Bears/Texans picks are in

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Nice mixture---Would get a little nervous if everyone was picking the Bears.

bears picks.jpg

Toast88

Liked Posts:
WHY DOES PATRICK FINLEY HATE THE BEARS?
That was so funny, because in the Sun-Times Bears podcast this week, he and Jason Lieser and Mark Potash spent the whole time talking about how this should be a get-right game for the Bears, and how for all the shit the Bears get, the Texans are even worse. And then at the end, he was like, "I think maybe the Texans pull it out by a point." Lol

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I'll go with the Bears considering we've got the home field. Were the game in Houston, I'd probably go the other way.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
That was so funny, because in the Sun-Times Bears podcast this week, he and Jason Lieser and Mark Potash spent the whole time talking about how this should be a get-right game for the Bears, and how for all the shit the Bears get, the Texans are even worse. And then at the end, he was like, "I think maybe the Texans pull it out by a point." Lol
If it were on the road i would give the Texans the edge because Mills is much better at home. But both of these teams suck and im reaching "who cares?" territory.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
It’s going to be an absolute fucking shit show here if Mills outplays Fields.
Mills is the better quarterback right now, so it wouldn't be surprising. The rest of the roster, as lowly as it is, is where the Bears will outplay the Texans, though.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This game might not break 30total unless one the defenses gets a score or 2. Or produces a lot of short fields.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
It’s going to be an absolute fucking shit show here if Mills outplays Fields.

There's a massive difference in the way the Texans are handling Mills versus the Bears handling of Fields. The Texans are letting Mills play and make mistakes. In his first season, he threw just under 400 passes. This year, he's thrown 75 passes. They're not trying to maximize winning every week, they're trying to develop their QB. They're getting him reps and letting him learn. He's become a solid young QB and so far the most successful in his class.

On the other hand, the Bears are foolishly trying to maximize winning this year while not caring about developing their quarterback. Last year, it was Matt Nagy making Fields do his best impression of Andy Dalton. So far this year, they've had 1 game in a monsoon against a top defense and 1 game against the Packers with their top defense. The offense had only 41 snaps last week and Fields has only thrown the ball 28 times this season, a third of the total passes Mills has made this season. Last season, Fields only attempted 270 passes. He's still not even at 300 career passing attempts.

The Bears need to stop trying to maximize winning and instead maximize their QB's development. Let him throw, let him make mistakes and who cares about the wins and losses. Not saying he'll become Josh Allen but he's a great example of a QB who started slow and became great. Allen struggled in his rookie year but still attempted 320 passes and the Bills went 6-10. The season after that, he was better (but still not near what he is now) and attempted 461 passes with the Bills making the playoffs. He looked completely lost as a passer in their playoff loss to Houston (I remember it well). Year 3, he took off and was an MVP candidate. He got reps, he made mistakes and he got better.

Let him throw and if he sucks at the end of the year, you can move on. But maximizing winning now does nothing to help maximize the QB's development.

Sevendaymelee

Liked Posts:
Those helmets are eating away at my retinas...:sick:

I see this game as a toss up. The Green Bay loss showed me that this team has no fight (I mean, when a starting QB comes into your stadium, scores a touchdown, and then literally says he owns you and you still can't get up for it? something is wrong between the ears), but since this isn't a primetime game, who knows.

50/50.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

I see this game as a toss up. The Green Bay loss showed me that this team has no fight (I mean, when a starting QB comes into your stadium, scores a touchdown, and then literally says he owns you and you still can't get up for it? something is wrong between the ears), but since this isn't a primetime game, who knows.

50/50.

Can’t tell if your serious or not. If you are serious, might I interest you in a meatball hoagie?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
"Our OL sucks!"

"We have no WRs who are worth a damn!"

"Why aren't we 'trying to maximize our QB' by having him throw 75 times?"

TL1961

Liked Posts:

50/50.
Well, this is a revelation.

A team doesn't need to acquire talent on its roster. They can simply "get up for" a game because of what an opponent said, and therefore they will win.

Interesting. Do GMs know this?