greg23

Liked Posts:
Good signing

Gives us some insurance depth in case another rb gets injured

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Obviously, there are issues. Else he would not PS.
I like the idea of a quality vet back, so I'm rooting for the kid to regain some form.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I like the fact that he's terrific catching ball out of the backfield, something that only Cohen did with any real competence .
Agree with others here that are questioning his health.....seems like the PS is pretty big step back for him. Most bounce back from an ACL these days but some don't.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I remember him having some big runs against the Bears a few years back. Can't remember if it was with the Texans or Dolphins.

He's got 4.3 speed, which would make him the fastest RB on the roster. I think he's a good replacement for Cohen. Pierce is too slow, in my opinion.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I remember him having some big runs against the Bears a few years back. Can't remember if it was with the Texans or Dolphins.

He's got 4.3 speed, which would make him the fastest RB on the roster. I think he's a good replacement for Cohen. Pierce is too slow, in my opinion.

I highly doubt Miller still runs a 4.3.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers

Pierce ran a 4.4 a few months ago

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Would have wished we gave a PS spot to Tavien Feaster who is young and may have some upside.

I've never been high on Miller during his time in the NFL. He never looked impressive to me and never really stood out for anything. But I'll give him credit as he has much better stats than I thought. Out of 7 years in the NFL he has averaged had 4.0+ YPA in 6 of them. He's also contributed to 1,100 total scrimmage yards in 5 of those seasons.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I like the fact that he's terrific catching ball out of the backfield, something that only Cohen did with any real competence .
Agree with others here that are questioning his health.....seems like the PS is pretty big step back for him. Most bounce back from an ACL these days but some don't.

And his ACL tear happened during the preseason last year and i actually think it was the first preseason game but not 100% on that but he should be 100% or very close to it by now.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:

what stupid shit is this ?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
And his ACL tear happened during the preseason last year and i actually think it was the first preseason game but not 100% on that but he should be 100% or very close to it by now.
He had an MCL as well. Makes it a bit tougher.

Spankypants

Liked Posts:

Monty has great hands and is excellent receiving/YAC. Should be seeing more of it now that Trub won't be forcing balls into double coverage.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He had an MCL as well. Makes it a bit tougher.

Would you say it makes it tougher though? Even though it's obviously more to recover from the timetable for recovering from each is still at most a year or right around that with some players coming back before a year and the others are right around that year mark. The MCL is actually less recovery time. My point is even if with it being a ACL and MCL that the recovery time for both are past that time with Miller.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Monty has great hands and is excellent receiving/YAC. Should be seeing more of it now that Trub won't be forcing balls into double coverage.

This is what i'm saying. Even though bringing on Miller, even if it's just on the PS as of now, the hope for me is we never have any reason to actually bring him up because Monty can be that 3 down RB who can also catch the ball out of the backfield. The reason he hasn't done it much is because Cohen is so dangerous with the ball in his hands so they always used him for that. Monty has not only shown he can catch the ball but has shown he's good at catching the ball so give the guy a chance.

Hopefully they can also slowly work A.Pierce into the offense and he can show that he belongs in the NFL cause he can not only catch the ball but can also run up the middle.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Would you say it makes it tougher though? Even though it's obviously more to recover from the timetable for recovering from each is still at most a year or right around that with some players coming back before a year and the others are right around that year mark. The MCL is actually less recovery time. My point is even if with it being a ACL and MCL that the recovery time for both are past that time with Miller.
I would say it's tougher, because the two work in tandem and it's a more serious injury to have both torn than one.

That said, who knows what the recovery time actually will be? Everyone is different. He's got some significant wear and tear on his body so I'm guess getting back to full strength could take him a bit longer than average.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I would say it's tougher, because the two work in tandem and it's a more serious injury to have both torn than one.

That said, who knows what the recovery time actually will be? Everyone is different. He's got some significant wear and tear on his body so I'm guess getting back to full strength could take him a bit longer than average.

Are you sure he tore both cause all i'm seeing is it was his ACL? I guess some of these guys are only talking about the ACL since it's the more significant but you would think they'd bring up both if that's what it was.

Profile photo, opens profile page on Twitter in a new tab

Tom Pelissero

@TomPelissero

With Tarik Cohen out for the season, the #Bears get some depth with Miller, the former #Dolphins and #Texans star who has been working his way back from an ACL tear last August.

Aaron Wilson

@AaronWilson_NFL

Bears are signing former Texans running back Lamar Miller to the practice squad, league source confirms. Miller, who's recovered from a torn ACL suffered last August in preseason game against Cowboys, could face his former team in December

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Are you sure he tore both cause all i'm seeing is it was his ACL? I guess some of these guys are only talking about the ACL since it's the more significant but you would think they'd bring up both if that's what it was.

Profile photo, opens profile page on Twitter in a new tab
Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero

With Tarik Cohen out for the season, the #Bears get some depth with Miller, the former #Dolphins and #Texans star who has been working his way back from an ACL tear last August.

Aaron Wilson
@AaronWilson_NFL

Bears are signing former Texans running back Lamar Miller to the practice squad, league source confirms. Miller, who's recovered from a torn ACL suffered last August in preseason game against Cowboys, could face his former team in December

Yes.