D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
PFF doesnt have that. Quan led the NFL in run stuffs though which is a tackle that constitues a failure for the O. So for example 1 yard gain on 3rd and 2. Or 2 yard gain on 1st and 10. He also was 1st in passer rating against. Last year he was 1st in TFLs.

Quan has a bad PFF grade because he is feast or famine. If he can run around a block or beat the blocker to the RB then he will make the ball. If they get their hands on him then he cant shed blocks.

Given how bad the DL is in front of him he is not unblocked as much as you would want. Hence why 3T is so important in this D. You need someone to command dpuble teams so that the WILL can flow to the ball.
What? A 3 tech is not schemed to take on a double team. The whole purpose, is to isolate the guard, so that the center is NOT in position to help block on the 3 tech. They are called a 3 tech, because they line up in the 3 gap. It is the 2 tech that is designed, or expected to take the double. The 1 gap is left open.

If the tackle helps to double a 3 tech, it either leaves the end unblocked, or in a favorable mismatch, with a TE.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It will be expensive though because it cost the team a 2nd round pick if he doesn't work out for less than half of his rookie contract. That is expensive. The only hope is that he balls out, gets paid and is here for 5 or 6 years. Otherwise, total waste of an expensive 2nd round draft pick.

Also, regarding your off season moves I would be VERY surprised to see Montgomery in a Bears uniform next year. I think he has to take a very reasonable deal to be with the team next year.
He has already proven to be an NFL #2 level WR, at the very least, not sure what you mean by "if he doesn't work out." Only way he doesn't "work out" is by massive injury or massive failure by the coaching staff and that is true of every single player. He is going to be motivated to ball out as he nears the extension phase of his rookie contract, so he is about the safest use of a second round pick at WR that the Bears could have.
Another thing to consider is rookie WR's, esp non top #15 OA, take a year or longer to usually produce, the class this year is proving that, so getting a plug and play bonafide NFL #2 WR with still 1.5 yrs on a rookie contract is a feather in Poles cap.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
What? A 3 tech is not schemed to take on a double team. The whole purpose, is to isolate the guard, so that the center is NOT in position to help block on the 3 tech. They are called a 3 tech, because they line up in the 3 gap. It is the 2 tech that is designed, or expected to take the double. The 1 gap is left open.

If the tackle helps to double a 3 tech, it either leaves the end unblocked, or in a favorable mismatch, with a TE.
A 3T is almost always combo blocked on running play to his side, unless it's a trap or a pitch where he is potentially downblocked.

I think the idea is that a good 3T can command more attention from the OT, making it harder for him to get off the combo and to the LB, or if the OT leaves too early he's got leverage on the G to make the play.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
My point was that the Steelers fans were saying things like "If you are looking for a guy that will jump higher than anybody to attempt to catch the ball at his knees he is your guy" They were talking about his play on the field in my, admitted, anecdotal experience.

Bears fans are happy about the RoqSmitty trade because they actually got something for him when he was obviously going to be an off season distraction due to his contract dispute, not because of his play. I haven't heard a single Bears fan happy that he is gone because of his play, it was because they knew he was going away anyhow and they managed to flip that into a positive instead of a distraction that at best would turn into a comp pick.

Steelers fans are happy they got rid of him for a very different reason than Bears fans are happy they got rid of Smith.

I think understanding why the fans are happy they got rid of a guy is not "dumb as fuk."
What is more telling, the fans perspective or the teams? In this case I would say it is Mike Tomlin's take when he said that the reason for the trade was that the WR room was the deepest on the team.

This is a trade that very well could work out for both teams.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My point was that the Steelers fans were saying things like "If you are looking for a guy that will jump higher than anybody to attempt to catch the ball at his knees he is your guy" They were talking about his play on the field in my, admitted, anecdotal experience.

Bears fans are happy about the RoqSmitty trade because they actually got something for him when he was obviously going to be an off season distraction due to his contract dispute, not because of his play. I haven't heard a single Bears fan happy that he is gone because of his play, it was because they knew he was going away anyhow and they managed to flip that into a positive instead of a distraction that at best would turn into a comp pick.

Steelers fans are happy they got rid of him for a very different reason than Bears fans are happy they got rid of Smith.

I think understanding why the fans are happy they got rid of a guy is not "dumb as fuk."

Yeah this isn't true. I am debating with Bears fans who don't think Smith's performance was all that.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

You seem confused. I never said the D schemes for the 3T to be double teamed. Obviously the goal is for them not to be doubled teamed but the reality is a good 3T gets doubled teamed because the O isn't fucking stupid and just going to let the 3T be single blocked all game.

Donald was double teamed on 70% of plays at one point. That is why a good 3T is so important. In the pass game if you double the 3T then hopefully you have a DE who can win one on one and a NT who can at least push the pocket back into the QB's face if they opt to single block him figuring he is not a good pass rusher.

In the run game if you have a NT that is stout in the run game but still have to double the 3T because he can shoot his gap and get in the backfield then it makes running up the middle next to impossible as that is 4 blockers you have to commit to the DTs. Hence why the outside zone is so popular as you can leave guys unblocked on the backside and concentrate blockers to one side.

Last edited:

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Where are you getting this from??
Some knucklehead on a message board somewhere,if it wasn't re-signing him,why did Pitt give up on their 2nd round pick?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Some knucklehead on a message board somewhere,if it wasn't re-signing him,why did Pitt give up on their 2nd round pick?

Because they just paid DJ and Pickens is cheaper. No team is paying 3 WRs big money so one of them had to go and Claypool made the most sense for the above reasons.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
The fact that you think Anderson and Claypool are almost the same player tells me exactly how fuckin stupid you are.

Don’t cry dude. The numbers don’t lie. Claypool is better right now because of age but Anderson was better at the same age. And I already said I’m fine with the trade now so what’s your beef? You’re the guy that gave me a 1 day ban too right, first one after 10 years? I found the guy who was bullied in high school ?

Bust

Liked Posts:
dolphins are beatable boyz.

claypool 2 touchdowns #calledit

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Don’t cry dude. The numbers don’t lie. Claypool is better right now because of age but Anderson was better at the same age. And I already said I’m fine with the trade now so what’s your beef? You’re the guy that gave me a 1 day ban too right, first one after 10 years? I found the guy who was bullied in high school ?
Why are you comparing guys that aren't similar in anyway? How would a guy that's not a mod ban you?

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
The more you talk, the stupider you get. Not sure how you can get stupider with this post, but you’ll find a way.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Robbie Anderson first 2 years in NFL - 1528 receiving yards, 9 receiving TDs and 51 yards rushing.
Chase Claypool first 2 years in the NFL - 1733 receiving yards, 11 receiving TDs, 112 yards rushing and 2 rushing TDs.

Claypool was better.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can people name the better 2nd round WRs in the league right now? Brown on Eagles for sure and maybe Sutton on Broncos?

Can our CBMB scouts please name all these studs that were drafted in 2nd round, that are putting up better production? Also, all these 2nd round prospects in college that will be available in 2023? I'll wait.