Bears S&C Coach Jason George

BigBill

Liked Posts:
I haven't seen this addressed yet so here it is
It can be argued that the Bears poor record was due to the decimating injuries this year. Every week there were several key players out
When injuries are that extensive it is natural to look at the strength and conditioning coach, in the case Jason George. Prior to joining the
Bears he was an assistant S & C coach for the previous 6 years. Despite the movement of coaches there has been no evaluation of George.
Thoughts?

cobra302

Liked Posts:
I haven't seen this addressed yet so here it is
It can be argued that the Bears poor record was due to the decimating injuries this year. Every week there were several key players out
When injuries are that extensive it is natural to look at the strength and conditioning coach, in the case Jason George. Prior to joining the
Bears he was an assistant S & C coach for the previous 6 years. Despite the movement of coaches there has been no evaluation of George.
Thoughts?
I think you raise a very good point. While every team has injuries as the season wears on, the Bears usually seem to have an inordinate number of injuries, coupled with a lack of depth, making the situation even worse. I blame a lot of the problem on generally poor drafting along with poor choices in the Free Agent market, but I think the conditioning program may be suspect as well. It's a known fact that excessive injuries & a poor conditioning program go hand in hand.

TreedBear

Liked Posts:
These are professional athletes playing at ever increasing speeds. Injuries are going to happen. All a S&C coach should tell these guys is what they weigh, what the HC wants them to weigh, and where the weight room is.