Bears sign Ifedi

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Typical Pace move that frees him to draft BPA.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He has 59 penalties with 53 accepted in his 4 year career. Massie has 37 with 32 accepted in about 2,700 more snaps played.

In short he is a body. Wouldnt exepect him to start unless he significantly improved as he is pretty terrible.

Although looks like he was better at RG his rookie yeah so maybe he was playing out of place as a RT and may be better at RG.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
He has 59 penalties with 53 accepted in his 4 year career. Massie has 37 with 32 accepted in about 2,700 more snaps played.

In short he is a body. Wouldnt exepct him to start unless he significantly improved as he is pretty terrible.
I hear you. Nothing wrong with some camp competition, and nothing wrong with a swing tackle who started 16 games last year at Tackle. Better than I thought Pace could come up with.

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The man has experience to push for that G spot and that's what we need right now. Gonna be a hell of a competition at RG / CB2 / and SS to look forward too.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I hear you. Nothing wrong with some camp competition, and nothing wrong with a swing tackle who started 16 games last year at Tackle. Better than I thought Pace could come up with.

Yeah and like I said it seems he was better at RG at least from a run blocking and penalty perspective. So maybe he is better in tight quarters as opposed to out in space where he gets grabby and more prone to missing blocks.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Hopefully Pace will stop using that strategy during the draft.

Busts happen, the only overdraft he's ever had was shaheen and that was because there was a run at the position. Shaheen was legit the only guy left with a 2nd/3rd round grade.

It's not like he's picking a guy 10 picks too early just to spite the packers like Emery did with Shea.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Except he usually doesn't get the best player sadly

Shit happens, once again.

You morons act like you could do better. Always easy to criticize someone AFTER the fact.

Trubisky was a flop, I blame him for that one. Watson wasn't graded much lower coming out.

White was the no brainer 1st round pick. Everyone had him slotted to us. Everyone.
Floyd was the best defensive player available by far in a draft where we desperately needed defense.
Shaheen, read up above.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers

In short he is a body. Wouldnt exepct him to start unless he significantly improved as he is pretty terrible.

Russell bails out of the pocket so much I'm surprised their OL doesn't lead the league in penalties every year. Plus he has a girly mid pitch voice on the snap count playing in the loudest stadium, unlike Foles' deep thunderous bellow.

... Joking on the 2nd part.

Leno had the same amount of penalties as Ifedi in '19 with 12...

msadows

Liked Posts:
BPA in the draft doesn't always end up BPA in the NFL.

It's why its a college draft, and not a fantasy draft.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Russell bails out of the pocket so much I'm surprised their OL doesn't lead the league in penalties every year. Plus he has a girly mid pitch voice on the snap count playing in the loudest stadium, unlike Foles' deep thunderous bellow.

So what you are saying is that we are fucked and gonna be the most penalized team in NFL history?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Shit happens, once again.

You morons act like you could do better. Always easy to criticize someone AFTER the fact.

Trubisky was a flop, I blame him for that one. Watson wasn't graded much lower coming out.

White was the no brainer 1st round pick. Everyone had him slotted to us. Everyone.
Floyd was the best defensive player available by far in a draft where we desperately needed defense.
Shaheen, read up above.

I could.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Yeah but Massie only had 4. Ifedi also had 19 in 2018. Dont really think he had the feet for LT so he is most likely a RG who can play RT.