcus Trice, while Brock Vereen is listed as the No. 1 free safety ahead of M.D. Jennings.

CCS Article - http://www.chicitysports.com/2014/08/03/bears-release-preseason-depth-chart/

Edited in by Rush

Culpfiction

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears have released their first unofficial depth chart in advance of Friday night's preseason opener against the Philadelphia Eagles at Soldier Field.

Jordan Palmer is listed as the No. 2 quarterback behind Jay Cutler and ahead of Jimmy Clausen and rookie sixth-round draft pick David Fales.

Marquess Wilson is second at one receiver position behind Brandon Marshall and ahead of Josh Bellamy, Chris Williams and Armanti Edwards. At the other spot, Eric Weems is second behind Alshon Jeffery and ahead of Josh Morgan, Micheal Spurlock and Dale Moss.

At running back, Shaun Draughn is second behind Matt Forte and ahead of Michael Ford, Ka’Deem Carey and Senorise Perry.

At tight end, Dante Rosario is second behind Martellus Bennett and ahead of Zach Miller, Matthew Mulligan and Jeron Mastrud.

On defense, Shea McClellin is listed as the starting strongside linebacker, while Jonathan Bostic and D.J. Williams are co-starters at middle linebacker.

Ryan Mundy is the starting strong safety ahead of Danny McCray, Adrian Wilson and Marcus Trice, while Brock Vereen is listed as the No. 1 free safety ahead of M.D. Jennings.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:

Shea McClellin is listed as the starting strongside linebacker

it-begins.gif

Reactions: 1ke

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Draughn really established himself as the 2nd RB in the past week at camp. Really nice guy to talk to, couldn't be happier. I think Ford will be the odd man out.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Wow David Bass has really fallen off from last season.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Probably the least meaningful depth chart in recent history.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Draughn really established himself as the 2nd RB in the past week at camp. Really nice guy to talk to, couldn't be happier. I think Ford will be the odd man out.

Especially if Ford keeps fumbling the ball like he has been in practice.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lookit Williams and Bostic both listed as the #1 MLB

BearDownZZ

Liked Posts:
All the news from camp seemed to really be blowing up Adrian Wilson and Danny McCray. Mundy doesn't surprise me, but Vereen as a starter is a good sign. I didn't see that coming.

When I was at camp on Thursday I kept seeing #38 getting the ball and he looked smooth catching it out of the backfield. I thought it was Carey at first and was surprised to see it was Draughn. Carey dropped the ball a few times that day.

The WR battle is still murky. They only had Williams and Spurlock returning punts at practice, so I figured one of them would make 3rd string. I guess preseason will be interesting for that returner spot.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
All the news from camp seemed to really be blowing up Adrian Wilson and Danny McCray. Mundy doesn't surprise me, but Vereen as a starter is a good sign. I didn't see that coming.

When I was at camp on Thursday I kept seeing #38 getting the ball and he looked smooth catching it out of the backfield. I thought it was Carey at first and was surprised to see it was Draughn. Carey dropped the ball a few times that day.

The WR battle is still murky. They only had Williams and Spurlock returning punts at practice, so I figured one of them would make 3rd string. I guess preseason will be interesting for that returner spot.
Man I really liked Ford but Draughn looks poised to snatch his spot. Draughn can return kicks and catch passes so the only thing Ford has going for him is speed/athleticism. Definitely something to look for in the preseason games.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am going to be disappointed if Ka'Deem Carey isn't the backup to Forte by the end of the pre-season. Also for all the praise being thrown at the safeties I have yet to hear about a single one of them making plays during camp. That sucks.

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am going to be disappointed if Ka'Deem Carey isn't the backup to Forte by the end of the pre-season. Also for all the praise being thrown at the safeties I have yet to hear about a single one of them making plays during camp. That sucks.

That is what stuck out most for me. Carey at 4th string...sigh

Jeff George

Liked Posts:

Sweat not Carey fans.

Once they hit the field against real opposition next week...Carey will LEAP FROG draughn fast.

Trust me on that.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:

that's cause the birdman aint hit the field yet SON

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
Kind of pulling for Jimmy to get the backup qb spot...