Bears sign OLB Robert Quinn 5 years 70 million

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I cant see how this was the need for the team. All this tells me is Pace is on the hot seat!
Not a need? This board has been clamoring for a pass rusher opposite Mack for 2 years. Now I'll admit, I would have gone with O line in Free Agency over D line, but this was a need most of us whined about during the season as Mack was getting double and triple teamed.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Not a need? This board has been clamoring for a pass rusher opposite Mack for 2 years. Now I'll admit, I would have gone with O line in Free Agency over D line, but this was a need most of us whined about during the season as Mack was getting double and triple teamed.
Yeah. That’s called protecting your investment.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hargrave isn't on PIT anymore, and Dupree was good for one year of four. Alualu has also not been great for most of his career.

My bad on Hargrave. Still shows up on the depth chart on ESPN. Dupree and Alualu still have much better peak years than RRH, Smith, and Trevathan. And removing Hargrave still leaves 6 in top 55 (Watt, Heyward, Williams, Dupree and Alualu) in 2019 compared to just 1 for the Bears (Mack).

I mean Watt, Heyward and Tuit are pretty much studs at their respect positions. 2 of those guys are 27 or younger. If we talking on paper, I don't see how anyone can reasonably put the Bears ahead of Pit as Bears have more question marks than Pit and Pit has more recent success collectively in terms of how well those players performed last season.

Basically the only way to rank the Bears higher would be to assume that everyone goes right for the Bears while the bulk of the Steelers front 7 regresses. It could happen of course but again if we talking on paper, right now Steelers are ahead.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Bears fans must not watch a lot of other teams games.

My bad on Hargrave. Still shows up on the depth chart on ESPN. Dupree and Alualu still have much better peak years than RRH, Smith, and Trevathan. And removing Hargrave still leaves 6 in top 55 (Watt, Heyward, Williams, Dupree and Alualu) in 2019 compared to just 1 for the Bears (Mack).

I mean Watt, Heyward and Tuit are pretty much studs at their respect positions. 2 of those guys are 27 or younger. If we talking on paper, I don't see how anyone can reasonably put the Bears ahead of Pit as Bears have more question marks than Pit and Pit has more recent success collectively in terms of how well those players performed last season.

Basically the only way to rank the Bears higher would be to assume that everyone goes right for the Bears while the bulk of the Steelers front 7 regresses. It could happen of course but again if we talking on paper, right now Steelers are ahead.

Pittsburgh is good, so are the Bears - I never said the Bears would be better. But extrapolating one year of stats, wherever those come from, into the future isn't really a great metric for what will happen next year imo. Two of those Steelers had career years, and the Bears underperformed and were more injured than the previous year. My guess is both will be really good.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Pittsburgh is good, so are the Bears - I never said the Bears would be better. But extrapolating one year of stats, wherever those come from, into the future isn't really a great metric for what will happen next year imo. Two of those Steelers had career years, and the Bears underperformed and were more injured than the previous year. My guess is both will be really good.

I also looked at 2018 so really 2 years of data but yes I agree it isn't a great metric but the individual said on paper so that is really the only metric that would make sense unless you just want to be a homer and assume everything breaks right for the Bears while the Pit guys regress.

On paper (again what modo said), the Pitt front 7 has had more recent success as a unit and has 6 players that were great last year. On paper the Bears have more injury risk and more guys who have yet to post anything really resembling a career year.

Having said that, the Bears could be better but as I said far too early to go around calling them the best when others have actually been better based on an objective look at their actual recent performance. Bears fans tend to overestimate their players.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
If Mack doesn't end up with at least 15 sacks next year, you have to consider the trade a bust with this move.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He'd be your best LBer immediately

Walter Football gave the signing a D grade, says he is awful in a 3-4. He didnt have good stats in a 3-4 but he also only played in 17 out of 32 games

We don’t play a 3-4.

70% of the time we play 4-3 and Pagano rarely has his edge guys standing up.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What's the cap situation and any word on an OG addition?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
so let me guess!! everyone loves pace all of a sudden for the time being..

He has shown that he doesn't have an ego. But his offense is still a mess. And is awful at evaluating QB's and TE's

TL1961

Liked Posts:
If the money is nearly a wash, and Quinn is an upgrade, how can anyone be upset with the signing? Oh yeah...this is CCS
Yeah, I don't get the comments such as "If they don't get a QB, it's same old Bears".

No, it is Bears still lacking at QB, but improved on D. Not the same.