Bears trade for Claypool

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Claypool is easily a better WR then Robby.

Anderson has 2 seasons better than Claypool’s best, in terms of yards. I think claypool is better but really not by much. And definitely not for the price tag.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
300 posts to catch up on. i look forward to catching up later on the same posters who were totally against overpaying for a WR and against drafting a locker room cancer, be completely on board with overpaying for a locker room cancer.

I’m good with it btw.

FatRabbit

Liked Posts:
Looks like Poles traded Quinn to saw if Smith really is that guy and he was not in that Cowboys game(cry baby and owned by pollard). So Poles traded Smith also and brought WR back because without those WRs errors Bears should had won Cowboys 50-49.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
300 posts to catch up on. i look forward to catching up later on the same posters who were totally against overpaying for a WR and against drafting a locker room cancer, be completely on board with overpaying for a locker room cancer.

I’m good with it btw.
I'll save you some time. Very few people are complaining about it outright. Some saying that we gave up too much, most saying maybe we gave up too much but it could work out.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Imagine if our 1st is top 5, and Poles can squeeze someone desperate for a C.J. Stroud or Bryce Young and secure a couple more 1sts to move down to the middle 1st. That 2nd rounder will be a distant afterthought at that point.

That’s how Ryan Pace used to think and it’s the wrong mentality. Those deals are separate from each other.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
That’s how Ryan Pace used to think and it’s the wrong mentality. Those deals are separate from each other.
True. I still think the deal for Claypool was worth it in total isolation, not saying that having a high 1st makes it acceptable or anything.

Having the second 2nd rounder, even if it'll be later than ours, made this possible. I doubt Poles would have pulled the trigger if not for that, but I obviously have no way of knowing that for sure.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I’m good with it btw.
Way to take a stance Fattytime23

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am thrilled Poles did this for so many reasons.

He said in the offseason, he believes a QB needs a big go up and get it guy he can rely on when things break down.

He got Justin one instead of waiting another half of season. One that has enough time to ball out in Chicago, while he earns himself a new/big contract.

It shows he realizes the cost for a starting WR has significantly increased over the past few years. And didn’t want to risk his acquisition of a wr on just a draft pick in case the pick doesn’t turn out.

Poles still may use an early round on a WR, but at least we know Claypool can play.

Finally, Poles got fields a legit weapon. I’m pumped.
I would also like to add, this gives Fields some confidence in his GM that they want what’s best for him.

These guys are human too. All Fields knows is winning football. All of this losing in a rebuild year is probably very difficult to deal with for Fields.

Seeing his GM go out and take a risk by trading away a 2nd rd pick for a WR that is perfect for his style of play must feel good.