Bears sign DL DeMarcus Walker from Titans

Montucky

Liked Posts:
You're either rolling into the season with Trevis Gipson and Dominique Robinson as your starters at defensive end, or Braxton Jones and Teven Jenkins as your starters at offensive tackle. The Bears can only draft one guy at ninth overall and those late second round picks are pretty poor bets to make an immediate impact.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
good signing... Some flexibility here. can DT or DE.

Now get Yannick and fill the tub with rookies..

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
You're either rolling into the season with Trevis Gipson and Dominique Robinson as your starters at defensive end, or Braxton Jones and Teven Jenkins as your starters at offensive tackle. The Bears can only draft one guy at ninth overall and those late second round picks are pretty poor bets to make an immediate impact.
Yeah, it sucks that the only day to sign people in free agency is today.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You don't rebuild the worst roster in the NFL in one off-season. If you're expecting every position group to be fixed immediately you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Did people expect all pros with every FA signing? Poles is here to build a sustained contender not blow their load on a win now FA haul. This isn't the Rams of two years ago. You need to fill holes with competent bodies while you build a roster through the draft. I would be very surprised if both a DT and DE aren't among the first four picks.

Yep. Every year.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
You don't rebuild the worst roster in the NFL in one off-season. If you're expecting every position group to be fixed immediately you're setting yourself up for disappointment.
The Bears could win the Super Bowl and MiniDickey would come back here with negativity and criticism. That’s just who he is as a troll.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Is this your first time on CCS?

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
What were your 2 weakest position groups coming into FA?

Obviously your point is true but imo they needed 4 new DL, and 3-4 new OL.

You can’t do all that in 1 season as you have said … so far looks like Poles has added a guard that might be a long term solution but currently signed to a short term deal. Yes it’s early, still plenty of time in FA, draft hasn’t happened, but the bears need a C, a RT, a 3t, a 5t, an edge rusher …. I would’ve liked to have seen one solid signing at these positions ??‍♂️

Edit: not each position but maybe having acquired a C, an RT, or a 3t.

greg23

Liked Posts:
7 mil per
Always been a backup/rotational piece
Coming off career year
At this point, the best de on the roster

What could go wrong

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What were your 2 weakest position groups coming into FA?

Obviously your point is true but imo they needed 4 new DL, and 3-4 new OL.

You can’t do all that in 1 season as you have said … so far looks like Poles has added a guard that might be a long term solution but currently signed to a short term deal. Yes it’s early, still plenty of time in FA, draft hasn’t happened, but the bears need a C, a RT, a 3t, a 5t, an edge rusher …. I would’ve liked to have seen one solid signing at these positions ??‍♂️

Edit: not each position but maybe having acquired a C, an RT, or a 3t.
They didn’t need 3 to 4 new OL meatball. Nate Davis is a solid signing on the OL.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
They didn’t need 3 to 4 new OL meatball. Nate Davis is a solid signing on the OL.
Needed**** I mean geeze sorry I have a critique of the off season lol chill out. Don’t rip your dick off to a single moderately negative comment.

Going into the year I thought they needed a whitehair replacement, a center, a RT at minimum.

I’m cautiously optimistic to the Davis signing though I’m incredibly uncertain where he’s going to play or how the line shifts

greg23

Liked Posts:
Like Davis....but isn't he primarily a RG?

Who are they moving and where to?

Jenkins to LG or RT (he's more comfortable on the right but can he play tackle) or Davis to LG (can he play the left side)