Bears trade for Claypool

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
This is also the first year he’s used more out of the slot and in the backfield, so maybe he can also be an all purpose guy here in addition to deep threat

FatRabbit

Liked Posts:
So this means that we supposed to expect offense score 40-45 points right now and give us chance win games what left.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
This is also the first year he’s used more out of the slot and in the backfield, so maybe he can also be an all purpose guy here in addition to deep threat
He's had to be an all around guy because they don't have a QB that can get him the ball deep. I actually love him in the intermediate range moreso than deep. Mooney is still the better deep threat. And i don't think this move eliminates anything as far as the draft goes and adding any type of WR, because Claypool and Mooney have spent the last year and a half being all around guys because of the QB/OL situations they've dealt with.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tough getting used to what may be the 'new normal' of NFL trade deadlines.

In most previous years it was just unscrupulous sports media types like Jason La Canfora spending weeks making up rumors of blockbuster trades to farm NFL fans for clicks then the deadline hit and a couple dudes you had never heard of were traded for conditional 7ths and that was it.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Big mofo target for Justin! WOW!!!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't think our staff views Jenkins as a core piece judging by the way they've treated him.

Tough love for a guy with immense potential but a bit immature allegedly. Same way I expect them to deal with Claypool if he doesn't toe the line.

Borom better not be part of the “Core”. ESB too

Yall kill me regarding Borom. Same age as jones with 2.5 times less pressures given up ie 25 vs 10. ESB is fine as the 4th WR particularly on run downs.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'll save you some time. Very few people are complaining about it outright. Some saying that we gave up too much, most saying maybe we gave up too much but it could work out.
Thank you. Just saw it was the Bears 2nd and not the Ravens. I like it less now.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Haven't read this thread - what's the consensus?