Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Both could be right or the predictability could be the result of Cutler's indecisiveness, poor decisions, and turnovers.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Or it could be that routes are too predictable.

*sigh* yes it's obviously the routes even though every single team in the league runs the same exact routes and concepts. :wacko::wacko:

Heaven forbid you idiot fanboys admit Cutler isn't perfect and acknowledge the existence of something everyone here can see happen every single time he plays.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Have you watched and analyzed all the coaches tapes?

Why should I pay the NFL for coaches tape when it's not needed? It doesn't take coaches tape to see Cutler holding the ball too long even though there's a man open right in front of him that he eventually throws to but since he waited forever the defender recovered and is now on his back making it a contested throw when it should of been a quick easy completion.

But please, by all means, show me this amazing coaches tape that disproves what everyone with a functioning set of eyes can see every Sunday from their seats.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Bears #1 Tendency

To not score enough points and to disappoint on offence.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's what I thought...you know shit.

Well, where's your coaches film? We're all waiting...

Here's what I know:

Defense's are playing a lot of zone coverages to take away the deep stuff and force the Bears to dink and dunk their way down the field because they know chances are someone will fuck up along the way and get a penalty to stall the drive or Cutler will fuck up and throw an INT or fumble.

And while sitting back in zone the defenders are just reading Cutler and since he stares down everyone and rarely if every looks off a defender it's pretty fucking easy for the defenders to jump the routes since they can just follow his eyes.

If you have some coaches film to disprove any of this I'll gladly recant my statements... I'll wait..

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
That's what I thought...you know shit.
Broc or anybody else for that matter doesn't need coaches tape. There is this little thing called All 22 tape which is essentialy the same thing that many of us on this board have access to. That doesn't even matter either, why? Because many professional analysts have broken down the things Broc has pointed out, Frame by frame, several times over several season. Brocs points are pretty much common knowledge at this point in Cutlers career.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why should I pay the NFL for coaches tape when it's not needed? It doesn't take coaches tape to see Cutler holding the ball too long even though there's a man open right in front of him that he eventually throws to but since he waited forever the defender recovered and is now on his back making it a contested throw when it should of been a quick easy completion.

But please, by all means, show me this amazing coaches tape that disproves what everyone with a functioning set of eyes can see every Sunday from their seats.

I will happily turn these tapes over to you for a hefty fee!! Meet me in the orange section of the parking structure at the Holiday Inn. Cash only! Respectfully, "Deep Throat".

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
But don't take my word for it... Enjoy MiddleMeatballMan.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/10/20/durkin-impressions-from-bears-dolphins/

The book is out on the Bears’ offense. With few exceptions (see: Falcons, Atlanta), teams are choking out the vertical passing game by playing zone coverages to keep a top on the defense. They’re challenging the Bears to patiently work the ball down the field without making a mistake, which they’re consistently failing to do.

What’s so confusing about why the Bears aren’t successful in doing that is that’s the very essence of the West Coast offense — a controlled, short passing attack that takes what the defense gives to you. Yet Cutler seems to get antsy and resort to his default setting, which is to stare down his primary receiver. It seems like every week an opponent points out the obvious about Cutler. This week it was Reshad Jones, who intercepted Cutler.

“After watching film all week, we saw he was looking where he threw the ball,” Jones said. “He was always looking at his receivers and never looking off. I tried to take advantage of that, and it paid off.”

There’s enough data out there to show that regardless of the coaching, these plays can’t be eliminated from Cutler’s repertoire.

http://beargoggleson.com/2014/10/22/chicago-bears-week-7-film-session-jay-cutler-interception/

The Bears balance the field in a four wide 2×2 set with Cutler in the shotgun and Forte offset to his right. The play is designed to clear out the Flat area on the left side (Holmes Go route), with Bennett filling that void for the first down catch. The Dolphins are playing Cover 2 Man, therefore the left CB (Finnegan) should carry Holmes on his Go route.

Dolphins-1-590x900.png

However, the Dolphins are utilizing a “trap” technique for their cornerbacks on the play. Finnegan will read the route of the #2 receiver (Bennett), if he runs up the Seam, Finnegan will stay vertical with Holmes on his Go route. But with Bennett stemming his route outside at about 7 yards, Finnegan will release Holmes to the FS (Jones) and squeeze inside to take away the Out route from Bennett.

8th-590x900.png

This is where Reshad Jones’ quote about Cutler locking on his receivers comes into play. Cutler stares down Bennett throughout his route, making it even easier for Finnegan to read the Quarterback’s eyes and Jones can forget about Holmes streaking down the sideline as he breaks on the throw.

9th.png

Cutler is actually lucky the pass sailed on him because Finnegan would have been right there for a Pick 6 if the throw was on target to Bennett. Jones does a great job securing the catch and keeping his arms under the ball as he falls to the ground.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll leave MeatballMan to search thru his coaches film to find the needle in the haystack play of Cutler looking off a defender. Now if you'll excuse me I've got drugs to consume. I'll check in on this later.

"Wow did you see the way Cutler looked off that defender and made that on time throw to a wide open receiver!!?!"
- said no commentator ever

stats guy

Liked Posts:
The data shows a distinct preference to throw left, despite greater success throwing right.