Bears threw the ball 11 times. In 2022.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You’re missing the point. The point is that a dynamic offense that just won the Super Bowl still felt the need to add more firepower and they paid our wr1 to be their wr2. While the Bears were content to do what exactly? It’s no curse or mystery why this team has sucked on offense year in and year out.

You can’t just draft a QB and expect a miracle. It takes years for a QB to get to the level of a Rodgers who can just elevate those around him. Most never get to that point. Bears continually ask inexperienced players to do this, it’s a disaster every time.

Eh Rams paid 13m a year for ARob to put up St Brown type production.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They did a rollout or a bootleg or whatever it was and Fields ran right into the defender.

Yeah and they did it last week and he escaped a guy and ran for a 1st down.

This is the NFL. Not going to get it right 100% of the time. You keep at it so Fields can learn how to react against different looks.

On that play the DE kept contain and didnt aggressively advance on him. He froze because wasnt expecting that as last week the Niners DE attacked him directly. Gotta learn all of that by continuing to call it.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You’re missing the point. The point is that a dynamic offense that just won the Super Bowl still felt the need to add more firepower and they paid our wr1 to be their wr2. While the Bears were content to do what exactly? It’s no curse or mystery why this team has sucked on offense year in and year out.

You can’t just draft a QB and expect a miracle. It takes years for a QB to get to the level of a Rodgers who can just elevate those around him. Most never get to that point. Bears continually ask inexperienced players to do this, it’s a disaster every time.
You’re comparing a team fresh off a SB to a team starting from ground zero.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
I’m just saying they called what he was clamoring for and it didn’t work out. It killed the drive.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
I'd like to see examples of Fields missing open WRs. If you're confident in what you're saying, should be easy to provide the tape

He overthrew Mooney by ten yards last night on only long throw.

Having said that, Mooney was covered like a blanket on that play but it would still be nice to give him an opportunity to catch it.

Fields was terrible all game last night in every aspect of the game.

Usually Qb’s that can run have better pocket awareness so that their running is a weapon but his running is often a detriment bc he waits too long.

There was a two foot wide hole on the 4th down play and he chose to run into someone’s back. He was in but again, have to make plays.

I guess the only positive is that this boring ass style play will keep you in most games but it’s too reliant on lucky bounces, etc.

I want to beat teams and not just kick game winning field goals while being out gained three to one and hoping they kick field goals instead of scoring td’s.

Like 2006, had we won it would have been nice but we got all the right breaks at the right times and had great special teams but we were not the best team in football, we were mostly just lucky, hence why it was untenable to keep up and we stunk the following couple of years.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Interesting exchange between Brad Biggs and Adrian Amos. Skip to 7:30.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Oh I completely agree the “help” is bad and needs to get better.

My issue is always the people who default to “well so and so QB can’t be bad because bad oline, bad WR, bad play calling, the turf, the alignment of the moon that evening….”

Tired of the excuses.
Problem is, we really don't know. They need to call Fields' number way more often to get a proper look at him. Last thing they should want is to go into next year not knowing shit about the QB.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Problem is, we really don't know. They need to call Fields' number way more often to get a proper look at him. Last thing they should want is to go into next year not knowing shit about the QB.
Good lord…. So this is the next stupid CCS narrative apparently.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

That's it. I've all but written Fields off. Not because he's necessarily terrible but he has no talent around him to prove it with and he won't before his rookie eval is over. If we get WRs next year they won't be good until Field's 4th year and the same with oline. Are we going to commit the whole draft to offense? Pay big for FAs?
If we're lucky we fix some of it and have it in place for Fields' replacement but odds are it won't be fixed in his time in Chicago.

It's basically the same QB carousel it's always been but we're drafting higher and giving them time, but no talent around them.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

If they aren't going to let him pass then it should be blindingly obvious what they think of his ability as a passer.

FatRabbit

Liked Posts:
Tank season. That is the reason they not let Fields throw ball more and win games.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Why does it look like Rainman came up with the thread title?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Good lord…. So this is the next stupid CCS narrative apparently.
How you figure? Is it not pretty stupid to actually try to develop the QB?
If they aren't going to let him pass then it should be blindingly obvious what they think of his ability as a passer.
Or they don't trust the OL and WRs. It could be a sum of it's parts type of thing. Through two games though, I don't think the Bears are trying very hard to evaluate the offensive talent.

Not to mention the bigger issue that Poles has seemed ready to move on from Fields the instant he took the job. Every single move he's made has hinted at that fact.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
How you figure? Is it not pretty stupid to actually try to develop the QB?

Or they don't trust the OL and WRs. It could be a sum of it's parts type of thing. Through two games though, I don't think the Bears are trying very hard to evaluate the offensive talent.

Not to mention the bigger issue that Poles has seemed ready to move on from Fields the instant he took the job. Every single move he's made has hinted at that fact.

Maybe the Bears should skip the run game entirely! If he passes every play he'll develop faster right!!!

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Maybe the Bears should skip the run game entirely! If he passes every play he'll develop faster right!!!
Or, just like, throw more. Because it's 2022.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Running was the only thing working. When Fields drops back it’s an adventure. They were getting big chunks running the ball. They also called more pass plays, but for whatever reason the ball wasn’t thrown. It would have been really dumb for them to keep trying to throw with how well the run was working. They can develop Fileds but also try and win the game. These coaches are trying to win. And it’s not like Fields magically becomes ready because they abandoned what was working so they could get him 10 extra throws or whatever.

Shit, I’d bet they averaged more on running plays than they did passing.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
No, they’re only going to throw 11 times a game the rest of the season. Duh…
Well their average right now is 14 per game, so that should clearly stand to reason.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
(In fairness I didn't read the whole thread so idk if someone already made this point). People in here arguing like the Bears can run or pass but not both, when balance is the name of the game. Getsy could do a much better job of using the run to set up the pass, especially when Monty is as effective as he was last night. Fields could learn a lot from watching how Rodgers sells the run in play action.