Bears sign CB Tre Roberson (CFL)

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
None of us have any idea how good this player is though. Is it that far-fetched to think he's coming in as something akin to a second or third round pick? Seems there was a lot of interest from many teams.

I know how good (or bad) the CFL is....

look, I hope he works out. I’m just hoping he makes the roster. And not just because he got guaranteed money.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If 9 other teams were interested, there is obviously talent there. Just becomes a question if its starter-level talent(unlikely) or decent depth(more likely scenario)

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If 9 other teams were interested, there is obviously talent there. Just becomes a question if its starter-level talent(unlikely) or decent depth(more likely scenario)

I'm sure there were at least 9 teams interested in Kevin White....

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

kg1187

Liked Posts:
I remember Phil Emery hyping up CFL star Chris Davis like he had just added a third or fourth round pick to the roster for almost nothing. Same energy in this thread.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
This signifies that Prince is done. I like what I saw from Tolliver last year , too. Hopefully they can get creative in getting a SS so Jackson can go back to FS

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I remember Phil Emery hyping up CFL star Chris Davis like he had just added a third or fourth round pick to the roster for almost nothing. Same energy in this thread.

I remember Rams hyping up Kurt Warner as if they found a franchise QB. Nether he or Davis is particularly relevant as past failures or successful of completely different GMs dont tell us much about now.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I remember Rams hyping up Kurt Warner as if they found a franchise QB. Nether he or Davis is particularly relevant as past failures or successful of completely different GMs dont tell us much about now.

This.

kg1187

Liked Posts:

That hype only started after Warner started producing in the NFL because the Rams signed Trent Green as their day one starter.

Classic off-season homer stuff. Replacing long time proven starters with total unknowns at the NFL level. Most of the time these types of swaps results in vast down grades on the field come September but until then they will be hyped as 'value' signings.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
100 bucks says Nagy will be lining up 2 QB sets with Trub and Roberson kinda like Brees and Hill.

That highlight video of Roberson playing QB looks nasty. Especially the RPO keepers. Trubisky, Roberson, and Montgomery in the backfield. Who does the defense key on?

Stick C.Patterson and T.Cohen in there as well.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
1) How much will he get vs. Amuk? Or how much savings does add to the cap? Not saying he'll start, but CB now seems to not be a FA need. Can still draft another & let best win.

2) Curious why he chose CHI? Best chance to start? Likes what Bears are doing? Wanted to return to Midwest? Likes deep dish pizza? Hopefully a good sign sought after FAs still want to come to Halas.

They're saying he'll be the highest paid CFL to NFL player since C.Wake and Wake got 4 years and $4.9 mil.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They're saying he'll be the highest paid CFL to NFL player since C.Wake and Wake got 4 years and $4.9 mil.

If Belichek was willing to throw him a few million(NE has the best secondary in the league), then I'm going to lean toward that the kid can play. Maybe not at a starter level but for depth. If this is the best move Pace has this offseason, then next year will be a disaster.

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Cannot really find much tape on his years in Canada.

Either way depth or not, this is very creative (Hopefully good creative.) The entire league fleeced once again by the one and only.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Shelley looked fantastic and Skrine showed his value. Shelley will only get better.

I think we got lucky with Shelley and Tolliver coming to us for a total of a 6th round pick. WOW!!! Besides the Illinois St connection this gives the Bears the luxury green light to take another shot like this.

We have a #1, and 3 guys worthy of a look at #2. Thats good enough for me, plus a bonafide starting nickel.

I think our corner depth is fantastic now and allows us to draft o-line, WR, TE, LB, or S and per usual Bears probably address 2-3 of those on day one of free agency.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Guys guys...... I'M SORRY. Pace signed a guy..... SO IT HAS TO BE A FUCKING GENIUS MOVE. Again, my apologies. All hail the gawd king Ryan Pace!

Lol...I'm with you all the way on this one.

Look...he'll make the team, but he shouldn't factor in on Prince being dumped and definitely shouldn't be penciled in as a starter.

Just think....last season Pace and Nagy hand picked Mike Davis as a clear upgrade to Jordan Howard....LMFAO!

He had more "wiggle" they said...lol.

kg1187

Liked Posts:
Lol...I'm with you all the way on this one.

Look...he'll make the team, but he shouldn't factor in on Prince being dumped and definitely shouldn't be penciled in as a starter.

Just think....last season Pace and Nagy hand picked Mike Davis as a clear upgrade to Jordan Howard....LMFAO!

He had more "wiggle" they said...lol.

Exactly. He's a depth signing. Maybe now they don't need to take a CB with one of their later picks.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Slapping around the idiots. Doing God's work Remy.