Liked Posts:

Orange&Blue

Liked Posts:
Here's the ESPN take:

i

Bears agree to sign DT Larry Ogunjobi

The deal: Three years, $40.5 million

Grade: B

This player had a lot of buzz entering free agency due to his pass-rush ability from the defensive tackle spot. The Bengals got him on a one-year steal last year, and that wasn't happening again. But he missed a chunk of the season with a foot injury that reportedly required surgery, making his $13 million-per-year deal a bit steep. Many teams thought the interior defensive line market would tap out at around $10 million.

Still, he is a disruptive player for a team that needs one, after the Bears lost Eddie Goldman and Akiem Hicks inside. -- Fowler

What this means for the 2022 draft: GM Ryan Poles makes his first big-money free-agent signing by adding Ogunjobi. With three picks on Day 2, Poles could now possibly focus on the offensive side of the ball, including protecting quarterback Justin Fields and adding pass-catchers for him. -- Miller

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
Larry O to CHI

I have no clue about anything related to DTs in any capacity, but the guys on the Bengals forum all seemed pretty high on the dude for being a one year rental. It was kind of a given that they were gonna spend some cash on the D-Line with Mack and Goldman gone.

EDIT - I don't normally do this, but big thanks to the admins on this site for giving us a header that is at the very least better than whatever the hell they have going on via the primary Bengals forum I linked above. My god....

Last edited:

Bust

Liked Posts:
Don't say that. :(

I love Hicks and want him to just be our mascot.

Hicks has the personality and voice for broadcast for sure.

Poor Akiem, the dude got hurt on the first play on opening day last season and was never the same.

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Hey they got another Ogun! I hope this one is as good as the first one.

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
I like it.

Now sign some linemen on the offensive side....
Amen! Bolster the trenches on both sides of the football.

Some folks on this board seem to have forgotten the importance of the 3-technique in this type of system.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
bearsb_logo.gif
Bears sign DT Larry Ogunjobi (3 years, $40.5 million; $26.35 million guaranteed): MILLEN Grade
Ladies and gentlemen, we have our first Millen grade of the offseason! Millens are "F" grades, except they are worse, somehow.

I don't understand this signing. Larry Ogunjobi is not a great player. He recorded seven sacks in 2021, but that was fluky; he notched 2.5 sacks in the prior season. Ogunjobi also tends to get trampled while trying to defend the run. If you were to ask me, "How much money will Ogunjobi get on a 3-year deal?" I would have answered with anywhere between $12 million and $15 million. I don't understand how the Bears determined that Ogunjobi is worth $40.5 million.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
bearsb_logo.gif
Bears sign DT Larry Ogunjobi (3 years, $40.5 million; $26.35 million guaranteed): MILLEN Grade
Ladies and gentlemen, we have our first Millen grade of the offseason! Millens are "F" grades, except they are worse, somehow.

I don't understand this signing. Larry Ogunjobi is not a great player. He recorded seven sacks in 2021, but that was fluky; he notched 2.5 sacks in the prior season. Ogunjobi also tends to get trampled while trying to defend the run. If you were to ask me, "How much money will Ogunjobi get on a 3-year deal?" I would have answered with anywhere between $12 million and $15 million. I don't understand how the Bears determined that Ogunjobi is worth $40.5 million.

Yeah, no one gives a shit about walterfootball