Bears sign CB Tre Roberson (CFL)

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yes let's keep an average CB with declining talent and extensive injury history and hope he takes a pay cut. If Pace moved on from Sitton, Slauson at their age while they were still performing, he's definitely moving on from Prince at $9million. If Prince stays on a pay cut, it should be a drastic salary reduction.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
What are you? 12?
He's one of the biggest idiot trolls on the board. Did I hurt your feelings cause I called your little buddy an idiot? Why the fuck do you care what I say to another poster? Stick to assuming every player the Bears get will suck, you seem to be good at that.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I think so. I must have said something that triggered him ages ago and he still hasn't gotten overy it. Life is too short.
Just simply pointing out your stupidity. Evidently I pissed your boyfriend off by doing that.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol...I'm with you all the way on this one.

Look...he'll make the team, but he shouldn't factor in on Prince being dumped and definitely shouldn't be penciled in as a starter.

Just think....last season Pace and Nagy hand picked Mike Davis as a clear upgrade to Jordan Howard....LMFAO!

He had more "wiggle" they said...lol.
Prince already factored into Prince being dumped.
Some of us just think he is a cap casualty.
I'm actually ambivalent if they keep him regardless of Roberson.

Roberson for me changes the need to draft one, but I guess if a certain CB fell to you you had the highest grade on and thought was going to be great...sure. Don't let Amukamara OR Roberson stop you from drafting the future at an important position!

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
He's one of the biggest idiot trolls on the board. Did I hurt your feelings cause I called your little buddy an idiot? Why the fuck do you care what I say to another poster? Stick to assuming every player the Bears get will suck, you seem to be good at that.

ohh slick... you took the bait...

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not gonna say this guy will be a starter or anything but I like the signing. Isnt Paganos best attribute as a D coach his work with secondaries?

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Vaguely remember him at Indiana. Fine pick up, hope it works out.

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He was a QB. Its a big switch. He went there to learn the craft and prove himself, and turned himself into the best prospect in the league (very quickly I should add).

We get him! It could still take time or maybe his athleticism transcends the growing pains. Woods was the CFL hero last year and we got him too and he is still finding his NFL legs.

But Roberson has "football player" written all over his physicality and field awareness. I like the way he moves into contact.

The man looks like an enforcer on the edge, although against lesser talent..still impressive.

What was Calgary' defensive scheme? Seems some of his highlights seem to be him coming off of zone for picks.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think so. I must have said something that triggered him ages ago and he still hasn't gotten overy it. Life is too short.

To be fair your question was stupid as it has been mentioned repeatedly in this thread that he played QB in college and was moving to CB.

So either you didnt bother reading the thread or you were trolling and so got a troll's response.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Prince already factored into Prince being dumped.
Some of us just think he is a cap casualty.
I'm actually ambivalent if they keep him regardless of Roberson.

Roberson for me changes the need to draft one, but I guess if a certain CB fell to you you had the highest grade on and thought was going to be great...sure. Don't let Amukamara OR Roberson stop you from drafting the future at an important position!

Reality is this just means they dont hace to reach for a CB but if CB is BPA then by all means draft one.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
They can still certainly draft a CB as Remy said. This just goes to the theory that Pace likes to be flexible in the draft.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Got to wonder how the defense reacts to their qualified successes being eroded to patch up a malfunctioning offense under a no2 pick QB and offensive genius HC.

Good luck to Roberson. Sounds like it's worth a punt and not saying I would do any different but if they say goodbye to Prince and Trevathan to bring in a Dalton, that's going to be a tough sell in the locker room?

What is the spend on O vs D? D getting paid the most money and so far zero playoff wins so if rebalancing that money leads to better O and better playoff chances then so be it.

Now of course the reason for zero wins is O but O is so bad in part because we havent spent as much on it so D cant have their cake and eat it too. Either they good enough to carry the O or we need to take money from the D to fix the O.

Although cant imagine they have any right to be pissy when the 23 million dollar stud pass rusher finishes with less than 10 sacks and Floyd will be on of highest paid players on Bears with below average production. Them of course there is the supposed stud ILB drsft pick injured and outplayed by Kwia.

So me thinks D needs to look in mirror first.

Last edited:

Beardown11

Liked Posts:
He's got good ball anticipation skills, probably from his years of playing QB. Not sure about his speed though; with his size and play anticipation, he looks like he'd be an excellent safety. CB, not so sure about. I am happy to be wrong if he comes in and ends up being a shutdown corner ?
ISU pro day he ran a 4.52 so not terrible. Sherman ran a 4.56 at the combine so even if they fudged his pro day numbers a bit he's in that speed range. Not comparing him to Sherman as a corner just the speed. I like the way he tackles and finishes that's for sure. I hope he can come in and contribute in some way, be a good story.