Bears tickets $$$$

cdubz11

Liked Posts:
the one downfall of a really excited fanbase.....

smallest stadium in NFL for one of biggest fanbases. they really need to get a plan going for a new stadium. it should be 80k capacity minimum. hell they could make it 100k capacity and sell out most games no problem i bet.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

smallest stadium in NFL for one of biggest fanbases. they really need to get a plan going for a new stadium. it should be 80k capacity minimum. hell they could make it 100k capacity and sell out most games no problem i bet.
Yup. I believe 2 years ago they had the 2nd highest secondary ticket prices only behind the Patriots. And that was a shit team with no real excitement. The Bears would sell out every game no matter what.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
All ticket prices are up

cdubz11

Liked Posts:
a 61,000 seat stadium was really the dumbest idea ever. i mean what exactly were they thinking???

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
a 61,000 seat stadium was really the dumbest idea ever. i mean what exactly were they thinking???
NFL does profit sharing between the teams correct? Or I could be wrong on that. If so does everyone get equal cuts or do the bears get less since their stadium contributes less than the others due to capacity limits?

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Iirc, they were thinking that if they wanted to stay at SF and keep landmark status, they were limited by the columns.

Now that they don't have that anyways.

I guess I'm just not much of a "tradition" guy but I would have preferred a large modern stadium to begin with. Give me a nice dome. Being outside in the winter is for suckers and fake tough guys.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Let suckers go to the game and pay out the ass for nosebleed seats, overpriced beer/food, parking, the headache--sorry--"experience" of needing way longer than necessary to get in/out...

4k/8k/high def/LED/whatever grade you fancy televisions were invented for a reason.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
Let suckers go to the game and pay out the ass for nosebleed seats, overpriced beer/food, parking, the headache--sorry--"experience" of needing way longer than necessary to get in/out...

4k/8k/high def/LED/whatever grade you fancy televisions were invented for a reason.

100% correct. These guys are paid mercenaries and only care about the money. I'm not spending my money on that when I have a huge 4K TV at home. Especially in winter.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
100% correct. These guys are paid mercenaries and only care about the money. I'm not spending my money on that when I have a huge 4K TV at home. Especially in winter.
If it wasn’t for us “suckers”, your team would not exist.

You’re welcome.

(For the record, anyone comparing a game at soldier field to watching from home, regardless of the size of your dick… err I mean TV, has either never actually been to a game or has smoked too much weed and eaten too many potato chips in their lazy boy to remember).

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
(For the record, anyone comparing a game at soldier field to watching from home, regardless of the size of your dick… err I mean TV, has either never actually been to a game or has smoked too much weed and eaten too many potato chips in their lazy boy to remember).
I imagine its a great atmosphere(never been) when they're playing well. I've only seen them at road games and i love seeing them in person. I saw the Bulls a ton on the road but the one time i went to the UC and got that home crowd energy, it was a completely different experience.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

As soon as they uber eat Itilian Beef down here in San Antonio, I'll continue to be a 'sucker' once a year. Plus end zone seats in the 7-8 rows aren't (or weren't) that expensive until this year.

BTW there's no italian beef down here.. and the pizza sucks.

Marley's Liberality

Liked Posts:
I love the game day experience, especially during the first half of the year. You can cut out any traffic/crowd aggravation by getting there early and tailgating then walking in with 45 minutes before kickoff. Its definitely something I like to treat myself to once a year.

There have been far too many night/weekday games lately, which really cuts down on the opportunities.

As an alternative, you can go to an away game. I had a blast even in Detroit a few years ago.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
If it wasn’t for us “suckers”, your team would not exist.

You’re welcome.

Thank you very much! We appreciate you.

I've been to multiple games. I don't get a hard on like some of you fans. Not blowing money on tickets, parking, overpriced everything and dealing with meatheads in the stands is not my idea of a fun Sunday afternoon.

I have a different perspective. The Bears are nothing more than entertainment and how they do on the field has no effect at all on my life. When the game is over I move on to more important things in my life.

You do what makes you happy.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Why? I’ve been going to Soldier Field since 1985 and have been a STH since 1999. Love the old stadium, love the new stadium. What would 80,000 seats do to actually help the team?

Bust

Liked Posts:
it's about the atmosphere. Live events are fun at times. Traffic / parking is a non issue if you take the train.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Think of it this way: the brand new Vegas stadium only has a 65k seating capacity, but they spent $1.9 billion building it ($600 mil was the cost for the 3.5k smaller Soldier Field addition). The real question is what the fuck were the Raiders/LV thinking building a stadium of that capacity for that cost? Not defending the Soldier Field project, just giving some context as to how stupid some of these decisions can be.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
just off the top of my head,

1) supply vs demand
2) landmark status (for Soldier Field, which as has been pointed out, failed miserably),
3) the Bears will never be in another SuperBowl,
4) apparently Lori Lightfoot

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
just off the top of my head,

1) supply vs demand
2) landmark status (for Soldier Field, which as has been pointed out, failed miserably),
3) the Bears will never be in another SuperBowl,
4) apparently Lori Lightfoot

3) Do you have an imminent end of the world prediction, or just a general: "they will continue to suck?"

Last edited:

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
3) Do you have an imminent end of the world prediction, or just a general: "they will continue to suck?"
sort of, but I am already paying for their lack. of winning one as a Cook County resident until 2033