Bears trade for Claypool

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

Check the highlights.

For those worried he is a cancer or about his production… look at how he was used with Ben compared to what he’s had to deal with since Ben.

Tons of deep shots and 1 on 1 opportunities, and he’s making plays.

He’s been stuck with trash since Ben retired. Even the corpse of Ben was better for him than what’s going on this year. Pickets arm is weak, and Mitch is one of the absolute worst deep ball throwers, bears fans should know this best.

This year the qbs are struggling to get him the ball and he’s being used over the middle and getting killed, or he’s used as a gadget player. He’s 3rd in receptions and it’s really unacceptable.

The bears offense has tons of issues but imagine if clay pool was the target of 2-3 of those 4 deep shots. I like my odds here. He’s going to be used far closer to how he should be in Chicago if the protection can hold up long enough. This is exactly what fields needs imo.

Going to have to see how it pans out for him but I’m definitely excited for it on paper.

EDIT: Kindly notice how his highlights magically end once its Trubisky at QB. 3 minutes of highlights with ben going deep to claypool. Sure he can be used in other situations but he is a deep threat.

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Hey bud- I'm guilty of this, but please don't use the R word. I used to use it a lot without regard. And after I did some volunteer work, I contain myself. I just say morons. I'm not the word police, but that word hurtts a lot good hearted folks. Keep up the posts.
Great post but unfortunately i've been trying for years to get mostly the @Anytime23 aka @Fattytime23 clown crew to stop using that word but they aren't grown up enough to understand how easy it is to simply stop using that word and how disrespectful that word is to the mentally challenged.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Plz don't use the "M" word, my dad is an M and has suffered his entire life because of it. I prefer to call him "a fuckin' dipshit". TY
As i was saying................

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Second is too high, but if he comes with a good attitude the upside is there.
The draft is a crap shoot quite often. I looked at the 2020 draft and there were 10 WR's picked ahead of Claypool,
maybe 2 -3 have been as good so far and several are out right busts. Clay is a known quantity with great physical skills,
good results with Big Ben, contested catch ability, size, speed etc. I'd prefer him over what might be there in 2nd round next year
and you have tape against NFL players to back it up. I loved this guy coming out and think he helps Fields right away, not
2 years down the road. This is a home run. Now with Mooney, Harry, ESB, maybe Pringle and down the road Velus you have the makings
of an NFL WR room.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Great post but unfortunately i've been trying for years to get mostly the @Anytime23 aka @Fattytime23 clown crew to stop using that word but they aren't grown up enough to understand how easy it is to simply stop using that word and how disrespectful that word is to the mentally challenged.
You had sex with your niece and throw around homophobic insults anytime someone disagrees with you. Id sit this one out.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Simply making a selection or using that pick to acquire a quarterback are much more efficient uses than dealing it midseason in a non-contending year.

But not building now is useful too, is it?

How do these people get paid money to write things with holes in them, when I can come here and read similar?
You're making fun of a writer who speculated the reasons were "twofold", and then listed three reasons?

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Thought we were "doing it right building through the draft " and here we go burning a 2nd rounder.

At least he's a decent player I guess. Won't make a difference this year with expansion level defense that can't stop anyone.
He's about 24-25 years old and proven, take that over a 2nd round pick all day long. Gives them flexibility in 1st round next year.

Rise

Liked Posts:
The 27 yo who hasn’t played in almost two years?

The question was asked I answered it. Do you think Claypool is better than Ridley? Even if yes Ridley was also traded today.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You had sex with your niece and throw around homophobic insults anytime someone disagrees with you. Id sit this one out.
You talk and laugh about raping children. You're a Lester.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not up to date on the Steelers but browsing the reddit, fans think Johnson was being more of a malcontent than Claypool. Johnson is the better WR so the choice was obvious but just something I ended up seeing

We'll see how this goes though
I saw a few posts there how he has matured and not been an issue. Like this one:

“On one hand, I’m kinda upset. He seemed like he was starting to mature and become somewhat of a leader, and he has balled the fuck out for us before so I have a soft spot for him.”

Rise

Liked Posts:
a 3rd for a WR who wont get any meaningful reps with Fields until next year?

:jonesy:

The question was asked I answered it. Care to bet who puts up better numbers next year? I’ll take Ridley.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
The question was asked I answered it. Do you think Claypool is better than Ridley? Even if yes Ridley was also traded today.
I’m aware. He also quit on his team mid year, too many red flags.