Bears sign OLB Robert Quinn 5 years 70 million

TL1961

Liked Posts:
First (meatball) thought - WOW, Bears have THE best front 7 in whole NFL (plus Fuller & Jackson which then probably makes it THE best defense).

I mean, Hicks, Mack, Quinn, Goldman, Roquan, Trevathan & Nichols, that's crazy good.

But then, then you take a hard look at it and see lots of underlying issues:

1. Quinn excelled as 4-3DE, and was rather ineffective as 3-4 OLB

2. He topped 10 sacks in his contract year (was below that number in 4 prior years), plus potential age combined with durability issues

3. Waaaaay too much resources spent on D side of football while for example O-Line just plain sucks (RG and OT issues)

4. With Floyd cut, Pace record with 6 1st round picks - 1 hit (Roquan), 2 traded away (for Mack), 3 busts (White, Floyd, Trubisky), that's just putrid and severely affects the Cap (that's why Bears have Cap issues right now)
Quinn will pressure the QB opposite Mack and that was something sorely missing. Pretending he was only good in a contract year is way off base.

What's the total cap hit are we taking this year due to White and Floyd?

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I don't get the comments such as "If they don't get a QB, it's same old Bears".

No, it is Bears still lacking at QB, but improved on D. Not the same.

People mean historically. Add up the seasons we've had a bottom half offense with a big ? at QB and a top half defense. It's basically all of them.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
People mean historically. Add up the seasons we've had a bottom half offense with a big ? at QB and a top half defense. It's basically all of them.
I understand the Bears history. I have witnessed my share of it.

I understand wanting to improve the offense. What I don't understand is meatballs complaining when the team improves the D. Would you rather have a bad O and a decent D, or a great D? Improvement is improvement.

Unfortunately, I have zero faith that the Graham signing is a noticable improvement.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I admittedly am one of Flos biggest fans on the site (flame away Im too old to care). I thought he was both a hell of a player, while being pretty shitty at rushing the passer. He always played hard and for some reason showed up against GB.

But..... we move on, welcome Robert. A good move.

Also, glad to see many of you are still around.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Double team rate as an edge (x) by pass rush win rate as an edge (y) for the 2019 regular season.<br><br>PRWR = rate pass rusher beats blocker in 2.5 seconds.<br><br>ESPN metrics, NFL Next Gen Stats data. <a href="https://t.co/zJagMBty3Y">pic.twitter.com/zJagMBty3Y</a></p>&mdash; Seth Walder (@SethWalder) <a href=" ">December 30, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts: