Bears/Texans picks are in

Sevendaymelee

Liked Posts:
Well, this is a revelation.

A team doesn't need to acquire talent on its roster. They can simply "get up for" a game because of what an opponent said, and therefore they will win.

Interesting. Do GMs know this?
I believe it was Jordan who once said something about how he'd take a team of scrubs with heart over a team of talented players, because the players with more heart will win more than not... and I totally believe him, because I've seen it first hand.

If this would have been the Ditka years, the Bears may have lost that game too. But I'll guarantee you that it would have been a blood bath, and you would have seen a hard-fought game with a lot of passion until the end.

You don't need 20/20 vision to see how little that team was trying after it got punched in the mouth last Sunday. Outside of Montgomery, it was a sad affair. No effort, no spirt, no drive... just a bunch of kids ready to go home.

On a side note... why do people get so much flack around here when they criticize the Bears? I mean, this is our team. Are we not allowed to criticize our team? Ownership? The fact that we lose every single year to the freakin' Packers and haven't won a Super Bowl in so long, that almost all of our posters don't even remember it happening?

It makes no sense. To pretend all is well is akin to an act of delusion, imo. Hell, to even be optimistic is bordering on la la land at this point. What do any of us have to be optimistic about right now? It's madness. Complete and utter madness. Until we start to see something along the lines of late 2004 and 2005 again, I'm not jumping on board like a fool. We've lost far too many games for that. And far, far too many to the Packers.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I believe it was Jordan who once said something about how he'd take a team of scrubs with heart over a team of talented players, because the players with more heart will win more than not... and I totally believe him, because I've seen it first hand.

If this would have been the Ditka years, the Bears may have lost that game too. But I'll guarantee you that it would have been a blood bath, and you would have seen a hard-fought game with a lot of passion until the end.

You don't need 20/20 vision to see how little that team was trying after it got punched in the mouth last Sunday. Outside of Montgomery, it was a sad affair. No effort, no spirt, no drive... just a bunch of kids ready to go home.

On a side note... why do people get so much flack around here when they criticize the Bears? I mean, this is our team. Are we not allowed to criticize our team? Ownership? The fact that we lose every single year to the freakin' Packers and haven't won a Super Bowl in so long, that almost all of our posters don't even remember it happening?

It makes no sense. To pretend all is well is akin to an act of delusion, imo. Hell, to even be optimistic is bordering on la la land at this point. What do any of us have to be optimistic about right now? It's madness. Complete and utter madness. Until we start to see something along the lines of late 2004 and 2005 again, I'm not jumping on board like a fool. We've lost far too many games for that. And far, far too many to the Packers.

The problem is your criticism of the Bears in this instance has zero credibility. I’m sure they all sat around in the locker room before the game and all lamented that they didn’t have the heart to play in this game. Lmao

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
The problem is your criticism of the Bears in this instance has zero credibility. I’m sure they all sat around in the locker room before the game and all lamented that they didn’t have the heart to play in this game. Lmao
Agreed. I didn't see lack of effort at all. I saw a much less talented team get outplayed. If anything, this team has shown resiliency through 2 games so far

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I wonder if La Canfora has EVER picked the Bears. I also wonder how he still has a job. That dude is absolutely Special person. Then again, so are most people. So nevermind. ?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I wonder if La Canfora has EVER picked the Bears. I also wonder how he still has a job. That dude is absolutely Special person. Then again, so are most people. So nevermind. ?
Didn’t he get fired?

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Wake Forest Demon Deacons
This is the kind of game we typically win (even in our “lean” years) so I’m picking Bears.

The real question, though, is Fields—how will he look, what will the staff let him do, and how well will he do it.

Sevendaymelee

Liked Posts:
No, I'm sure they didn't. Because that takes accountability and leads to improvement. And this team has been jostling for the basement with Detroit forever.

Agreed. I didn't see lack of effort at all. I saw a much less talented team get outplayed. If anything, this team has shown resiliency through 2 games so far
Yes, that's it. That's why we lost. It was lack of talent. How stupid could I be? I mean, we got badly beaten by the same team that got destroyed by another team that ended up getting destroyed by freakin' Eagles.

You guys, I get it. You're Bears fans. I'm a Bears fan too. But I'm not going to let that blind me. This franchise has been a joke for most of our lives, and it's still a joke. We need to do a lot better, and we're not doing it. And until we do, I'm going to call it as I see it.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No, I'm sure they didn't. Because that takes accountability and leads to improvement. And this team has been jostling for the basement with Detroit forever.

Yes, that's it. That's why we lost. It was lack of talent. How stupid could I be? I mean, we got badly beaten by the same team that got destroyed by another team that ended up getting destroyed by freakin' Eagles.

You guys, I get it. You're Bears fans. I'm a Bears fan too. But I'm not going to let that blind me. This franchise has been a joke for most of our lives, and it's still a joke. We need to do a lot better, and we're not doing it. And until we do, I'm going to call it as I see it.

You simply don’t have common sense nor football knowledge. I’d give you a shovel to get yourself out of the hole you dug but you’d rather shove it up your ass. Just stop already.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Of course I'll be watching, but objectively speaking, this is probably the worst game on the board this weekend.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is the kind of game we typically win (even in our “lean” years) so I’m picking Bears.

The real question, though, is Fields—how will he look, what will the staff let him do, and how well will he do it.
The Texans are secretly further along in their post-Watson rebuild than the Bears have recovered from Pace/Nagy.

Lovie brings 53 for revenge here. If these kids felt 100% effort last week and it collectively stunned them…then Pierce is going to run for 200 yards. No mercy.

Lovie would love to have Fields, but this week he eats him alive.

Just try to pass 30 times on Lovie with this O-line, I dare you.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I haven’t put my bet in yet but taking the under for both score and fields under 175 yards is a good starting point

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:

Seems like maybe you need to find a new team to watch if it's stressing you out that much.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
The Texans are secretly further along in their post-Watson rebuild than the Bears have recovered from Pace/Nagy.

Lovie brings 53 for revenge here. If these kids felt 100% effort last week and it collectively stunned them…then Pierce is going to run for 200 yards. No mercy.

Lovie would love to have Fields, but this week he eats him alive.

Just try to pass 30 times on Lovie with this O-line, I dare you.
People keep saying it's a Revenge game. No one minus the owners is still here from the Lovie days. No player on the Bears cares about Lovie Smith.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
People keep saying it's a Revenge game. No one minus the owners is still here from the Lovie days. No player on the Bears cares about Lovie Smith.

Well that and it’s his 3rd time facing the Bears. At this point, I’m pretty sure he doesn’t give a flying fuck

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
53 players care about him and he will tell them whatever he needs to to win.