Bears trade for BUCKNER?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Buckner is my ideal target from the Colts if the Bears get a player in the deal for #1. Part of me though, is unsure that the Colts would trade 2 1sts along with a great player like Buckner. They don't have a ton of cap space (20M projected), but they can also save another 17 by cutting Matt Ryan. So, they aren't really hurting for space either. But they do need a lot of help. They probably have to Jonathan Taylor, but not much else on that roster to pay (maybe Pittman).

Buckner though, has 0 dead cap, so they could trade him and free up all of his 42M over the next 2 years. So, that'd get them to nearly 60Mil in cap space and give them a ton of flexibility to fill his spot cheaper and younger. For the Bears, Buckner still has a lot left in the tank and was a top 5 DT this year. We know he fits in the Eberflus defense. And he's already paid for a team that has to pay players this year, and a trade for him would hedge against not being able to draft Carter or not being able to sign one of the top DTs.

I don't think Buckner still has 1st round value, based on his age and contract. But I do think he has 2nd round value. So, if you assume the Colts would have to trade 4, 35, 2024 1st and 2024 2nd for the #1 pick, Buckner in place of the 2024 2nd makes sense. Maybe the Bears have to trade a pick back, but I don't see it being more than a 4th in either year.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
Wow this could be a really wild and whacky scenario and how things end up shaking out. Colts have Buckner and Jets have Qilliams but the Lions have desperation so using information I gathered from my friend in Detroit I came up with this scenario to go off yours where they panic which bases on what my friend who lives up there said is close to what they are offering anyway

Screenshot_20230120_125557_Chrome.jpg

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wow this could be a really wild and whacky scenario and how things end up shaking out. Colts have Buckner and Jets have Qilliams but the Lions have desperation so using information I gathered from my friend in Detroit I came up with this scenario to go off yours where they panic which bases on what my friend who lives up there said is close to what they are offering anyway

View attachment 25658

No way the Lions do that haha.

That's essentially 4 first round picks, since St. Brown is a 1st round talent.

TonyDogs

Liked Posts:
I know this much, Eberflus LOVES Buckner and has mentioned him several times when explaining the importance of the defensive tackle in his defense. Wouldn't be surprised if we try to get him, especially considering the high bust factor of Carter and Bressee in the draft.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
No way the Lions do that haha.

That's essentially 4 first round picks, since St. Brown is a 1st round talent.
Well I thought that was the case too so I sent them back an electric play maker who can take it to the house anytime the ball is in his hands and who at least one GM in the league thought could be a high end gadget guy just last off season. Should lighten the blow

napo55

Liked Posts:
As you look at these trade down scenarios, ask yourself, would I make this trade if I were the Colts, Lions, etc. GM?

Seems pretty damn unlikely. Oh well, only another 98 days of crazy mock drafts...

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Lol a TE before WR
Yes. Too much emphasis is being put in position. Dalton Kincaid is better than the WRs available at that spot in the draft. He may be the best UTE in the draft. So, yes, take the best player that would score the most points — Kincaid.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:

View attachment 25658

I'm gonna cum.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

View attachment 25658
your friend in Detroit is a moron !!