Bears Team Philosophy

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Same MO. When it was Sewell or Jonah Jackson, Nc0g woukd project they improve in their 2nd years. When it is Jenkins and Jones, they will not improve.
This will be jenkins third year......
His trouble is staying healthy.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol. 2 2nd rounders, 2 1sts and DJMoore.
And still have $50 million left
It always looks good when you say " 2 firsts" but the net gain was only one, and it was at a significantly lower position.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This will be jenkins third year......
His trouble is staying healthy.

Your claim was he sucked and would not improve. Wrong.

It always looks good when you say " 2 firsts" but the net gain was only one, and it was at a significantly lower position.
Stupid logic. We dont know where it will be next year and the trade package was better than previous trades.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Pretty much every article I've seen about the trade has said it was a haul for the Bears. The offseason has been fairly consistently complimented so far. Someone would need to have an agenda to argue to the contrary at this point.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
It's a decent approach and honestly, I'm still patiently giving Poles a waiting period before evaluating him. My biggest concern is the coaches setting the scheme. I hope we have the right answers in Flus and Getsy, but if Poles got either of those guys wrong, it messes up the rest of this approach. Let's see how both sides of the ball do this year now that they have gotten some players who fit their scheme. If they show good improvements and progress, I think the overall strategy can be a successful one long term.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'll preface this with saying that a: I am not a Cubs fan, and b: I'm a big Score fan.

When the Cubs hired Theo Epstein he apparently had a meeting with all of the baseball people where they worked, as a group, on what kind of team they wanted to be. From there, they started their dealing. I think getting everyone on the same page and working to one common goal is invaluable for an organization. This is nothing but positives.

(I have only read the OP)

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Oh, apparently I did post in this thread. I have had a lot of Guinness.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Not sure on this source, but supposedly this is something Kaplan said on a radio interview.

If accurate, I dig the approach.

“Our offseason workflow is simple.
➡️
Coaches create Scheme
➡️
Scouts narrow down players who fit that scheme and assign a grade.
➡️
Data teams use the grade along with snap based metrics and athletic scores to create an updated grade.
➡️
Poles does market analysis better than any finance buff we have, and assigns a dollar value corresponding to each grade. Then we follow the formula. Ryan Poles emphasizes that we must use our skills and abilities to collaborate and succeed and that when we hand out big money its because we failed in our collaboration. Big money = shortcuts and we dont take shortcuts.”

Edit - Apologies for formatting. Tried to fix it, but my phone is being a stupid whore. Whatevs.
I bet all this analysis leads to drafting a running back in the top 10!!!!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Which became...
  • DJ Moore
  • #9 overall pick in 2023
  • #61 overall pick in 2023
  • First round pick in 2024
  • Second round pick in 2025
I wouldn't change a thing about 2022.
I'd change the Claypool trade but hoping i change my mind by midway through next year on that but don't feel confident i will.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'd change the Claypool trade but hoping i change my mind by midway through next year on that but don't feel confident i will.
Stick to reposting fansided articles and getting your GED, geezer