Bears sign purchase agreement for Arlington Park

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
Here's your winningest team in NFL history, something Packers fans will get to say in a few weeks.
No one under the age of 60 cares about the most HOFs or 9 championships thing. When you're the oldest team in the league, you should have the most HOFers and they won 8 of those championships when there was like 10-12 teams in the NFL. Very impressive! How many people on this board watched the 1940s Bears?
What have the done for me lately? Zero playoff wins since the '10 season, beating a sub .500 playoff team in one of the worst divisional years we've seen. But hey, they're .500 the past 4 years! God, what a loser. If you're what a real Bears fan is, then put all real Bears fans on a rocket ship and shoot it into the sun. Old losers completely happy with the oldest team in the league peaking at mediocrity the past decade.

There are posters on this board in their mid 30s who haven't seen them win a championship. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATELY? lmaoooooooo

Storied franchise. I'm tired of hearing stories. Id like to actually witness a story worth retelling outside of some minuscule achievement in the middle of years of bad. Its weird that the elderly Bears fans who cant stop talking about Bears history and rant about them moving, completely ignore that they first played in Decatur, which is further away from Chicago than Arlington Heights.

The Chicago Bears will still be the Chicago Bears. They will have a better, more accommodating stadium that will hopefully be a destination experience. They will get to control their own field, which is something completely embarrassing to be excited about. I

I'm not even sure why some of you old timers are so angry about this anyways. You probably wont be around to see it anyways. Enjoy all of your big city memories.
So all you got left is age bashing, way to stay classy ....

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
There's more in there than age bashing but congrats on selective reading.
Soldier field is fine, having "control" over your own stadium means nothing. FYI, Soldiers Field is a destination stadium. There are people all over the world who have it on their bucket lists to see the Bears play there. Just like Wrigley, I was lucky enough to grow up in Illinois so Wrigley was just a wonderful place to watch a ballgame. Now, it is one of the reasons people come to Chicago, not to see the Cubs, but to see Wrigley. I got nothing against new, I am sitting in front of three 21" screens doing 3d modeling. I just recognize some things are special. A new stadium will get a few thousand more folks in the door, have a bigger parking lot and more food vendors. I am going to guess that at the last 10 NFL and college games I went to, I had maybe one beer during the games. I try not to even use the john. I sit in my seat and enjoy the game, that is what I went there for. You lived thru Trestman and Fox, I lived thru Jim Dooley, Abe Gibron, Jack Pardee, and Neil Armstrong before being rewarded with Ditka. Even though you are young and ignorant, I can hope you will mature and start to enjoy life a little more fully. Have a nice day. Go Bears!

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
Soldier Field is probably a bucket list place for Bears fans but it's not some sacred sports venue like MSG, Fenway, Wrigley etc
I would have to say that is partly true, but the Bears have a world wide following because of their history. I am not a soccer (futbol) fan, but I would love to see a game on the pitch at Wembley. Fenway is a misshapen mistake that took, but I would watch the Red Sox play there. I would have gone to the old Yankee Stadium. There are reasons other than current win loss records to go to games.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Seriously , horse racing is dead. The gambling addicts have way too many other ways to piss away their money, these days...I live in the country, I see horses every day, I will stop and watch them in the pasture, without actually placing a bet on them, who knew that could be done????

This article seems to disagree with that statement

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
Here's your winningest team in NFL history, something Packers fans will get to say in a few weeks.
No one under the age of 60 cares about the most HOFs or 9 championships thing. When you're the oldest team in the league, you should have the most HOFers and they won 8 of those championships when there was like 10-12 teams in the NFL. Very impressive! How many people on this board watched the 1940s Bears?
What have the done for me lately? Zero playoff wins since the '10 season, beating a sub .500 playoff team in one of the worst divisional years we've seen. But hey, they're .500 the past 4 years! God, what a loser. If you're what a real Bears fan is, then put all real Bears fans on a rocket ship and shoot it into the sun. Old losers completely happy with the oldest team in the league peaking at mediocrity the past decade.

There are posters on this board in their mid 30s who haven't seen them win a championship. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATELY? lmaoooooooo

Storied franchise. I'm tired of hearing stories. Id like to actually witness a story worth retelling outside of some minuscule achievement in the middle of years of bad. Its weird that the elderly Bears fans who cant stop talking about Bears history and rant about them moving, completely ignore that they first played in Decatur, which is further away from Chicago than Arlington Heights.

