Bears snap counts from Sunday

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
That's good to see, he didn't get much work yesterday in the passing game (only threw it 21 times anyways) so I can't fan-boy out, but he made some nice blocks and stuff. He's a reliable player.

Excited to see how he progresses in year 2.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
That's good to see, he didn't get much work yesterday in the passing game (only threw it 21 times anyways) so I can't fan-boy out, but he made some nice blocks and stuff. He's a reliable player.

Excited to see how he progresses in year 2.
i wasn’t super fixated on him but he seemed solid enough in the run game

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
As a general note on the offense: I don't see why they can't play a TEN style, that's basically what they have going now. Derrick Henry and the oline is the engine of the offense, he gets over 20 carries a game, and that really opens up the PA for Tannehill (where he's great and does a lot of damage).

Obviously Mitch doesn't have the kind of deep ball that Tannehill has (he's got beautiful touch), but Trubisky is more mobile and is more of a threat getting on the edge and running (he had 8 rushes yesterday).

I'm not sure why we couldn't just have Monty and the oline continue to serve as the engine of the O (especially if you add another solid lineman in the offseason), while Mitch plays Tannehill's role albeit a bit different.

It would be a lesser version of their O to be sure, as Mitch isn't the QB that Tannehill is, and Monty isn't the RB that Henry is, but I think they could really find sustained success with that style.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Got totally screwed over by an early whistle and was clearly pissed off about it.

Regarding his usage, or lack there of, if the Bears only throw the ball twenty-one times there's not a lot left over after Mooney and Robinson II get their due. Kmet is definitely starting to come around but he's decidedly a tier (or more) below Mooney and Robinson II in his effectiveness.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
As a general note on the offense: I don't see why they can't play a TEN style, that's basically what they have going now. Derrick Henry and the oline is the engine of the offense, he gets over 20 carries a game, and that really opens up the PA for Tannehill (where he's great and does a lot of damage).

Obviously Mitch doesn't have the kind of deep ball that Tannehill has (he's got beautiful touch), but Trubisky is more mobile and is more of a threat getting on the edge and running (he had 8 rushes yesterday).

I'm not sure why we couldn't just have Monty and the oline continue to serve as the engine of the O (especially if you add another solid lineman in the offseason), while Mitch plays Tannehill's role albeit a bit different.

It would be a lesser version of their O to be sure, as Mitch isn't the QB that Tannehill is, and Monty isn't the RB that Henry is, but I think they could really find sustained success with that style.
Tannehill is probably a better runner than Trubisky right now, all things considered. He scores a lot with his legs, one of the more underrated red zone weapons in the NFL today is Ryan Tannehill on the ground.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Tannehill is probably a better runner than Trubisky right now, all things considered. He scores a lot with his legs, one of the more underrated red zone weapons in the NFL today is Ryan Tannehill on the ground.
Sure but he's not as athletic so on PA he can't get on the edge like Mitch can.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Yes, Kmet is key in Lazor's scheme because we are focusing so much on the playaction bootleg as the main staple. He is the prototypical TE to either run block or peel off and catch that 5-6 yards pass in the flats.

Kmet is projecting like expected. Not spectacular at anything, but a good all around tight end. Showing fairly soft hands and is looking tough after the catch. Has to watch his ball security.

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
As a general note on the offense: I don't see why they can't play a TEN style, that's basically what they have going now.

You answered your own question. We can't run a Tennessee Titans type of offense with Trubisky because Trubisky can't hit the deep ball. He may be more mobile than Tannehill but he's also a heck of a lot more fragile. Do you really think that running your QB who has a history of shoulder issues is a good idea? I don't.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Thought Miller could and should have been used more

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Think this is as good a place as any to put to bed the myth of Adam Shaheen that a few of the more gullible posters seems to have tricked themselves into:

Shaheen - 10 catches on 18 Targets (56%), 125 Yards, 3 TDs, Doesn't play ST

Kmet - 19 catches on 30 Targets (63%), 184 Yards, 2 TDs, 98 ST snaps so far this season

Don't want to hear people parrot that "bears lost a good TE who found success elsewhere" when Shaheen can't outproduce a rookie TE2, and still stands straight up to block like he's wearing a back brace.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Amazing what happens when you have a competent person calling plays for your offense.
Lazor has done a great job and deserves a ton of credit. i also believe it wouldn’t have meant jack shit had the HC not been able to keep the team together and playing hard. why can’t both be true?

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I posted all of the vikings runs from Cook if you want to make yourself throw up in your mouth. His play is atrocious.
I saw a lot of those live and it was pathetic. His effort on that first long pass to Conklin was god awful. He is 100% all talk and never backs it up.