Bears rookie WR doesn’t think age matters

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Ball out or shut up, heard it all before

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Age does matter....it doesn't mean he won't have success. Only that his shelf life is shorter. But he won't be given the luxury to develop here anyways. It's boom or bust. Either perform now and show us something or we have plenty of cap space to replace him next year. We can't wait long with Justin on his rookie contract. We will likely spend big at receiver regardless. So take advantage now of the reps or you may not see the same value again while you are here.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Unfortunately, age does matter. Subjectively speaking, it seems like right around 28 is when the injuries start happening. I don't know what you have to do physically to avoid this as my hamstrings started pulling and stretching like worn rubber-bands around 28, but I didn't have the kind of physiological knowledge (or staff with the physiological knowledge) to avoid it. The best thing this young man can do is:

1. He needs to be personally offended if he misses an off-season workout with Fields. Heck I would even rent an apartment in Atlanta if I had to- anytime that QB wants someone to throw to, be like- "Let's go man, I'll meet you in 10 minutes."

2. Get a sprint coach and train with the track college track team. 100m, 200m, whatever workouts (and stretching) those guys are doing, that's what he should be doing.

3. Keep those hamstrings loose. Man hamstring injuries are almost as bad as knee injuries if your game is speed. Hamstring injuries are deceptive, because you can feel great at 80 or even 90 percent, and then when you try to burst you will re-injure it.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
He is still a rookie no matter what, so if he has some splash plays this year and plays ST, it will be a successful season. If he can manage to Break out in his second season at 26 and maintain good results at 27 and 28, he might get 1 nice contract for 2 years, but it will not be a mega deal.

He will need to learn to be a WR that has good routes and hands, but most of his game is based upon speed, so...........

Hope he beats the odds and has a good career, but the age is a factor for his future, and being a rookie is a factor for this year.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts: