Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
knock off the 5 year crap, Pace inherited a crap roster that was OLD. He had to turn over most of the roster.

That was a statement of fact. You are free to discount however many years you feel like but the fact is he has had one playoff appearance in 5 years. That is the truth so there is nothing to knock off. If you want to ignore the first however many years then I really don't care but let's not pretend like teams don't rebuild faster. Lynch took over the Niners and had them in the SB in year 3. The same Lynch Bears fans were laughing at a few years ago. The fact is the reason why it isn't more than once in 5 years is because Pace fucked up most if not all of his first round picks.

I am trying to think of a GM that has gotten less out of 4 consecutive top 10 picks than Pace. If the main point of the early years of a rebuild is to tank and get high picks then Pace has completely fucked that strategy up by missing on all those top 10 picks. So you want me to let those early years slide when he has failed at taking advantage of them by hitting on the top 10 picks they provided him with. We pretty much have nothing to show for all that losing in terms of actual great players taken in the top 10.

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Not sure how to feel about this signing until we see the contract numbers. I'll worry less about all those penalties if it was a bargain signing. Not sure if the 1 year deal means that.

He was the 5th best free agent available on Kevin Seifert's list before we signed him. Whatever that means

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
knock off the 5 year crap, Pace inherited a crap roster that was OLD. He had to turn over most of the roster.

Some just won't ever be able to get it man. They hate Pace after the team regressing last year and a few have hated him from the beginning for some odd reason.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It is not odd at all. Again, you lose early in a rebuild to stock up top 10 draft picks.

White - Monumental bust
Floyd - Minor bust that didn't survive for 2nd contract with Bears
Trubs - Monumental bust right now
Smith - Jury still out but looks like a role player not a star at this point.

I would be happy to let the rebuilding years slide if we actually acquired top end talent with the picks we received. We did not. We wasted those years by blowing thru for top 10 picks so not sure who should get the blame if not the GM. I mean I guess I could blame God for making Kevin White out of glass.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
Smith was on a road of destruction until he got hurt. He has what it takes to be a top ilb in the NFL.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It is not odd at all. Again, you lose early in a rebuild to stock up top 10 draft picks.

White - Monumental bust

I would be happy to let the rebuilding years slide if we actually acquired top end talent with the picks we received. We did not. We wasted those years by blowing thru for top 10 picks so not sure who should get the blame if not the GM. I mean I guess I could blame God for making Kevin White out of glass.

Hahaha Smith a role player....SMDH.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

White - Monumental bust

You and I will be fighting about smith to the end of the season.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
No Darnold doesn't prove the point. The data was compiled not including Darnold because Darnold wasn't in the NFL yet. The point was to review college ints vs NFL success to see if college interceptions were a predictor. They were not because you have guys like Darnold whose int rate goes up and then you have guys like Watson whose int rate goes down. Mahomes rate has also gone done as it was only 1% last year.

Yes your article was only about 1 year so there is not much of a sample size, and the article you posted was specifically about Darnold.. someone who had an increase in INT in the Pros. So the article you posted really doesnt support your side of the argument. If you have data that has multiple years that show the same thing then I would love to read it. Because everything I have always read is that because the NFL is faster, QBs will struggle with INTs coming into the NFL

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:

White - Monumental bust

With the exception of Roquan, his first round picks have not worked out. But not all of the blame goes on Pace.
White-filled an area of need and nearly everyone had him as a top 10 prospect. Injuries weren’t something Pace could predict.
Floyd-I’m a UGA fan, and I didn’t like the pick. He was never a pure pass rusher even in college. That said, the pick wasn’t a reach. Just wish we would have gotten Tunsil.
Smith-good pick.
Mitch-100% on Pace and he may lose his job over it when all is said and done.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:

the nfl.com draft profiles are still out there, mitch is at 6.31, he would be the number 4 qb this season...I read a writeup where an analyst said the Chiefs made a grave error trading up for Mahomes who may never become a starter. I was comparing Jalen Hurts draft profile to trubisky's class, they're saying the same about Hurts, possible starter but a backup initially....they gushed about trubisky's accuracy. The comp for Watson was Marcus Mariota and for Trubisky was Matt Stafford. We'll see how Watson does this year without the best WR in football to throw to. IMO had Trubisky gone before bears picked they would have picked Watson and still not mahomes or we could have just rolled with the giraffe for a couple years...i'm sure some of you own his replica jersey

Dick Butka

Liked Posts:
Shit happens, once again.

You morons act like you could do better. Always easy to criticize someone AFTER the fact.

Trubisky was a flop, I blame him for that one. Watson wasn't graded much lower coming out.

White was the no brainer 1st round pick. Everyone had him slotted to us. Everyone.
Floyd was the best defensive player available by far in a draft where we desperately needed defense.
Shaheen, read up above.

Stop defending his first round picks. Theyre subpar. "Shit" must have been happening to the Bears in the first round since they drafted Urlacher.

"Everyone had him slotted to us." That means jack shit. That market exists because of a bunch of bored dumb fucks.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bears fans love to overrate their guys.

Roquan has been the 46th and 75th ranked LB in NFL his first 2 years. Kwia was ranked 16 last year and DT 44th. The only thing he appears to excel in is tackling as he ranks 11th in tacking.

And yes I get people will blame that on PFF but Kwia actually had a similar passer rating against than Roquan at 85.8 vs 86.1. The same Kwia people say sucks in coverage.

Roquan is an average to slightly above average starter at best right now hence the role player designation. He is staying afloat mainly on talent as he still gets lost out there quite a bit. He just can minimize the damage of doing so because of his physical gifts.

In any event if the best you can do with 4 top 10 picks in a row is Roquan then you failed as a GM. Go look at what other teams with multiple top 10 picks were able to get and compare.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?teamId=4500&type=team

You can search for teams and check yourself. The Niners for example got Bosa and Buckner in the top 10. That is two guys that are bonafide studs right now. That is why they went to the SB and we fizzled out without winning a playoff game.

They are actually few teams that were as bad as the Bears to get 4 top 10 picks in a row but we somehow managed to come out worse than all of them. Even if you want to just look at teams last 4 first round picks in general, the Bears are among the worst. Bellichek may in fact be worse but he has 6 rings weighing down his hands so no one cares. Other than him though just about every other team has done better with their last 4 1st round picks.

So if we giving him a pass for those rebuilding years, let's look honestly at what we got in return for that losing. Those returns have been terrible in terms of top 10 picks even if you hype up the one guy that is doing decently.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes your article was only about 1 year so there is not much of a sample size, and the article you posted was specifically about Darnold.. someone who had an increase in INT in the Pros. So the article you posted really doesnt support your side of the argument. If you have data that has multiple years that show the same thing then I would love to read it. Because everything I have always read is that because the NFL is faster, QBs will struggle with INTs coming into the NFL

That article is more than you have presented to defend your point. There was a similar article done during the 2017 draft as again the same discussion came up around Watson. Several of us argued back then that Ints are not a predictor of success in the NFL so no I am not surprised Watson's ints declined. There was never any statistical correlation.

Perhaps you should provide evidence of your claim beyond your anecdotes. All the data seems to suggest is the bad QBs struggle and the good QBs succeed regardless of their Int rate in college.