The Chicago Bears will still be the Chicago Bears. They will have a better, more accommodating stadium that will hopefully be a destination experience. They will get to control their own field, which is something completely embarrassing to be excited about. I

I'm not even sure why some of you old timers are so angry about this anyways. You probably wont be around to see it anyways. Enjoy all of your big city memories.

Well said!

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Soldier field is fine, having "control" over your own stadium means nothing. FYI, Soldiers Field is a destination stadium. There are people all over the world who have it on their bucket lists to see the Bears play there. Just like Wrigley, I was lucky enough to grow up in Illinois so Wrigley was just a wonderful place to watch a ballgame. Now, it is one of the reasons people come to Chicago, not to see the Cubs, but to see Wrigley. I got nothing against new, I am sitting in front of three 21" screens doing 3d modeling. I just recognize some things are special. A new stadium will get a few thousand more folks in the door, have a bigger parking lot and more food vendors. I am going to guess that at the last 10 NFL and college games I went to, I had maybe one beer during the games. I try not to even use the john. I sit in my seat and enjoy the game, that is what I went there for. You lived thru Trestman and Fox, I lived thru Jim Dooley, Abe Gibron, Jack Pardee, and Neil Armstrong before being rewarded with Ditka. Even though you are young and ignorant, I can hope you will mature and start to enjoy life a little more fully. Have a nice day. Go Bears!
This is happening whether you like it or not fyi

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
So all you got left is age bashing, way to stay classy ....

You are an idiot! It's not age bashing. It's just stating facts that nobody that is relatively young has ever seen the Bears win anything and those same people don't give a shit about a history that achieved in the 40s.

It's time for the Bears to move into a modern facility and be a modern franchise.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:

This article seems to disagree with that statement
Since 200 41 U.S. horse racing tracks have closed, only 3 new ones have been built. To put things in perspective the U.S. horse racing industry has lost 60% of it's value in the last 20 years. The entire U.S. horse racing industry combined is worth less than the Bears. there will always some level of horse racing, but it's days as a big spectator sport are behind it.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:

Blah blah blah blah. It's happening. Nothing idiots like you can do to stop it. Boycott the new stadium if you like. Lots of people will view Arlington Heights as a destination and will forget about Soldier Field.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
I have been to AT& T stadium, and I do not view it as a destination. From an architectural standpoint, I would not mind seeing the Rams/Bolts stadium. You know the Titans are a pretty good team, they are less than 500 miles away from Chicago, maybe you should root for them. For me, I will stick with the Bears, until they move. then I will wait for a new Chicago franchise. You see, for people who understand the bears, the city is part of the deal. Your ignorance, is a weakness, you may or may not overcome. Good Luck.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I have been to AT& T stadium, and I do not view it as a destination. From an architectural standpoint, I would not mind seeing the Rams/Bolts stadium. You know the Titans are a pretty good team, they are less than 500 miles away from Chicago, maybe you should root for them. For me, I will stick with the Bears, until they move. then I will wait for a new Chicago franchise. You see, for people who understand the bears, the city is part of the deal. Your ignorance, is a weakness, you may or may not overcome. Good Luck.
Enjoy not being a fan of your 'favorite' franchise. You're a fake fan

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

Bye or whatever.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:

I'm so glad you understand the Bears better than we do. Please explain football and the Bears to us. It's a good thing that stadium has been a huge help to the Bears. Lots of great meaningful wins in that stadium since 1985 and a huge homefield advantage.

In case you are too old to understand, and only understand the Bears franchise, that was sarcasm.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Cool. I'm sitting in front of a 49" ultrawide monitor with a 27" vertical monitor next to it, reading twitter, closing down CCS ads and have 200 tabs open so i can mass n3g @dabears70.

Why did you put control in quotes? They literally have no control over their own field and im not sure how anyone can say that means nothing when its the laughing stock of the NFL. Field conditions matter and their grass is constantly a shit show. It was already fucked up in the preseason.

It's a bucket list stadium for Bears fans who haven't been. Rarely do i see someone not a Bears fan talk about their excitement to visit Soldier Field.

Life is great. I'll be at Soldier Field next month, followed by a trip to Arrowhead, a real destination stadium.