Bears should have taken the top receiver on their board.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
People actually believe guys pick the “best player available”? Lol. They needed secondary help badly.

You realize that’s just something guys say so they can’t be accused of reaching? Of course it’s a balance between the best player and what you need. There is also importance of position, etc. lol at just thinking these guys have some positionless board they’re going down and just taking the next guy. If that was the case why hasn’t the San Diego St punter been taken yet? He’s basically a lock to be a pro bowl punter. He’s probably the best player available right now. Poles should trade up and get him. He should have went top 10. He’s arguably been the BPA for 40 something thing picks now, if not more.

Reactions: chi

FoCo

Liked Posts:
They should just listen to you right?
No. They could have started the run on wr. Also a position of need. They took a safety. If no wr's were picked until the Bears next pick it wouldn't have mattered. As it stands right now the Bears can still take the next safety off the board if they want.

FoCo

Liked Posts:
They selected two excellent DBs that start day 1 but we’re bitching. I like getting guys that can play. Do I want more help for Fields, yes but I want the best players period.
I'm not bitching. They got good players. But which one of the wr that went right after the Bears picked would not start day 1 on this team?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I'm not bitching. They got good players. But which one of the wr that went right after the Bears picked would not start day 1 on this team?
They would only start if we go 3 wide. And that’s a maybe…

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
No. They could have started the run on wr. Also a position of need. They took a safety. If no wr's were picked until the Bears next pick it wouldn't have mattered. As it stands right now the Bears can still take the next safety off the board if they want.

at this point does it really matter if you get the 13th wr off the board now or the 20th later?

I understand the position is deep this draft. But the position as a whole feels extremely overvalued right now. I get it’s the rule changes and emphasis on the passing game and all that. A lot of these guys look rail thin for football players. No wonder they’re ruining such fast 40’s. They don’t have to keep the weight to survive they used to. I’m going off on a bit of a rant here. But it looks like we’re in the middle of this huge overvaluing of wr’s. The postion looks like it’s becoming easier to play. I’m not sure getting in the middle of this wr bubble is the best thing. I also get that they need wr‘s. All my bs I just posted is great and all but they need somebody other than Mooney. I get it. I’m just not sure jumping in the mosh pit and doing things like using their second round pick on thr 14th wr is the best move. Idk though.

Last edited:

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Why does that matter?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
How is it a reach when 4 wr literally went right after the Bears picked?
They obviously drafted guys they ranked as better players. They needed a second outside corner and a safety. Both of these guys will start day 1. Brisker is a beast that plays hard and smart. Gordon is a guy I mentioned this morning as a good get if available.

There are still good players available.

FoCo

Liked Posts:
They obviously drafted guys they ranked as better players. They needed a second outside corner and a safety. Both of these guys will start day 1. Brisker is a beast that plays hard and smart. Gordon is a guy I mentioned this morning as a good get if available.

There are still good players available.
I hope safety isn't the best player available on their board for the rest of the rounds.

puckthefackers

Liked Posts:
any of those 4 WRs would have instantly become the #2 WR behind Mooney. WRs be coming in and lighting shit up as rookies now

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I hope safety isn't the best player available on their board for the rest of the rounds.
I think they go o line or WR next. So it will be Winfrey

FoCo

Liked Posts:
Would everyone be happier with one of the 4 wr taken after the Bears 48th pick and best safety at 71 or everybody happier with this?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Would everyone be happier with one of the 4 wr taken after the Bears 48th pick and best safety at 71 or everybody happier with this?
I’d be happier if you stop acting like you know exactly how all these players will turn out…

• Yawn
Reactions: Myk

Decatur Staley

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:

You’re right… But not everyone understands game theory. No point in arguing.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
You’re right… But not everyone understands game theory. No point in arguing.

explain to me why it would have been the correct move through game theory.

I have a hard time believing a run of players which often results in teams reaching for need because of the psychological fear of not being able to get a guy at the position correlates with correct game theory.

I also have a hard time believing the huge run early on WR’s didn’t kill the value of the position. There had already been 9 taken at that point. But correct game theory would have been to take one because there was a run afterwards? The position is so obviously overvalued as a whole right now.

Last edited: